• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokédex completion rewards?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Oh my gosh I never realised that! :) That's pretty logical, when you put it like that it's hopefully more likely gonna happen then :) I feel like if it was a Hoenn game they were included in before then Gen 6-wise if they're gonna appear at all it'll more than likely be in the ORAS games, fingers crossed anyways!! :)I also feel like they will for GTS / Wonder Trading purposes, starters are pretty popular on there so including the Johto ones makes a lot of sense :)

Then you also have the fact that the Johto starters are only obtainable from EHgSs (not counting GSC as obviously those can't be transferred to begin with) or one breed that is very likely related to that starter (I think XD is the only other game that has the Johto starters, and that is a spin off). Meanwhile the Sinnoh starters had an event last generation (though it was by serial code). So the Johto starters are over due to return, hopefully with Megas.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • As much as I would like to gain access to some event-exclusive species after completing the National Pokédex, I highly doubt Game Freak will do the right thing and start downgrading event-exclusives to simple legendaries you can capture in-game, even if you'll need the complete Pokédex for this. I think things won't change from X/Y: Oval Charm first, Shiny Charm next, and that's it.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I could see the Johto starters returning with Mega Evolutions as rewards for completing the Hoenn pokedex. I posted my theory about that particular feature from Emerald in the Mega Evolution Speculation thread.

Years
  • I honestly wouldn't be surprised for Johto Starters or even Kanto (again) after completing Hoenn Dex. Shiny Charm and Oval Charm are probably going to appear unchanged, and let's keep it that way.

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    OMG I would flip if they made it so you could get a set of starters after you complete the Hoenn Dex or even the National Dex. I have a feeling they'll just stick with handing out the Shiny Charm, but it would be awesome if they handed out a set of starters (I would think 2nd gen or maybe 4th gen starters) maybe with egg moves and/or good preset IVs? That probably wouldn't happen, but I can dream.
    Good idea! Maybe with Moves that are very useful in PvP Pokemon Battles, but are very difficult to get on them. OR! With also their Hidden Abilities! They could also do that, but also with releasing a Shiny of them! Getting all that+them being Shiny might be a goal worth questing for, as getting that with it being Shiny with all that you mentioned would be a difficult feat to acomplish by normal means, as if you wanted to breed for perfect IVs and Moves, you'd need to have a Pokemon who ALREADY has perfect IVs to use as the parent to pass-down it's traits! I hope we will get something REALLY good for completing the Pokedex in ORAS, as there is more than 700 Pokemon now I think!

Years
  • Good idea! Maybe with Moves that are very useful in PvP Pokemon Battles, but are very difficult to get on them. OR! With also their Hidden Abilities! They could also do that, but also with releasing a Shiny of them! Getting all that+them being Shiny might be a goal worth questing for, as getting that with it being Shiny with all that you mentioned would be a difficult feat to acomplish by normal means, as if you wanted to breed for perfect IVs and Moves, you'd need to have a Pokemon who ALREADY has perfect IVs to use as the parent to pass-down it's traits! I hope we will get something REALLY good for completing the Pokedex in ORAS, as there is more than 700 Pokemon now I think!

If we get any starters as rewards it'll likely be thanks to completing the regional dex. So it'll be 212 or so Pokemon.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I have one of every Pokemon in my Pokebank so I'm personally really hoping that starters aren't going to be a prize for completing the dex as I just don't need them. Especially with trading being easier than ever there is really no need since you can get them pretty much whenever you want.

The two charms that were given out in X and Y were perfect rewards and I'd love for them to be continued over to these games

Years
  • I have one of every Pokemon in my Pokebank so I'm personally really hoping that starters aren't going to be a prize for completing the dex as I just don't need them. Especially with trading being easier than ever there is really no need since you can get them pretty much whenever you want.

The two charms that were given out in X and Y were perfect rewards and I'd love for them to be continued over to these games

One can also trade those same charms over to OrAs as they're plain items.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Why does everyone single person want a reward related to starters and shinies.
    I have a idea. Why not give us a ticket to Sinnoh (Nah I dont think we will get access to another region) for viewing all Pokemon in Hoenn Dex and For catching all Pokemon in Hoenn Dex we get Johto Starter, For Viewing all in National Dex we get some special decor for Secret Bases and For catching them all the SHINY CHARM.

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
  • I believe we may get the Oval Charm for seeing all the Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex, a Johto starter with it's Hidden Ability after catching everything in the Hoenn Dex and the Shiny Charm for completing the National Dex.

Years
  • I believe we may get the Oval Charm for seeing all the Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex, a Johto starter with it's Hidden Ability after catching everything in the Hoenn Dex and the Shiny Charm for completing the National Dex.

Or maybe flip the Oval and the Johto starter there. If the Friend Safari reappears perhaps we can get the hidden ability Johto starters there, if the one given to us lacks it.

Years
  • Why does everyone single person want a reward related to starters and shinies.
    I have a idea. Why not give us a ticket to Sinnoh (Nah I dont think we will get access to another region) for viewing all Pokemon in Hoenn Dex and For catching all Pokemon in Hoenn Dex we get Johto Starter, For Viewing all in National Dex we get some special decor for Secret Bases and For catching them all the SHINY CHARM.

Including an entirely different region would take a lot of extra work and most likely push back the release date quite a bit, so I doubt they'd do that. Starters/shinies are simply easier to give and are still a valuable reward.

Years
  • Including an entirely different region would take a lot of extra work and most likely push back the release date quite a bit, so I doubt they'd do that. Starters/shinies are simply easier to give and are still a valuable reward.

Please note that GF likely started working on the games for awhile now. Also game companies usually don't announce a release date until they're near done with the game. So whatever the games do have is likely already set in stone. Especially since we have two months and three weeks to go. For all we know GF may have included a Sevii island like region at least in the time they have been working on the games.

Back