• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Can anyone tell me, preferably without spoilers, if there are any clock-based events in this game?
    Yes, there are.
    Additionally, the mGBA rtc patch is for an outdated Beta version, so I can't try that.
    Yes, you can.
    The patch doesn't modify anything but a few bytes related to the RTC used in this hack. It works just fine in the Beta 14 and 15, and it should not be breaking anything.
    If it only worked in a specific version, I would have clarified it in the main post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2020
    Hey all, I just got 6 voltorb together but the guy in silph co won't let me make a voltorb gun. Is there something I'm missing on how to obtain one? And if it's not available, how many pokemon are currently unobtainable in beta 15?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2020
    Yes, you can.
    The patch doesn't modify anything but a few bytes related to the RTC used in this hack. It works just fine in the Beta 14 and 15, and it should not be breaking anything.
    If it only worked in a specific version, I would have clarified it in the main post.

I tried patching it onto the adventure red rom, but it says patch failed, and this patch isn't intended for this rom. What am I doing wrong?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I tried patching it onto the adventure red rom, but it says patch failed, and this patch isn't intended for this rom. What am I doing wrong?
    You probably forgot to check "Ignore" where it says "If file is invalid" before applying the patch, as the guide on how to patch linked at the main post says.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2020
    You probably forgot to check "Ignore" where it says "If file is invalid" before applying the patch, as the guide on how to patch linked at the main post says.

I'm on a Mac, so I have to use MultiPatch to patch ROMS, and MultiPatch doesn't have an option to ignore like NUPS. If I go to Multipatch > preferences there's an option to ignore checksum or whatever, but that's only for xdelta for whatever reason. I checked that but the patch still failed...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I'm on a Mac, so I have to use MultiPatch to patch ROMS, and MultiPatch doesn't have an option to ignore like NUPS. If I go to Multipatch > preferences there's an option to ignore checksum or whatever, but that's only for xdelta for whatever reason. I checked that but the patch still failed...
    Try ROM Patcher JS instead. It's a web-based patcher meaning that it will work even if you're on a Mac, and I already checked that it 100% works.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2020
    Try ROM Patcher JS instead. It's a web-based patcher meaning that it will work even if you're on a Mac, and I already checked that it 100% works.

Woah! This worked perfectly, you sir are the real MVP. Thanks!

One last little question, can this rtc patch be used with other roms, considering it just changes a few bytes with the hardware?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    One last little question, can this rtc patch be used with other roms, considering it just changes a few bytes with the hardware?
    Unless the hack in question uses the exact same RTC implementation that this hack does, I don't think you can.
    You're free to give it a try and see how that goes though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    I just want to say thanks for this amazing game. The ending was very intense and emotional, I almost cried lol

really really thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Can this game be completed without any trouble? Because it seems there's a lot of bugs and that I'm afraid I would encounter a game ending bug. ☹️

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hi everyone. New account but familiar with the community. Dunno if this has been asked before but I'm currently using Delta Emulator from Altstore for my iOS device. I've patched the ups file to a clean Fire Red Squirel 1.0 rom using NUPS Patcher but it failed to open and it crashes the emulator. Any idea why this happen? Thank you in advance.

Cheers from the Philippines 🇵🇭

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Can this game be completed without any trouble? Because it seems there's a lot of bugs and that I'm afraid I would encounter a game ending bug. ☹️
    If you start a clean savefile in the latest version (Beta 15.4) and stick to the recommended emulator (read the FAQ), you should be fine.
    I've patched the ups file to a clean Fire Red Squirel 1.0 rom using NUPS Patcher but it failed to open and it crashes the emulator. Any idea why this happen?
    Never used that patcher so I don't have much to say. If there's an option that looks akin to "Bypass Checksum Validation" or "Ignore if file is invalid", check it.

My personal suggestion is to just use ROM Patcher JS though. It's a web-based patcher, meaning that it works exactly the same no matter which platform you try it on.
    It's also super straightforward and it works perfectly with various ROM Hacks, including Red Chapter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hi again. I've tried ROM Patcher JS but still not working. Guess it's the emulator's problem not the game itself. Thank you though, will try again some other time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Is it possible to change the clock here? My situation involves forcing the clock to be midnight so I can do an event.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2020
    Freeze when red click ash real body coma chapter at valencia pokemon center
    😁
    When is the next update ? :)

Back