• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Adventure: Follow the Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
  • Pokémon Adventure: Follow the Darkness

PLOT
    Dear Trainer

Hi!
    My name is Samuel Pace and I am the Head Professor of Pokémon Research here in the Arkens Region... but, I guess you already know that... why else would you be reading this letter?
    Uhm... As you know, today is the day that you get your very first Pokémon and start your Journey. You will face fun times and tough challenges... ha-ha, I heard Professor Samuel Oak tell his first time trainers that... and it's true.
    Although, I'm afraid the only thing I have in common with Professor Oak is that we both have the same first name. I am only 21 and barely even recognised by the more well known Professors; Oak, Ivy, Elm, Birch and Rowan.
    They say you are only truly a good Professor once your first group of trainers have achieved the goal of Pokémon Champion. So that's what I'm hoping to have happen, but I'll need you... the trainers, to play your part and become Champions of the Arkens Region. Ha-he...

Anyway, enough about my dream... this day is suppose to be about you. I'd like all of you to come down to my lab in Sunrise Town. It is here that you will be given your first Pokémon, a Pokédex and five Pokéball's to use on your Journey. To successfully complete the Arkens Challenge, you must collect the eight badges of Arkens... which are scattered all about the region; once all eight badges have been collected you will be granted entry into the Pokémon League.
    The Pokémon League is a group of four superior trainers and their master, the Champion of Arkens. Defeating all five of them in succession is your final objective and with that completed you will gain the title of Pokémon Champion.

I hate to make you any more nervous than you already are, but I do have some bad news. I have just received word from a good friend of mine that there has been a quite extreme crime wave across the Arkens Region, the culprits are known as "Team Night Star" and they have been performing acts of cruelty among humans and Pokémon alike.
    Murder, theft and arson are just a few of their more extreme crimes. I caution you, if you ever come into contact with this elite team of criminals... proceed with extreme caution, as they are highly dangerous.

I hate to leave you on such a bad note, but I'm afraid I've told you all I know. Please, come straight to my lab so I can prepare you for your long Journey.

Professor Samuel Pace

RULES

Not every Pokémon will be available to be captured in this RP and I will not be telling you which ones are. This way, you will have no idea what Pokémon you might meet... it adds to the fun. XP
    Legendary Pokémon will not be able to be captured, but they will appear in the RP.

I will not be playing in this RP; I will act as the game master and will be controlling NPC's such as Prof. Pace, the Gym Leaders/Elite 4 Members and Night Star Admins.
    You can only control your character and no-one else's. That means no God Modding what so ever, not even if the other member gives you permission... which is highly unlikely.

Be active! That means, if you only come online once in a blue moon... don't bother joining this RP. If you do have to go somewhere and won't be online for a few days, at the least, tell me before hand. If you don't, I'll end up kicking you out and if we move too far ahead... there won't be another chance for you to join.

Lastly, just have fun! I don't want to seem like the big scary boss, who runs everything (even though I am XP) If I, or any other member in this RP is stopping you from having fun... let me know right away, that way we can find a way to help.

The Character Sheet

Character Name: What's your character's name?
    Birth Date: When was your character born?
    Appearance: What does your character look like? (At least one paragraph)
    Personality: How does your character act around others? (At least one paragraph)
    History: Where, when and how did your character grow up? (At least one paragraph)
    Preferred Starter: Which of the starter Pokémon below do you want?

Pokémon

Togepi: taken by Slytherfang

Level: 5
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Attacks: Growl, Charm
    Nature: Sassy

Elekid: taken by Koroc

Type: Electric
    Ability: Static
    Attacks: Quick Attack, Leer
    Nature: Naughty

Magby: taken by Pika_master414

Type: Fire
    Ability: Flame Body
    Attacks: Leer, Smog
    Nature: Mild

Budew: taken by Zimvee

Type: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Attacks: Absorb, Growth
    Nature: Relaxed

Map of Arkens

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • I do not have much stuff going on right now, so can I reserve Magby? I'll try to make my whole sign-up right now.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • (Since i love overloading myself with RP's i'll give your's a try!)
    Character Name: Bobby Baker
    Birth Date: 11/03/91
    Appearance: Bobby is about 5ft 5in tall and weighs about 120lb. Very thin he's skin tone is tan almost to the point of looking like he is from the Caribbean as he spends most of his time outside. He has a mess of curly black hair that is constantly knotted and has dark brown Hershey chocolate eyes. He not on the strong side so he's very boney to the point that you can count his ribs. Among his family he is tall and lanky when he is actually rather short. Wears a brown unzipped jacket all the time with a black/brown shirt underneath. Wears blue jeans and and faded blue shoes. The shoes are a pair of hover shoes that Bobby has invented. Bobby also sports a pair of goggles that his dad gave him for his 8th birthday on his head that lets him see in the rain and sandstorms. They also double as binoculars and lets him see his and the opponents pokemon's stats. Bobby has a red bandanna that he wears over his hair to hid a giant scar that he recieved when he was younger when he fell off a cliff during a fight.
    Personality: Bobby on the surface seems to be rather edgy and sarcastic. While he has a sarcastic streak a mile long deep down he is a very happy carefree boy. Always thinking up random thoughts and saying them out loud Bobby is known to draw odd looks from people. He also dosen't know when to keep his mouth shut, saying the first thing that comes to his head, most of the time inappropriate at the time. Tries to come off as a ladies man, Bobby actually is hopeless when it comes to dating. This isnt surprising as he is known to be shy at first, but when you get to know him he is one of the closet friends you'll have.
    History: Born prematurely on November 3rd 1991, it looked like Bobby wasn't going to last long in this world. But as fate would have it Bobby is a fighter at heart and manage to recover from his unknown condition. His first few years were rough living with his mom in his Grandma's house while his dad was at college. As soon as he graduated Bobby's father took his mom and Bobby into his small apartment in Pallet Town. They soon quickly moved to a condo where Bobby was introduced to Pokemon and other kids. In kindergarden the other kids distrusted Bobby so he turned to his wild Pokemon friends for support. Their friendship didn't last long as soon Bobby and his family moved to Vermillion City.

Their life was even harder for Bobby, as he was now an older brother to a little brother and a little sister. Now he had to contend with new friends, a new place, and new family members. The three years here were Bobby's loneliest as no one wanted to talk to him and he was constantly watching his brother and sister, despite being 8, and watching his parents marriage fall apart. It was at this time Bobby was given his goggles by his dad.

When Bobby was 9 disaster struck. Bobby's dad moved his family back to Pallet Town and then 2 weeks after being moved in Bobby's dad left. The family was left in pieces as Bobby's mom worked 2 jobs and his siblings were sent to various relatives. Bobby then found a way to vent out his anger at his dad. Street fighting. This started Bobby's path to the person he is today.

When Bobby was 13 he beat one of the challengers in a fight on a cliff, but the challenger was a sore loser and shoved him off the cliff. Bobby scraped his head on the way down which resulted in a scar on his forehead. Luckily his wild Pokemon friends from his younger days found and rescued him. When he got home he realized what a burdon he was being to his mother so he decided to go look for his dad as a Pokemon Trainer. His mom forbid it but in the end they compromised and he would leave when he was 16. During this time he built his hover shoes which help him cross sand, water in short periods of time, and also made him go faster. He is now 16 and is ready to start his journey.

Preferred Starter: Budew

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Character Name: Reily Lynn Jackson
    Birth Date: October 31st, 1994
    Appearance: Physical Info- Reily is considered between average and fairly tall, standing at 5 feet, 4 inches tall, or 160 centimeters. She is borderline low weight, the scale says 94 pounds, or 42.7 kilograms, making her not quite toothpick-like as far as physical appearance, but getting there, though her weight's not low intentionally. Her hair is dark brown, almost black, and reaches down to her mid black, and she's got braces (standard silvery grey), though somehow they look pretty good on her.

Clothing, Normal Days- On normal days, Reily wears a black short sleeved t-shirt with a silver dragon on it, and a turquoise tank top that is a little bit longer than the shirt. She also wears white, grey, and black plaid shorts, one silver cuff bracelet on each wrist, and white running shoes, which she keeps in good condition. In colder weather she exchanges the shorts for heavier jeans made of dark gray/black denim, and black waterproof lace up boots. In addition to that she wears a white heavy, but not bulky, zip up coat.

Clothing, Formal Occasions- On the occasions where Reily needs to dress up a bit, she wears a black straight dress, with the skirt falling to around her knees, and which is trimmed with silver, she also wears delicate silver sandals with a very low heel, because she can't walk in higher heels, and swaps the cuff bracelets for one slim silver bracelet which she wears on her right wrist, and a silver necklace with a small diamond (of lower quality, because high quality diamonds are just worth too much) hanging from it.

Personality: She is often cold, and doesn't care much for other people when she first meets them. For some people, actually, for most people, that's basically how it stays. for a few others, they can open her up a little bit. Most of the time however, students and teachers never get a glimpse of her real self, just the unfeeling outer shell.

She is a troublemaker. Stirring up trouble gives her a reason to laugh. Her life was lonely, she became a loner, with few reasons to laugh or sometimes even to smile, so its easy to understand why laughing is such a great feeling to her, I mean, laughing lifts your spirits, right? And also because Reily just likes breaking the monotony a bit sometimes, and stirring up some trouble once in a while just for the fun of it is, well...fun.

History: Reily's family life wasn't exactly a fairy tale. Well, actually, virtually nobody's is, but hers was farther from a fairy tale than most people's. Her father wasn't exactly a great one, he left her mother without reason or warning, though its not as big of a deal to Reily as it could have been, because she hardly knew her father to begin with, but she can feel rather awkward because she doesn't have a father like most people normally do.
    From the time she was born Reily was restless and full of energy, nobody knew what to do with her. One moment she would be on one side of the room, the next moment she would be on the opposite side. She was pretty unpredictable, and because she had no outlet for her extra energy, she figured out how to do chin ups on the bar of her crib and would do them for almost half an hour at a time until she was completely exhausted, then she would fall asleep. When she was two, her mother decided that doing chin ups on her crib bar was not the answer, and took her to a karate place to be enrolled, and Reily absolutely loved it. She progressed steadily, quickly, even, and became a black belt at the age of ten, which was probably the proudest moment of her life. Then she really got into pokemon, she doesn't really know how, but at some point between the time when she turned twelve and the time she turned thirteen, Reily had fallen in love with training and battling with pokemon. She decided that she wanted to become a pokemon trainer, though she has never given up karate.

Preferred Starter: Lets go with Togepi

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Character Name: Koroc Henderson

Birth Date: 08-06-91

Appearance: Koroc is about 5'8 and he has dark skin. His hair is black and spiky but most of the time it covered up by a green bandana. He wears a silver necklace with a pendent of his family in it all the time. He has a pair of goggles on his forehead that are grey with yellow lens and a black band that keeps it on his head. He is always wearing his black back pack that has a green sewn in Snorlax footprint in the middle of the bag.

Personality: Koroc is a shy person but at the same time very kind. He is the type of person that doesn't like to open up to others and stays secluded in his bubble. He never speaks and never asks for help because he doesn't feel confident about himself and thinks getting help is a sign of weakness. He will only work with others if he has to and even then he only focuses on the job at hand and finishes it as quickly as possible so he can go back to being by himself. Koroc is always contemplating whether he should change but so far he has gotten no where. He doesn't have friends and he doesn't go around messing with others. He is very courteous to others because he knows it will pay off in the long run and he will help people out as long as it does not require him to talk. Now he wants to change but doesn't know how exactly to start his new ways so he decided to go on adventures to change his ways.

History: Koroc was in a family of 5 and he happened to be the middle of children. The things that the other two did to always outshine Koroc's accomplishments and when he did do something that the other two failed at he seemed to not get the same recognition that they would have got. Koroc always felt left out and thought that he could never be as good as the other two in the family.

When Koroc turned 12 he wanted to become a pokemon trainer and try to be the best he could be. His parents would often find Koroc looking in books about tactics and strategies of pokemon battles. Koroc would leave the house reading books on pokemon and he went to the lab to help with the pokemon sometimes. Kenneth would sometimes ask his parents if he could go to Rustboro city and sit in the pokemon school classes. They would tell him to take a bus or to see if one of his friends would take him because they were always seemed to be too busy to help him. Koroc found ways to get the knowledge of pokemon. The next year Koroc's family moved to the Arkens Region when his dad got a new job there.

Many years later Koroc was able to go out and become a trainer. Kenneth was smiling from ear to ear and he began packing. Kenneth was determined to prove to his family that he was nothing to be looked down upon. Kenneth began leaving the house His mom pulled out a phone and a necklace with a pendent that had a picture of his family on it. Koroc saw that with this gift that his parents was behind him all the way.

Others : He has an older sister that had went off to become a professor in the Kanto region. While his younger brother is still to young to leave home but he visits the lab from time to time to play with the pokemon.

Preferred Starter: Elekid

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • That sign-up was alright Koroc, but... just like Slytherfang, could you please tell me what other RP's you've been involved in?

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Currently I am not in a RP but I was in Pokemon Mystery DUngeon : Escaping the Dark but it seems that they gotten rid of that RP.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Name- Bret
    Gender- Male
    Age- 11
    Birthdate- April 14, 1997

Appearance- Bret looks exactly how he acts: childish and immature. He is fairly tall for his age, making people think that he is older than he actually is. That changes, though, when they look at his face. He has large, brown eyes and a huge grin on his face that makes people laugh when they see him. He has scrappy brown hair that sticks out of the hat he usually wears which is always messy and untidy. He always wears travel clothes wherever he goes whether it is school, home, anywhere.

Personality- Bret has never transferred from a child to a preteen. People who have met him most of the time notice his immaturity first out of everything and only notice this trait of his. Bret acts childish all the time and is a fun person to be around young children and sometimes older kids, but annoying to adults. When somebody is down or upset, Bret is usually there to cheer them up- or annoy them some more. Bret can also be brave and rash and jump into dangerous situations without even thinking about it. Common sense and intelligence is in his head, he just doesn't use it. Somebody usually has to be around him to set him straight and keep him out of trouble.

History- Bret had lived a fairly normal in his hometown, Pewter City, by just going to school and then coming home, but he knew his life was missing something: pokemon. But because of his personality, and the fact that his parents were usually busy, he was never allowed to go capture a pokemon of his own
    One day though, Bret actually got permission from his parents to go to the Viridian Woods. Because of his excitement and lack of sense though, he took off into the woods without a pokeball and was attacked by a mob of pokemon. Luckily, a young trainer saved him and lead him out of the woods safely. Bret soon grew attached to this trainer after watching his bravery in the Pewter gym and in his matches in the Viridian Woods. He ended up traveling with him and watched him slowly grow to be a successful trainer. It only made him want to travel more and be a success just like him.
    With the trainer was finished with the Kanto region, Bret told him about his dream to start his own journey. He thought it was an amazing dream and handed him a small necklace to remember their friendship and made him vow that he was going to be an amazing trainer one day. With the trainer's charm, Bret knows he needs to prove himself and be an amazing trainer one day.

Prefered Starter- Magby

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • ok thats pretty cool how you're linking my Kanto RP with this one Pika_Lover!

I was thinking about it and I thought it would be really fun to play as Bret! I don't wanna play as Gold in every rp. It will be cool to continue onto Bret's story for a change.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • That's awesome! I was always going to accept you anyway, but that sign-up just adds to it.
    Mystery trainer = Gold...
    Anways, I can't wait to see Bret's Journey after leaving Gold. Accepted!

Pinhead

Won't you scream my name?
    Years
  • Character Name: Tom Skibeck

Birth Date: November 23 1990

Appearance: Phys.- Tom has dyed red hair with jet black in it. Tom wears black glasses. Tom's hair covers his ears and is long enough to cover his forehead. He wears it pushed to the left side. Tom's 6ft tall. HE weighs 145lbs and beacuse of his height is thin as a rail though he eats alot.

Clothes(Normal)- Tom wears almost skintight black pants with green stiching on them. Tom wears a green shirt with Circa Survive written in the color purple and script. Tom also wears black glasses. Toms shoes are black with a red stripe on them. When it gets cold tom wears the same pants and shoes, but he puts on a hoddie with blue and white striped on them. Tom wears brown leather braclets on both his writs. On Tom's back is a black backpack which he uses to carry food and potions.

Formal- For formal Tom wears black suit pants with a black suit jacket and red tie. He wears the same shoes and braclets. To make his hair look better he will put jell in it and part it with the larger part going to the left.

Personality: Tom is mostly shy around others. But when he gets to know he hes loud and very talkative. Tom has a level head on his shoulders and it takes alot to make him mad. Tom trys to handle situations rationally and doesn't like confrentations. Though when it comes down to it he will fight if he needs to. Tom likes the cold weather doesn't like to lose. He also likes to play the guitar and if he finds a shop while traveling will havve to stop and play a riff or two.

History: Tom grew up in Cerulian City. Tom had no brothers or sisters. Tom's dad left when he was 5 and lives with his mother. Tom's mom yelled alot at stuff most people wouldn't yell about such as dropping a fork. Because Tom was the only one around when his mom flipped out she took it out on him. Tom couln't wait to leave home. Hwen Professor Pace's letter came he didn't think twice abotu his options. He packed and left home in the middle of the night.

Preferred Starter: Azuril

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Okay, on PC I have and currently am in
    Pokemon Adventures: Sinnoh Region (by Pikelover10)
    Pokemon: The New Generation (by X-BehindtheWynaut-X)
    The Epic Challenge: Hoenn Region (by Pika_Master14)
    Solaceon Pokemon Day-Care! (by Lucien Lachance)

I have been accepted into
    The Realm of Legends (by CFTx, which hasn't yet started, I believe)

And I have created my own roleplay
    Pokemon: Hybrid Chronicles

I have also roleplayed in
    .::M i r a g e::. A Literate Supernatural RP (by Sanitary Napkins)
    Poke'cademy and Poke'cademy (by Konaru Of The Roses Thorn and konan_yoshi999)
    Pokemon RP (Literate to Adv. Literate)
    Pokemon Tayu Region (by Ratio -Light- Yagami)
    Orre Region Pokemon RP::Cipher's Back! (by angel in denile)
    Eastgate Academy (by xXalbino_dinoXx)

just to name a few....
    By the way, the ones I just listed were on gaiaonline.com

And I have also roleplayed on arvandor.org, but dropped out after a few months.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Are the sign ups closed? I'm literally five minutes away from finishing my SU.

Character Name: Cato Cornelius

Birth Date: September 25th, 1992

Appearance: When you first look at Cato, words like 'geek' or 'nerd' enter your head, and with good reason too. Standing at a measly five feet, five inches, sporting a pale skin tone and with those scrawny arms and legs, you'd have to be blind to mistake him for intimidating. His eyes are a magnificent olive shade, but due to his bad eyesight, one would have to stare through his thick glasses to see them. That is, of course, if that person's attention is shifted toward his unkempt, curly black hair, or perhaps the various pieces of grass that are usually sticking out of it. Can't get worse than this, right? Wrong.

His normal attire consists of a long-sleeve, white shirt— or at least a shirt that used to be white. Due to his constant traveling, the shirt is now covered in many stains and small rips. Sometime after leaving for his journey, Cato purchased a hideous dark brown and green sweater vest, and seeing that there was no one with any type of fashion sense around, he began wearing it daily until it became part of his normal attire. Both vest and shirt are tucked into his khaki pants, which are held up by a maroon belt. All of his accessories, including his Pokeballs, are kept in the gray messenger's bag he carries at all times. Last, but certainly not least, are his brown construction boots.

Personality: Not having much of a social life, Cato spends most of his time alone. This has caused him to develop an anti-social personality, decreasing his chances even more at gaining friends. Aside from his anti-social problems, Cato can get quite cocky at times. He may not be the strongest or fastest, but his intelligence is vastly superior to that of his peers. He's quick to prove someone wrong or 'show off' his smarts in even the silliest of discussions. He takes almost everything seriously, even jokes or sarcasm. But what's worst of all is that he's EXTREMELY stubborn and when others try to inform him of his flaws, he tells them otherwise before they can even finish.

When it comes to Pokemon relations, Cato's personality changes in specific ways. What is usually noticed first is that he looks down on any Pokemon not belonging to him, believing that most (if not all) are not disciplined like his. He isn't one to catch wild Pokemon on the sight or allow injured Pokemon on the road to become part of his team. Instead, he searches for those that will only benefit his team.

History: Although born in Pallet Town, Cato's family soon moved to New Bark Town where he spent the majority of his childhood. It became clear early in his life that Cato was smarter than the average kid and because of this, skipped many grades in school. However, this seemingly god-given gift was more like a curse, as he never had chance to maintain any type of normal social life. By the age of fourteen, the only people he talked to on a regular basis were his family members and Professor Elm. He and the young professor developed a close friendship, and within a year, Cato found himself working as a part-time assistant. After seeing countless trainers leaving on journeys thanks to Elm providing them with the necessary equipment and a Pokemon, Cato finally decided he needed to explore the world outside of New Bark Town.

Although wishing to begin his journey in the Johto region, the Cornelius family made another unexpected move to Arkens region, mainly due to the increased activity of Team Rocket in Johto. Once again, Cato finds himself in an unfamiliar place with people he has no interest in meeting. However, he was determined to change one thing about his life, and that was him exploring the world beyond his home. Little did he know that he would form life long friendships with Pokemon and people alike on this journey.

Preferred Starter: Pichu

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back