• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
If I can't figure a way to name your second rival (the girl rival), I'm thinking of removing the option to name your first rival altogether (the boy rival). The reason why I decided to do this is to avoid people naming the boy "green", and then having the 2 characters named Green throughout the entire game.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Should I just leave the male rival naming option there or remove it if i couldn't figure out a way to name the female rival.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
If I can't figure a way to name your second rival (the girl rival), I'm thinking of removing the option to name your first rival altogether (the boy rival). The reason why I decided to do this is to avoid people naming the boy "green", and then having the 2 characters named Green throughout the entire game.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Should I just leave the male rival naming option there or remove it if i couldn't figure out a way to name the female rival.

Remove it if you can't figure out how to name Blue would be fine, I guess.
As a player, I don't really care about it, it's a minor detail, on my head it'll always work like in the Japanese Manga even if the In-Game Text says the opposite.

Years

Maybe some people don't like this idea but, you can put the name of the protagonist as Red (predetermined) and we caneed name the male rival with the ASM of the protagonist naming and name the female rival with the rival naming ASM (this way people who want to name rivals like the manga can do it that way and people who want to name rival like the American version can do it too, I think this is a better way to do it because I always name the character as Red :v) yout can also make a poll with this idea as an option, and put other three options:
1- leave the game as it is now (talking about the names of the characters names of course)
2- use the option I told you but leave rival's color text as it is (male rival's text in blue and female's in green)
3- use the option I told you but change the color text of the male rival to green and the female rival's text to blue.

Of course this is only my idea and you can use it or not, the final word is yours. Hope this helps you.
PD: sorry for my bad english.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 1, 2018
so on southern island theirs a couple blocking the way to the summit talking about a kid who i cant make move and for darkrai i beat carly on hamlin isle entered the cave got to where the pokemon you need clipped wings for is and went back to valencia island and talked to the guy in the pokecenter and the kid who sees your future of nightmares and than went back to hamlin and no darkrai am i missing somethin? any idea here?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
@Aethestode, just found a bug on Beta 12's Demo:
You can get the "Myth Book 1" and "Myth Book 4" through Pickup and they seemed to be Key Items.
If you actually try to choose the Myth Book 1, the game restarts out of nowhere.
Wasn't able to try Myth Book 4 because yeah, didn't even thought this could happen.

EDIT: Just got the Myth Book 4 again and the same thing also happens with it.
I recorded a little quick video to show it more correctly:
Spoiler:

I really shouldn't saved while Kangaskid had it grabbed.. whatever, I'll just release it, not a big deal.

EDIT2: If possible, please, don't delete the Pickup ability. It's the main reason I actually decided to start grinding levels in the Pokemon Games, you did fixed it when in Beta 10 or so we were able to get Mega Stones through it, so this should be fixable similarly, right? ;_; ..

EDIT3: Myth Book 2 is also obtainable in the same way, and just as the 1st and 4rd, it freezes and instantly resets the game if you try to choose it in your Bag.

EDIT4: Myth Book 5 runs through the same luck, obtainable with Pickup and freezes+restarts the game.

EDIT5: Just found another bug after giving her Gyarados to Misty.
In the Pokemon Center, after interacting with her and before triggering the calling to Professor Oak, if you run away to the CP's 2nd floor and then come back, Misty's position changes and the event feels weird with Misty not being in the position she should be which is in front of the phone. Since I suck at explaining myself, here's another little video showing it:
Spoiler:

EDIT6: Also, for some reason, I think that the Running Shoes were disabled at some point inside the Mt. Moon.
I'm trying to use them outside of it but it's no use.
Came back to Route 3 and Pewter but nothing, I still can't use them.
The key itself is working perfectly since I can return from any Menu normally.

EDIT7: I just can't stop reporting glitches or bugs even tho it's a Demo, sorry.
Spoiler:

EDIT8: Red just frozen up when I entered in Cerulean's Mart.
The game seemed to be running, but I wasn't able to actually move, nor access the Menu at all, only the emulator internal functions like the turbo or the screen capture were working.
I'm glad that I saved before beating Koga..

EDIT9: Just in case I tried again but it's no use, Red just freezes at the Mart entrance's red carpet.

EDIT10: Just found 2 more bugs:
-You can avoid the Slowpoke Barrier near Cerulean walking through the trees, no cheats used.
-Also, both Dojo Brothers actually teach Mega Punch, when one of them should teach Mega Kick instead.
Also, weird enough, at some point my Running Shoes came back..

EDIT11: I wasn't specting 2 special Butterfrees out of nowhere used by a random trainer, lol.
Spoiler:

EDIT12: Horsea's front sprite looks like 3rd Gen's to me, maybe it's just me.
Spoiler:

EDIT13: I didn't expected at all Hoenn's Wild Battle Music at the fight against a Voltorb on the S.S.Anne, that was cool <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2017
The thing is about EXp.Share is that it's hard to adjust the trainer pokemon difficulty level. This is especially hard in Beta 12 where the EXP.Share is a bonus item that you get in one of the bonus chapters.

1) I either adjust trainer pokemon's level based on using EXP.Share from the earliest point. However, this disadvantages people who chooses not to use EXP. Share, got EXP.Share later or never got EXP.Share
2) I either adjust the Trainer Pokemon's level based on players not using EXP.Share. However, this then makes the game way too easy for people who are using EXP.Share (Look at Pokemon X/Y)

I think just leave it to be honest. After reading up on the X/Y exp. share system, it sounds pretty OP and really hard to balance around. Plus, this means more work for you. I am awaiting the final version of the game before I play. I don't mind waiting ages but I feel this is an unnecessary tweak anyway and will just add more time onto the hack.

In regards to the naming, personally, I want to play the game completely true to the manga so I don't mind you removing the naming for every character! I will probably just end up playing with Red, Blue and Green anyway.

I love the hack and really enjoyed it when I played it last and look forward to playing it again!

(p.s. Red wins the bike race doesn't he? (I may be wrong) How do you win it in game? I tried so many times.)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Best Pokemon game , but I think it is unnecessary these Pokémon Fusion ( taking the official Pokémon ) ( Brasil-Google Tradutor) :P

Last edited:

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Best Pokemon game , but I think it is unnecessary these Pokémon Fusion ( taking the official Pokémon ) ( Brasil-Google Tradutor) :P

Lol. The pokemon fusion was there to literally add fusion pokemon that appeared in the anime and manga (e.g. Zapmolcuno , Dialga/Palkia, Mismagious/Rayquaza, Venutoise, W.T.F (joke), Black/White Kyurem and the original Black/White Dragon).

It was also added to reference several things from the manga/anime like "Shellder+Slowpoke" = Slowbro.

I also added Pokemon Fusion because I really wanted to use "cult" NPC again.

The other fusion were just added there to gives player more options.

You can get the "Myth Book 1" and "Myth Book 4" through Pickup and they seemed to be Key Items.
If you actually try to choose the Myth Book 1, the game restarts out of nowhere.
Wasn't able to try Myth Book 4 because yeah, didn't even thought this could happen.

EDIT: Just got the Myth Book 4 again and the same thing also happens with it.
I recorded a little quick video to show it more correctly:
Spoiler:

I really shouldn't saved while Kangaskid had it grabbed.. whatever, I'll just release it, not a big deal.

EDIT2: If possible, please, don't delete the Pickup ability. It's the main reason I actually decided to start grinding levels in the Pokemon Games, you did fixed it when in Beta 10 or so we were able to get Mega Stones through it, so this should be fixable similarly, right? ;_; ..

EDIT3: Myth Book 2 is also obtainable in the same way, and just as the 1st and 4rd, it freezes and instantly resets the game if you try to choose it in your Bag.

EDIT4: Myth Book 5 runs through the same luck, obtainable with Pickup and freezes+restarts the game.

EDIT5: Just found another bug after giving her Gyarados to Misty.
In the Pokemon Center, after interacting with her and before triggering the calling to Professor Oak, if you run away to the CP's 2nd floor and then come back, Misty's position changes and the event feels weird with Misty not being in the position she should be which is in front of the phone. Since I suck at explaining myself, here's another little video showing it:
Spoiler:

EDIT6: Also, for some reason, I think that the Running Shoes were disabled at some point inside the Mt. Moon.
I'm trying to use them outside of it but it's no use.
Came back to Route 3 and Pewter but nothing, I still can't use them.
The key itself is working perfectly since I can return from any Menu normally.

EDIT7: I just can't stop reporting glitches or bugs even tho it's a Demo, sorry.
Spoiler:

EDIT8: Red just frozen up when I entered in Cerulean's Mart.
The game seemed to be running, but I wasn't able to actually move, nor access the Menu at all, only the emulator internal functions like the turbo or the screen capture were working.
I'm glad that I saved before beating Koga..

EDIT9: Just in case I tried again but it's no use, Red just freezes at the Mart entrance's red carpet.

EDIT10: Just found 2 more bugs:
-You can avoid the Slowpoke Barrier near Cerulean walking through the trees, no cheats used.
-Also, both Dojo Brothers actually teach Mega Punch, when one of them should teach Mega Kick instead.
Also, weird enough, at some point my Running Shoes came back..

EDIT11: I wasn't specting 2 special Butterfrees out of nowhere used by a random trainer, lol.
Spoiler:

EDIT12: Horsea's front sprite looks like 3rd Gen's to me, maybe it's just me.
Spoiler:

EDIT13: I didn't expected at all Hoenn's Wild Battle Music at the fight against a Voltorb on the S.S.Anne, that was cool <3

Fixed Pickup table, misty in PC, Cerulean City Mart freezing, slowpoke barrier, Mt Moon signpost glitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
Hello! I'm new here
I dunno how to begin this post..
But anyway,i have some questions :
Where do i get the nanomi ticket and how do i finish the chapter with blue and carly?
and thats it,thanks in advance if anyone can reply

Years
Hello! I'm new here
I dunno how to begin this post..
But anyway,i have some questions :
Where do i get the nanomi ticket and how do i finish the chapter with blue and carly?
and thats it,thanks in advance if anyone can reply

Even if u get the nanomi ticket its no use....cause the nanomi region isn't there in beta 11e (it will b b in beta 12 though) and for the Carly and blue chapter u have to go to the Hamlin island..that's all u can do

I'm currently playing beta 12 demo version(1) and can anyone tell how to trigger pikas friend and ghost ship chapter?

Years
This may be asked before, but do i need to read the manga to play this hack?

Actually, no. This hack follows exactly the manga, while making some events longer. It combines the story of manga with the thrill of the fights and pokemon to bring the fusion in the palm of your hands.

Last edited:
Years
Also that means when blue runs away the chapter ends?

No..even if blue runs don't follow him...instead go to the north( I mean up) after 1 or 2 rooms Carly and blue will b there..and then u fight Carly to daeth

What! U mean...to complete a side quest ancient relic we have to have a Pokemon with pickup ability ?? I have meowth with pickup BT I couldn't get a single myth book..pls help me how u do it

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
(p.s. Red wins the bike race doesn't he? (I may be wrong) How do you win it in game? I tried so many times.)

If you memorize the path you need to run through, you can win it.
Iirc, the prize was a mere Sun Stone tho, so it's not a big deal.

What! U mean...to complete a side quest ancient relic we have to have a Pokemon with pickup ability ?? I have meowth with pickup BT I couldn't get a single myth book..pls help me how u do it

No. That only applies to Beta 12's Demo and Aethestode said that he already fixed it, so relax.
You're hardly ever going to need Pickup to get any Key Item in any Pokemon Hack.
I guess not everyone likes it as an ability.

EDIT: @Aethestode, could it be that playing Green's Chapter in Lavender actually removes the Bicycle from your item bag?
I just finished it, decided to go back and save at Vermilion since I remembered that the Demo's Finale was the Pokemon Tower Chapter, and now that I see my Key Items, the Bicycle isn't there :/ ...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Repost
'I had just received the Spike Badge, and I have no clue where to go to from there. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I went back to Route 9 via the ferry but was confused as to where to go from there. Thanks'

By the way, I love the game. Keep up the good work
:bed:

Darkrailord49

Dark Type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
I want to play this game because I am a huge fan of the manga, but how will I be able to "transfer" my save file from beta 11 to beta 12, that is my biggest concern because this game is huge and I wouldn't enjoy having to play it again every new beta that comes out

Years
@Aethestode Not much of a glitch or anything important. Just wanted to contribute. The woman in the Dunphy residence in the western part of Pewter City.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-01-00-32-47.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-01-00-32-47.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 15

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I want to play this game because I am a huge fan of the manga, but how will I be able to "transfer" my save file from beta 11 to beta 12, that is my biggest concern because this game is huge and I wouldn't enjoy having to play it again every new beta that comes out

You WON'T transfer your Beta 11 Save to Beta 12 because they're uncompatible.
For Beta 12, Aethestode had to remake esentially all the maps and a lot of events more than clearly after all.

Back