• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Articful

Shiny Umbreon
Years
  • This is a great hack, it has a very cool Orange Islands Map. That very few hacks, have and it is great. I understand Fairy Types, are cool. My question is how do you avoid glitch types, since im not a fan of glitches. I do not want to run into any of them, or any pokemon of this type. It still gives me nightmares in Cinnabar Island. I have been scared of glitches, since Pokemon Blue. I am also afraid of Shadow Types, unless its like XD Gale of Darkness it could be cool. I wonder how does one make new types, and pokemon from other generations that arent in the rom. Not for me to make, just to know if they feel real, with the sprites and all. Since they were added in pokemon later generations. Im just afraid of the new types primarily the glitch type which scares me. What pokemon are the shadow types, is it redundant since there is already Dark, and Ghost. I have not played the hack yet, but is there a Orange League Finale, like the one where you face Dragonite, and become Champion. Overall it seems cool, but concerned on the new types. I do like Fairy Types at least.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2018
    Hey Aethestode,
    Before beta 10 wanna say thanks for all your work in this hack, I start playing since beta 3 and I must say you are one of the best hackers in the world. :)
    And also, this is my favourite hack of all time, you made a great work thanks for all. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    It won't really affect the storyline much, but there will be several stuffs that only occurs with them in your team.
    E.g.
    - If you have Poli in your team when fighting Lt. Surge, you'll get to play a bonus underwater chapter.
    - They also won't appear in cutscenes if you don't have them in your team.

The only one important to the storyline is Venusaur.

Thank you for your answer.
    Few more that I hope you can help me with..
    1. When beta10 comes out, we'll need to play from the begining or can we just match the ".sav" name to the ".gba"?
    2. Is beta10 the last one or after that the game will keep on developing?
    3. Does the day-care and breeding system works fine?

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2020
    1. When beta10 comes out, we'll need to play from the begining or can we just match the ".sav" name to the ".gba"?

1. No, he said so a few times already :p but we'll all need to start over
    2. I assume he'll only patch some fixes and that those are the beta 10 version and then the final version. I'm not sure how long afterwards, but he said it a few pages back
    3. Sorry can't help with that :/ I thought breeding didn't work but I'm not sure

Articful

Shiny Umbreon
    Years
  • I think the new types are cool, especially Fairy Types since they are official cannon with X and Y. Yet Glitch types, and Shadow Types (unless if its only Shadow Lugia, in which Shadow Lugia XD001 is Cool, and Canon, Then its Alright) seem redundant and unnecessary, hopefully there are not too many of those. Hopefully with the 18 official types, is good. Not a fan of the bird type (extremely scary), or glitch type, or ??? type, or the shadow types unless its XD001, or at least in a similar way that Pokemon Colosseum, or Pokemon XD does it then its cool. I hope, there are not too many weird types, in this game. Other then my concerns for some of the non canon types, this is an excellent game it seems. And it is great, that it is almost done, awesome job.

Last edited:

ijc

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    hey Aethestode! can i test out the final beta? ive been playing this nonstop and it's been dope

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    *Raises arm* I am going to beta test it. Why would i miss a chance like this?

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023

1) No, you'll need to start again. The Final Beta changes a lot of stuffs, and uses a lot of different flags and items, etc.
    2) Beta 10 would definitely be the last one ;)
    3) No, but I'm working on it.

Ttar0914

Years
  • For all those who want to beta test the final Beta: Can't you just wait another month? I'm pretty sure, that Aethestode stated several times, that he's looking for Beta testers from JULY 24th on. So please be patient and wait another month with your applications as beta testers.

Reactions: Raj

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    This is a great hack, it has a very cool Orange Islands Map. That very few hacks, have and it is great. I understand Fairy Types, are cool. My question is how do you avoid glitch types, since im not a fan of glitches. I do not want to run into any of them, or any pokemon of this type. It still gives me nightmares in Cinnabar Island. I have been scared of glitches, since Pokemon Blue. I am also afraid of Shadow Types, unless its like XD Gale of Darkness it could be cool. I wonder how does one make new types, and pokemon from other generations that arent in the rom. Not for me to make, just to know if they feel real, with the sprites and all. Since they were added in pokemon later generations. Im just afraid of the new types primarily the glitch type which scares me. What pokemon are the shadow types, is it redundant since there is already Dark, and Ghost. I have not played the hack yet, but is there a Orange League Finale, like the one where you face Dragonite, and become Champion. Overall it seems cool, but concerned on the new types. I do like Fairy Types at least.

Well. Shadow Pokemon will be Swampert X, Zapmolcunos (Or Thi-Fu-Zer Like in the manga), and Shadow Lugia. That's all Shadow Pokemon i have in mind. Glitch Pokemon aren't scary here. They won't cause you glitches. In fact Porygon and its evolution and Zapmocunos are glitch type. Shadow types are pokemon who lurk on the shadows or are pokemon whose power is unknown. Zapmolcunos will not be shadow (I think) on the next beta but these 3 new types are to make the game slightly hard. Do not be afraid of Shadow and Glitch type. These are just types not ways to creep you out. And probably there won't be Bird Types or ??? Types. No need to avoid them, and if you want to avoid these types, how will you do it? Will you avoid Zapmolcunos? Will you avoid Porygon? Will you avoid Swampert X? And if it's because of MissingNo., Then i think it won't be added. Now don't be afraid of playing the game. It's Just a game, not a Glitched Up Pokemon Blue and Red (I have a friend whose passed the same and then forgot about that.). Have fun!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    How do i play this on andriod?
    you patch this onto a firered 1.0 ROM (like it states in the ROM description) on your computer. transfer the file from your computer to your phone. download an app that can play GBA ROMs on your phone, like MyBoy, and then download the GBA BIOS file on your android. Open up MyBoy and find the patched ROM file in your phone and open that bad boy up. enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    I want to ask something...

Sould I evolve my Pikatsu into Raitsu with thunder stone? If yes in what level?
    Also, sould I evolve my Ivysaur with leaf stone? Because in one poke-center one man said that it may not evolve by itself.
    And, sould I evolve my Eevee? If yes, with what stone? In the mange RED evolved his Eevee?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015

Also, sould I evolve my Ivysaur with leaf stone? Because in one poke-center one man said that it may not evolve by itself.
    And, sould I evolve my Eevee? If yes, with what stone? In the mange RED evolved his Eevee?

Thanks in advance.

1, nope. i dont think pikachu can evolve in this hack or i just never try lol. btw pikachu plus lightball is awesome in this hack.
    2. Ivysaur evolve to venusaur with primal root and that item will eventualy given to you in the storyline.
    3. i dont really know about the manga but flareon would be a good choice. that red fluffy cat is awesome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just finished the beta 9.1 and i must say this is by far the best hack i've ever played.
    what makes this hack really amusing and entertaining is lots number of dialogue from character to character that dont exist in pokemon games and maybe in other hack. the manga adaptation is superb maybe thats what makes this hack so awesome. the story is so exciting and amusing with dark humor and a little gore content. the interaction between red blue and green reaaaally good. i never read the manga, maybe i should give it a try some other time or you know to wait the beta.

so to sum it up you really are the man aethestode. this hack really should be the best HOTY.
    anyway i'll wait your next awesome beta. no need to rush thing, good job !!

Reactions: Raj
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2020

Thanks in advance.

1, nope. i dont think pikachu can evolve in this hack or i just never try lol. btw pikachu plus lightball is awesome in this hack.
    2. Ivysaur evolve to venusaur with primal root and that item will eventualy given to you in the storyline.
    3. i dont really know about the manga but flareon would be a good choice. that red fluffy cat is awesome.

1 & 2 are correct but for nr. 3: Eevee can devolve anytime and re-evolve to any of it's eeveelutions (except Sylveon) if you have a moonstone and the correct stone. Aethestode added it because in the manga Red finds an eevee that can change to Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon and back

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024

1. ok, I won't try to evolve pikatsu, btw, he is powerfull and in this form, currently my pikatsu is level 39 with thunder, iron tail, volt tackle and thunderbolt and he always wins.
    2. ok, I hope the primal root isn't far from where I am in the storyline, blue and green had already evolved their pokemon (charmander and squitle) in the final form and me not yet, my ivysaur is level 31 with cut, razol leaf, solarbeam, hidden power and he isn't very powerfull.
    3. thanks for the advice.

1 & 2 are correct but for nr. 3: Eevee can devolve anytime and re-evolve to any of it's eeveelutions (except Sylveon) if you have a moonstone and the correct stone. Aethestode added it because in the manga Red finds an eevee that can change to Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon and back

thanks for telling me Eevee can devolve anytime.I have 3 moonstones in the items and 1 MOON STONE in the Key Items.

I trield to evolve my eevee with solar ribbon and it didn't evolve ( The same think had happened when I tried to evolve Onix to Steelix but it didn't evolve. ), but when I tried fire stone to Eevee it evolved. Why?
    I had made save before I tried the stones so now it still being Eevee.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1. ok, I won't try to evolve pikatsu, btw, he is powerfull and in this form, currently my pikatsu is level 39 with thunder, mega punch, volt tackle and thunderbolt and he always wins.
    2. ok, I hope the primal root isn't far from where I am in the storyline, blue and green had already evolved their pokemon (charmander and squitle) in the final form and me not yet, my ivysaur is level 31 with cut, razol leaf, solarbeam, poisonpowder and he isn't very powerfull.

thanks for telling me Eevee can devolve anytime.I have 3 moonstones in the items and 1 MOON STONE in the Key Items.

I trield to evolve my eevee with solar ribbon and it didn't evolve ( The same think had happened when I tried to evolve Onix to Steelix but it didn't evolve. ), but when I tried fire stone to Eevee it evolved. Why?

Hey, First of all you Greek? :p
    Ivysaur evolves at the event of saffron city and team rocket in silph co building.
    Actually i wanted to ask too why onix can't evolve

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    1. ok, I won't try to evolve pikatsu, btw, he is powerfull and in this form, currently my pikatsu is level 39 with thunder, mega punch, volt tackle and thunderbolt and he always wins.
    2. ok, I hope the primal root isn't far from where I am in the storyline, blue and green had already evolved their pokemon (charmander and squitle) in the final form and me not yet, my ivysaur is level 31 with cut, razol leaf, solarbeam, poisonpowder and he isn't very powerfull.

Hey, First of all you Greek? :p
    Ivysaur evolves at the event of saffron city and team rocket in silph co building.
    Actually i wanted to ask too why onix can't evolve

the thing about bulb is that leech seed and poison is your main move. bulb dont hit hard.
    for the evolution just wait till your pokedex get upgraded to the national one. then you can evolve them, patience is of the essence my friend.

Back