• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    Well today was depressing. Many of you probably don't know this, but I occasionally watch video uploads of my hack's play-through. I don't do it because I'm that self-absorbed, I do it so I can see people's opinions, and also to see them pointing out the problems/mistakes in the game (e.g. grammar, the part they don't like, etc). That way, I can fix the problems in my future updates. In most videos, it's fine. People pointing out the mistake, I'll go and fix it. But today, I've watched several videos from one uploader, and it was pretty upsetting. It took me by surprise because I've been following his videos in the past, and it's not really his fault, I guess.

Anyway, so basically the video was complaining about the grammar. Okay, I'm okay with that. I just went back to the hack, and start fixing the grammar and punctuation there. Then I decided to read the comments. I don't know, I guess I was kinda prepared for it, but no matter how prepared I am, the comments really made me angry at first, then it made sad. Then it made me cry as I read on. The comments are filled with insults at my grammar and punctuation.

e.g.
    * This creator is ****ing stupid.
    * Someone should ship his ass back to China.
    * If the creator took a dip in a lake, he'll turn it into an ocean.
    * Aethestode's friend probs killed himself (herself btw) because he couldn't handle his Engrish anymore.
    * Is Aethestode's parents mentally retarded? (parents died when I was 5 and was raised by my aunt, so I wouldn't know)

Okay, I admit it. I'm not good with English. However, I've never said I was good at it. I never denied that my English sucks either. In fact, I've always acknowledged it. That's why when people points out my grammar/spelling mistakes, I'll go and fix them. However, calling me stupid/retarded or saying stuffs like "shipping me back to China" or poking fun at my dead friend is really over the line (Note: To the person who called me stupid. Least I'm smart enough to make a hack, graduate from university, get a job as an engineer and have a house. Using nothing but my own money). Then seeing people replying to that comment, agreeing and laughing hurts a lot more. Another thing is, it's a lot easier to read other people's text and point out grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes. It's a lot harder to proofread your own work because your mind subconsciously skips the errors. Therefore, when you see spelling mistakes and stuff, that doesn't mean I didn't proof read my work.

Then there's people in the comment section who is painting me like I'm some sort of demon who lashes out at people when they suggest something. However, that's not true. I may lash out at people when they suggest something while acting entitled, but I've always taken people suggestion in consideration. For example, I've took the judge's opinion by fixing up the game's graphic and stuffs. When people point out grammar mistakes in my screenshots, I go and fix it. When people ask for certain megas (e.g. Machamp, Johto starters, etc), I go and add them.

I don't know, I guess it's just depressing that you try so hard to do something... You used two years of your life, working on a project (not getting paid at all), risk damaging your health, etc, trying to make people happy, only to have them painting you as a bad person who only cares about himself. It's just really depressing. People who were with me from the beginning would know that in these two years that there's been a lot of problems in my life, but I've simply brushed through them trying to complete the hack. E.g.

* Friend dying
    * juggling 3 jobs and university
    * Trying to pay the mortgage
    * Broken arm.
    * Breaking up with my partner.
    * Getting pneumonia and actually got admitted to the hospital.
    * Dog nearly dying from two collapsed Larynges.

Anyway, yeah. Just want to express my feelings.

They just envy you because you have skills and dedications. You have shown passion in your hack. some people will only do things to destroy others for no reason at all. Don't mind these people. They are just a waste of time.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2018
    How can I wake up the boy in Valencia island for the darkrai event? I already caught Cresselia but nothing happened

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2018
    hey bro dont listen to those stupid people, cuz most probably they are the ones that are retarded to not appreciate what an amazing hack this is and the amount of time you spend on it giving your life sweat and tears, only to let people hv a great hack to play, so what you have some punctual or grammar mistakes i dont remember this being an English exam, and hey and just the fact you read each comment from anywhere just to improve your hack is just simply amazing, dont listen to ignorant people bro, they are just jealous cuz they dont have the potential of doing 1 percent of your work , and they are just losers trying to get attention so their fu** up life could hv a meaning, and am sorry they talked about your dead friend and parents , i hope they rest in peace, and hope that peace comes to your mind ,and dont listen to all the bullshit those guys say, they are just inferior low life that thinks this would make they cool, infact it those shows us how ignorant this world have become and how stupid , anyway bro just keep doing your best and just ignore those ignorant people who most probably failed 4th grade ten times , hope you the best and if you need anyone to talk am here for you bro

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    i love this hack man, it kept me playing for a couple hours. much love. I'm stuck at key lime island i believe and can't find the sea weed or whatever its called to heal the shelter blocking the road

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    i love this hack man, it kept me playing for a couple hours. much love. I'm stuck at key lime island i believe and can't find the sea weed or whatever its called to heal the shelter blocking the road.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Well today was depressing. Many of you probably don't know this, but I occasionally watch video uploads of my hack's play-through. I don't do it because I'm that self-absorbed, I do it so I can see people's opinions, and also to see them pointing out the problems/mistakes in the game (e.g. grammar, the part they don't like, etc). That way, I can fix the problems in my future updates. In most videos, it's fine. People pointing out the mistake, I'll go and fix it. But today, I've watched several videos from one uploader, and it was pretty upsetting. It took me by surprise because I've been following his videos in the past, and it's not really his fault, I guess.

Anyway, so basically the video was complaining about the grammar. Okay, I'm okay with that. I just went back to the hack, and start fixing the grammar and punctuation there. Then I decided to read the comments. I don't know, I guess I was kinda prepared for it, but no matter how prepared I am, the comments really made me angry at first, then it made sad. Then it made me cry as I read on. The comments are filled with insults at my grammar and punctuation.

e.g.
    * This creator is ****ing stupid.
    * Someone should ship his ass back to China.
    * If the creator took a dip in a lake, he'll turn it into an ocean.
    * Aethestode's friend probs killed himself (herself btw) because he couldn't handle his Engrish anymore.
    * Is Aethestode's parents mentally retarded? (parents died when I was 5 and was raised by my aunt, so I wouldn't know)

Okay, I admit it. I'm not good with English. However, I've never said I was good at it. I never denied that my English sucks either. In fact, I've always acknowledged it. That's why when people points out my grammar/spelling mistakes, I'll go and fix them. However, calling me stupid/retarded or saying stuffs like "shipping me back to China" or poking fun at my dead friend is really over the line (Note: To the person who called me stupid. Least I'm smart enough to make a hack, graduate from university, get a job as an engineer and have a house. Using nothing but my own money). Then seeing people replying to that comment, agreeing and laughing hurts a lot more. Another thing is, it's a lot easier to read other people's text and point out grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes. It's a lot harder to proofread your own work because your mind subconsciously skips the errors. Therefore, when you see spelling mistakes and stuff, that doesn't mean I didn't proof read my work.

Then there's people in the comment section who is painting me like I'm some sort of demon who lashes out at people when they suggest something. However, that's not true. I may lash out at people when they suggest something while acting entitled, but I've always taken people suggestion in consideration. For example, I've took the judge's opinion by fixing up the game's graphic and stuffs. When people point out grammar mistakes in my screenshots, I go and fix it. When people ask for certain megas (e.g. Machamp, Johto starters, etc), I go and add them.

I don't know, I guess it's just depressing that you try so hard to do something... You used two years of your life, working on a project (not getting paid at all), risk damaging your health, etc, trying to make people happy, only to have them painting you as a bad person who only cares about himself. It's just really depressing. People who were with me from the beginning would know that in these two years that there's been a lot of problems in my life, but I've simply brushed through them trying to complete the hack. E.g.

* Friend dying
    * juggling 3 jobs and university
    * Trying to pay the mortgage
    * Broken arm.
    * Breaking up with my partner.
    * Getting pneumonia and actually got admitted to the hospital.
    * Dog nearly dying from two collapsed Larynges.

Anyway, yeah. Just want to express my feelings.

Remind them that half of them fail to play videogames for a living because they couldn't do anything else with their life. Fucking videogames. Aethestode, you've made something of yourself. Throughout all of the struggles listed above, you've finished university with a degree in engineering with three jobs and making a hack. I've follow this project since Beta 3, and I'll be damned if you quit three years of work to some sissies on YouTube of all places. Keep going on strong, Aethestode.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Dear Aethestode,
    Wishing You a very happy birthday.
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Many Many happy returns of the day.
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Fac

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2016
    i dunno why but do you have some a bad relationship with nerd or geek? it's hurt to see when the main character bad mouthing them or make them look bad

Back