• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2021
    Dear Lunos
    I download beta 15 and patching but cant play, so i try to download beta 14 and it worked. why i cant play beta 15 :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    How complete is this hack? Is it completed, close to ending, or halfway through?

Also, if there's anyone who's playing this hack on My Boy, is it stable to play?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023
    Curious when do you find lucky egg. There was one post back on page 302 says route 12 and its not there. I have beaten the indigo league already.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Dear Lunos
    I download beta 15 and patching but cant play, so i try to download beta 14 and it worked. why i cant play beta 15 :(
    You must be doing the patching process wrong, or you're not applying the Beta 15.4's patch over a v1.0 ROM of Pokémon Fire Red. v1.1 or Rev1 ROMs are no good.
    It's hard to say anything else without knowing more details.
    How complete is this hack? Is it completed, close to ending, or halfway through?
    Considering all the content planned, the development isn't even halfway through yet.
    Right now, it only has 2 regions out of the planned 9 or 10.
    Curious when do you find lucky egg. There was one post back on page 302 says route 12 and its not there. I have beaten the indigo league already.
    That post was written around 4 and a half years ago and it's only valid for the Beta 11.
    To get one in the Beta 15 you can catch wild Chansey at the Safari Zone just like in vanilla Fire Red, or you can complete the bonus chapter "The Secret of Joy".
    If you need it, there's a playthrough of it in the YT Playlist linked at the Side Chapter Starting Point Guide on the main post.
    What does the glitch cleaner do?
    Right now, it resets a certain variable's value to 0 to allow players to fix a bug where they're stuck as Blue after one of her bonus chapters, a bug that happened on the Beta 15.3.
    Because of that, its effect only affects the people resuming a savefile from the Beta 15.3 on the Beta 15.4, really.

ON:
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2020
    As i read on one off the replies to a comment i lost on the navel gym and when i came back he wasnt there i just have 1 savestate and i saved just after he bested me, what should i do

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    This is my first post so hopefully the images properly loaded. I made a map of Kanto and Orange Island as accurately as I could. It has the routes and important cities/islands but hopefully nothing too spoilery so anyone can use it.

https: //imgur.com/ln7tKIK
    https: //imgur.com/nOejqtQ
    (i can't post links until my 5th post so this is the best i can do for now i think lol. just remove the space)

I felt obligated to post it since this incredible game has basically ruined all other ROM hacks for me lol. I have a ton of thoughts on it and hopefully some of the feedback makes it way back to the creator(s).

First i want to address my own biases/preferences. I like an immersive experience and having a large and explorable world is a must. I like to take my time and find everything if possible. I obtained every Kanto pokemon and will eventually do the same for Orange Islands.
    Also the emulator I used was OpenEmu for Mac. I will report the bugs i found just to be comprehensive but I do understand they could be caused by the emulator.
    Once again, ill try to be concise. Ill possibly make more posts elaborating and have this one by a tldr version.

Things that significantly improved my experience

-Chapter Progression - helps orientate the player and gives a better sense of progression and direction. Never really liked how in other games, beating the gym leader was the only sense of progression.

-Character portraits - i can't play any pokemon games without this now lol. Seeing characters with facial expressions instead of just a chat box is a simple addition but makes each character feel 1000% more alive and unique

-World size - i like to explore so this was a selling point when i first heard about it. Kanto never felt larger to me.

-Story Tone - i enjoyed the darker tone. it isn't just dark but it oozes of personality and wit imo. I will say that the tone is sometimes inconsistent especially with the more grim side stories. I wouldn't care how morbid some of them are if only it was consistent with the main story.

-Side Quests - some people don't care for these but i genuinely enjoyed them. having stuff besides the main story is essential imo for making the world feel like it exists outside the main characters. I will say that I wish they had better rewards/incentives for completing them. I rather obtain valuable TM's like Earthquake or Sludge Bomb or valuable pokemons/areas via a long side quest than just picking them up. I think the Mudkip side story is the perfect side story in that sense since it's story is compelling and it gives access to Swampert as a reward.

-No Fly - some people complain about this but i always hated Fly as a mechanic. It trivializes the world instantly and severely limits what developers can do in terms of story and map layout. I like traveling and the Abra teleport system is a much better compromise than having Fly.

-Fakemons - again some people hate these but I enjoyed seeing new pokemon and have to figure out their typing and moves on the go. Not all were perfect but its a positive addition overall to my experience. Pidgeot G is one of my favorite along with variants of the Kanto pokemon.

-There is much much more but these were the ones that I remember

Critiques - mostly just with combat within the context of the story. not for competitive battling or anything.

Type Balancing
    1. i loved how it was changed and i agree with the philosophy of the changes such as the fairy/flying nerf and ice/grass buff. I really liked the new balancing of Flying, Fairy, Ice, and Steel. But some of the changes come at the expense of other types that didn't need changes.
    2. Fighting is much weaker now since ice is a common attacking type in the story. This change makes using a fighting type alot less desirable which is a shame since there are SO many fighting types in the story.
    3. Ghost being buffed to hit Dark for SE is also really powerful. Especially since we have access to really powerful ghost pokemons. It makes Ghost as an attacking type a bit too strong with no resistances and only an immunity to normal. I will admit though it is slightly offset by shadow ball being relatively weak in BP.
    4. Dark also feels like bad Ghost since its similar offensively but much weaker defensively.
    5. Dragon also being immune to psychic is also odd since dragon is a solid typing already. But it doesn't matter too much since both are relatively uncommon in the story.

TM's - They were given away at a good pace in Kanto but are given way too liberally in Orange Island. Im going to assume thats because the creator intends to place them somewhere else in future updates but even then I really wish they were gifted in side stories or the main story instead of as items that can be picked up.

Freeze buff - im fairly certain the freeze chance was increased as an attempt to buff ice types. In addition the move Crystal dust was added as a 100% freeze inducer. I understand the philosophy but the execution just makes being frozen frustrating and getting freezes feel like cheating. Freeze/Sleep in general is an incredibly degenerate mechanic and just leads to stalling and accuracy fights.

Wonderguard - the ability is given to a couple new pokemon and its really degenerate. It often leads to struggle fights and trivializes fights when you use it yourself. I strongly feel like it should be removed since it doesn't add anything positive to the experience.

Petal Storm - venasaur learns this early so this move will always affect the experience. its way overtuned since it hits for 40 and up to 5x leading to a potential 200 bp stab move. I think having it at 30 would make for a strong but not overbearing move.

Bugs/Problems - mostly related to battle engine. I do understand that alot of it is outside the creator's control so i understand if they can't be fixed. Im guessing switching to another battle engine like Skeli's isn't possible.

Abilities that don't work - Technician and Multiscale don't work at all. (95% sure) Magic guard mostly works but you will still take poison damage outside of battle. I will say some animations look fantastic like Play Rough.

Items that don't work - Life Orb and Black sludge don't work. Although i think this is known already. Leftovers also heal in a weird fashion. Seems to heal 2x every other turn or something.

CPU stupidity - Specific examples including the following
    1. They always prioritize going for super effective attacks first which is good. BUT the problem is that they always prioritize going for 2x boost moves over normal attacks. This makes it so enemy pokemon with moves like Sword dance or DD keep spamming it unless they have a SE move.
    2. CPU will spam detect if it has no super effective moves.
    3. Magic Guard makes the CPU continuously spam their status/boosting move.

Pokemon w/ wrong moves
    1. Gordie's Lunatone in Orange Island League (Pumello Island)
    2. Sohan's Garchomp in Pumello island. There was also a salamence with sing which doesn't seem correct.

Move Animations - moonblast has the exact same one as moonlight. I only mention this because i would be okay with this IF it didn't have the healing animation at the end. Also it has WAY too much pp which makes me feel like im cheating using it.

Trivial Things
    1. Fishing in the South of Mandarin Island gives you lvl 1 unknown pokemon frequently
    2. Returning to the blimp when looking for Professor Ivy at the start causes you to get stuck forever in Kanto. I had to use a warp code to fix this.
    3. Doing the Yuzu Island side quest (the bomb one) lets you walk on water after you finish it. Getting a battle on water leaves you stuck forever.

Guide Mistakes
    1. No scald TM in silph co? I really tried to hunt for it and im somewhat certain its not there anymore.
    2. Guide says there is Lapras in Orange Island when its actually Orangean Lapras.

I think thats about it. Once again I would like to thank Aethestode (and his contributors) for the incredible game and thank you Lunos in particularly for responding to basically everything on the thread lol. I can imagine it gets frustrating and I am amazed that you can put up with all the unreasonable and entitled requests with such patience and consistency.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I have one question how can i get the next fakemons Gorochu, Lickylick, Turban and Tangelor
    Gorochu: Equip a Dream Orb to a Raichu and level it up.
    Liclylick: Level up a Lickitung while knowing the moves Psychic, Psycho Cut or Psybeam.
    Turban: Level up a Shellder while holding a Skull or while holding a King's Rock during night time.
    Tangelor: Level up a Tangela while knowing Solarbeam or Energy Ball.

These bits of information were taken from the Discord server. If any of them don't work, please reply back so I can take the report there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2021
    Thank you bt how i get a dream orb

I konow that this but hoy do you obtain glissey

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2021
    You mean Blissey? You can get one by evolving a Chansey with a high enough friendship and then raising it a level, just like in vanilla Fire Red.

No in the game theres a fakemon named glissey that i think is other evolution form of chansey and by the way how do yo obtain a dream orb

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    No in the game theres a fakemon named glissey that i think is other evolution form of chansey and by the way how do yo obtain a dream orb
    The Dream Orb can be found in an Item Ball somewhere in the Orange Islands.
    I don't remember where it's located exactly, but there's just 1 of it as far as I know.

As for Glissey, I checked my savefile and I think you meant "Gleesy".
    Gleesy will be obtainable by completing a bonus chapter in the upcoming expansion of the Beta 15.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    ??? ... That's not really how English works.
    Anyway, Mirage Mew is not obtainable. It'll be obtainable in the upcoming expansion of the Beta 15.

does that mean the next expansion of the beta 15 already done ? and when will beta 16 released

Back