• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

xiechayghe

Jacks
Years
  • Excuse me! I played the Eevee chap but was wrong, after fixing how can I play back that chap? If I don't play again, I can't battle Gym!

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    No jigly mic icon
    Screenshot_20171226-073922.png

This is bug in beta 13 + glitch fix

Because you play cheat? You won't have Pokeball at that point.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I'm so happy to see that we have the Beta13 Part 1 of this game now, but I guess I need to be more patient to wait for the part 2 of the Beta13.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    This game is just so freaking good! Congratulations to Aethestode for his hard work!
    It's definitely one of the best Rom hacks that I have ever played!

Venomsplatter

Aethestode big fan!😎
    Years
  • ==Glitch Fix==
    Yellow sprite in Viridian City - Fixed
    Trainer Sprite glitching up when you change costume - Unfortunately... That's the issue that I raised before in the discord server hoping someone can come up with a fix for it. I'm using the JPAN engine runtime customisation.
    Follow Me Glitch - Unfortunately that's another common glitch. Hence why I use it sparingly.
    Battle glitches - Fix for Part 2

Pokemon Naming - Fixed (Yeah, I sometimes add extra letter on PKMN name to make it easier to find when hacking the game. I forgot to change them back)
    December 26, 2017
    Aethestode - Today at 5:34 AM
    Costume Changing (Can't sell) - Fixed
    Viridian City Tiles - Fixed
    Eevee Evolution - Fix
    Flashback - Fixed
    Market Notepad - Fixed

Doduo script - fixed
    Oak Lab NPC dialogue - Fixed
    Bulbasaur Freeze - Fixed
    Pikachu Sprite Glitch in Viridian - Fixed
    Pokemon Market Freeze - Fixed
    Route 9 Path - Fixed
    Unholy Trinity Sprite - Fixed
    Kangaskhid Skull Item fixed
    Bed lining - Fixed
    Pewter Museum Freeze - Fixed
    Pallet Forest NPC dissapearing after Nidoran - Fixed
    Vermilion City Gym Blackscreen - Fixed
    Stair tiles - fixed
    Harold Sturdy Pokemon - Fixed
    Cerulean City PC - NPC dialogue fixed
    Route 24 Movement Permission - Fixed
    S.S Anne Town map - Fixed
    Thunderstone - Fixed
    Alakazam dialogue - fixed
    Dekao in Flora City dialogue - Fixed
    Using HM with costume freeze - Fixed
    Floral City House Glitch - Fixed
    SS Anne apparently losing glitch - Fixed
    Eeveelution icons - Fixed

Few dialogue and grammar fix

1) Sarapi is just a backward "Paras" with an extra "i"
    2) There's 2 types of Vulpix in the game. I added an extra "x" on one of them to make editing easier. I forgot to change it back.
    3) The surname, "Akai", is Japanese for "Red".
    4) Pete is Delia's husband.
    5) See Lake Monster Bonus Chapter for more details.

Okay cool! Im only playing this beta to assist with bug finding... I hope that's okay sorry😞. The bugs i noticed are
    1. Red will go negative colored when exiting something (like a house)
    2. Some npcs temporarily go negative colored when entering new area. (Anywhere)
    3. Flying type moves are not super effective on WILD bug and grass pokemon. (Are effective if used on npc trainers pokemon)
    4. I know it's listed but Vermilion Gym still crashes along with entering Vermilion Pokemart.
    5. When engaging an npc in a pokemon battle when they are shown before battle they appear negative color/distorted when wearing fire red outfit.
    6. When you have the teleport man warp you he does not appear in the town until you leave and go to another town where he is located.

This is all i found now. If i find more i will leave a message in this forum. Keep up the great work Aethestode I believe in you!😁

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Important Note: If you have encountered a glitch and have saved then this Glitch patch wouldn't fix it due to obvious reasons. This Glitch fix patch fixes many glitch that were posted (look at #bug-insight channel for more details).

There are two files.
    1) Glitch Patch 2
    2) Beta 13 + Glitch Patch 2

To use Glitch Patch 2, you'll need to apply the original "Beta 13 patch" and "Glitch Fix Patch" first before using Glitch Patch 2.
    To use Beta 13 + Glitch Patch 2, just download a clean FireRed Squirrel rom and apply the patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pava1xq5s7e93q5/Glitch Patch 2.ups (Glitch Patch 2)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/30szx72ufluxgq2/Beta 13 + Glitch Patch 2.ups (Beta 13 + Glitch Patch 2)

Just for future references, if you see a glitch. Don't save...

==Bug Fixes==
    Fuchsia City Tile glitch - Fixed
    Green facing sprite - Fixed
    Vermilion City Guard Map - Fixed
    Lapras on Friday - Fixed
    Gyarados can't be caught - Fixed
    Sooth Bell Girl - Fixed
    Route 24 Tile - Fixed
    Floral City House - Fixed
    Robin Trap - Fixed
    Poliwrath Dialogue - Fixed
    Vermilion City SethealingSCript - Fixed
    Miracle Seed in Pallet Forest - Fixed
    Blaine giving you Volcano Badge - Fixed
    Agatha Hair colour adjusted to match OW sprite
    Changed Gyarados back to Water/Flying from Water/Dragon

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    In the new Beta 13 with the Glitch Fix in a fresh start I encountered these glitches:

1) Hypnosis animation
    Spoiler:

2) After the Battle with Nidoran in the beginning, if you go to the Pokecenter to heal your Pokemon, the game might freeze for a few seconds. Also, when you will exit the Pokecenter, Poliwhirl will no longer appear behind you following you.
    Spoiler:

3) The Pokeball colour in battles it looks strange with green and red colour and normally it shouldn't be that way.
    Spoiler:

4) When your mother heals your Pokemon, the screen blinks white for a few seconds but it feels like it's a lot of seconds and feels like the game crashed but it didn't.
    Spoiler:

5) This one is a small bug like a very small detail but I think I should tell it. In the Pokecenter in Pallet Town, upstairs you can walk up inside the plant.
    Spoiler:

6) Solarbeam PP has a bug and doesn't show how much PP are left.
    Spoiler:

7) This one might not a bug but a sarcastic dialogue, but I am not very sure. It's the dialogue in the following screen. It may be a bug because player is just in the beginning of his journey but it also might be sarcastic, I am not very sure about that one.
    Spoiler:

Thanks again for the game, and I hope I helped with the glitches I found and I hope they are gona be fixed soon. When I will find other glitches, I will post them too.

Last edited:

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    In the new Beta 13 with the Glitch Fix in a fresh start I encountered these glitches:

1) Hypnosis animation
    Spoiler:

2) After the Battle with Nidoran in the beginning, if you go to the Pokecenter to heal your Pokemon, the game might freeze for a few seconds. Also, when you will exit the Pokecenter, Poliwhirl will no longer appear behind you following you.
    Spoiler:

3) The Pokeball colour in battles it looks strange with green and red colour and normally it shouldn't be that way.
    Spoiler:

4) When your mother heals your Pokemon, the screen blinks white for a few seconds but it feels like it's a lot of seconds and feels like the game crashed but it didn't.
    Spoiler:

5) This one is a small bug like a very small detail but I think I should tell it. In the Pokecenter in Pallet Town, upstairs you can walk up inside the plant.
    Spoiler:

6) Solarbeam PP has a bug and doesn't show how much PP are left.
    Spoiler:

7) This one might not a bug but a sarcastic dialogue, but I am not very sure. It's the dialogue in the following screen. It may be a bug because player is just in the beginning of his journey but it also might be sarcastic, I am not very sure about that one.
    Spoiler:

Thanks again for the game, and I hope I helped with the glitches I found and I hope they are gona be fixed soon. When I will find other glitches, I will post them too.

Important Note: If you have encountered a glitch and have saved then this Glitch patch wouldn't fix it due to obvious reasons. This Glitch fix patch fixes many glitch that were posted (look at #bug-insight channel for more details).

There are two files.
    1) Glitch Patch 2

To use Glitch Patch 2, you'll need to apply the original "Beta 13 patch" and "Glitch Fix Patch" first before using Glitch Patch 2.
    To use Beta 13 + Glitch Patch 2, just download a clean FireRed Squirrel rom and apply the patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pava1xq5s7e93q5/Glitch Patch 2.ups (Glitch Patch 2)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/30szx72ufluxgq2/Beta 13 + Glitch Patch 2.ups (Beta 13 + Glitch Patch 2)

==Bug Fixes==
    Lapras on Friday - Fixed
    Sooth Bell Girl - Fixed
    Route 24 Tile - Fixed
    Robin Trap - Fixed

xxHeatherxo

Ms I-Am-Bored
    Years
  • I just want to say sorry to those people who had to restart their save files due to glitches. I obviously didn't intend for those glitches to occur.
    It's totally fine, Aethestode! You only intended to remove the glitches so that we could play the game properly. Many of us haven't advanced a lot into the game yet and we can always start again because this game is amazing!

The Froakster

Likes Froakie
    Years
  • Hello, I have a question.. When i enter the vermillion city gym, the screen goes black but I can go back to a save file.... another question, where is mew in celadon city in Mew Hunt?

Years
  • Important Note: If you have encountered a glitch and have saved then this Glitch patch wouldn't fix it due to obvious reasons. This Glitch fix patch fixes many glitch that were posted (look at #bug-insight channel for more details).

There are two files.
    1) Glitch Patch 2

==Bug Fixes==
    Lapras on Friday - Fixed
    Sooth Bell Girl - Fixed
    Route 24 Tile - Fixed
    Robin Trap - Fixed

Hello Aethestode!
    So to make things clear: I can patch BETA 13, then the Glitch Fix Patch and finally Glitch Patch 2 OR I can just patch the BETA 13 + Glitch Patch 2? Is the Glitch Fix Patch already included in the BETA 13 + Glitch Patch 2-patch?

Bugs:
    -pixeled screen before the title screen appears
    -Hypnosis - pixeled screen when using attack on first battle with Nidorino
    -pokemon following me no longer follow when entering a pokemon center and generally the feature is not always active (don´t know if it´s better to delete those following scripts or not)

And I have a few questions I asked before:
    1. Will there be link battles possible?
    2. Do you update the TM list to 120 or do you leave it lika that?
    3. Can you implement permanent rebattles for every trainer?

You don´t need to be sorry for those glitches, it happens. I don´t see a reason to be amashed of. You did amazing work!

Last edited:
    Years
  • hi. does the "Beta 13 + Glitch Patch 2" acts like an overall patch? like, I'll just patch it to a clean Fire Red ROM and that's it? all the problems are gone?? please correct me if I'm wrong. >__<

also I suggest if you don't mind Sir @Aethestode. I think it's a little bit easier to update the download link from the main post with an already fixed patch than just providing multiple patch.

Back