• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)

Roe

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's me again. When I try To enter the stadium I get picked off by the team Celestial (ninja? ). They take me to the research center and after interacting with Green the game freezes. I'm guessing it has to do with the unwanted cutscene that happened to me. Sorry again for troubling you.

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
It's me again. When I try To enter the stadium I get picked off by the team Celestial (ninja? ). They take me to the research center and after interacting with Green the game freezes. I'm guessing it has to do with the unwanted cutscene that happened to me. Sorry again for troubling you.

No you've been a massive help. I think I've finally found the problem. I'll have an update soon.

This patch should fix the problem in general. I'm not 100% sure it will fix your save specifically though. Hopefully it should but if it doesn't let me know.

Note: This update might break your game again if you're getting the 349 error. I'll have that patch later but please install the fonts afterward and change them in the options cause I have to make this patch seperately and that takes a bit of time.

Last edited:

Roe

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
No you've been a massive help. I think I've finally found the problem. I'll have an update soon.

This patch should fix the problem in general. I'm not 100% sure it will fix your save specifically though. Hopefully it should but if it doesn't let me know.

Note: This update might break your game again if you're getting the 349 error. I'll have that patch later but please install the fonts afterward and change them in the options cause I have to make this patch seperately and that takes a bit of time.

So I updated to the new version but nothing changed. I think my save is just so messed up. I'll probably start over but that doesn't bother me. I remember seeing years ago the available Pokemon in the previous demo on a sheet. Do you have something similar by any chance?

Alababal

Years
So I updated to the new version but nothing changed. I think my save is just so messed up. I'll probably start over but that doesn't bother me. I remember seeing years ago the available Pokemon in the previous demo on a sheet. Do you have something similar by any chance?

Dang. Well if you change your mind let me know it shouldn't be too much of a problem to fix your save. As for the encounter sheet here's the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S4kmQynYrMpjoOpdem0i45epkIOAxEpDR3IO20U3gEU/edit?usp=sharing

It needs to be updated for the new demo but everything there should still be true.

Years
seems like a great hack and i would love to play it but im one one of those people that want to play the complete version or at least 50 hour gameplay....so is there a timeline on your progress??

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
I'm so glad to see that your back and with an update. I discovered this game in a very stressful time of my life. I was just starting college and I had lost some family members who were close to me. This game gave me a lot of joy and helped me get out of my funk. Thank you for continuing to work on this game.

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
Years
I like this so far. It's challenging, but not annoyingly difficult to get through.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or not, but when battling the rival's Clefairy, poisoning and other status effects aren't doing anything to it. i.e., it says that it is poisoned but no HP is lost, same for the TM you get from Pit.

Years
Get this everytime I try and rename a Pokemon via Name Rater, help?
Spoiler:

On another note, started a playthrough of this game on my YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=532ttdxsOek&t=1s

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 10, 2022
It's reaaly hard to beat Pit when my shiftry at level 21 does not obey a thing I say, also super difficult with a togepi and swablu added to the mix.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
I just downloaded the new demo and I just encountered an error whenever I go to the player screen menu at the start of the game:
Script 'PScreen_Options' line 349: NoMethodError occurred. unidentified method '[]' for nil:NilClass
Can you fix this in the next update please?

Alababal

Years
seems like a great hack and i would love to play it but im one one of those people that want to play the complete version or at least 50 hour gameplay....so is there a timeline on your progress??

You mean in the past or going forward? You probably won't get anywhere near 50 hours out of this game right now. As much as I'd like to put out a schedule going forward, there's no way I could do that even if I didn't have other irl things I had to deal with. I guess all I can say is keep an eye out for it. I'll update the title to demo 3, demo 4, etc. when those updates come out.

I'm so glad to see that your back and with an update. I discovered this game in a very stressful time of my life. I was just starting college and I had lost some family members who were close to me. This game gave me a lot of joy and helped me get out of my funk. Thank you for continuing to work on this game.

Thank you for the kind words. My favorite fangames have always been the ones I can get the most immersed into, so that's been my number 1 focus with this game.
I like this so far. It's challenging, but not annoyingly difficult to get through.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or not, but when battling the rival's Clefairy, poisoning and other status effects aren't doing anything to it. i.e., it says that it is poisoned but no HP is lost, same for the TM you get from Pit.

Yeah her clefairy has magic guard, so she can only be damaged by direct attacks. A bit of an extra challenge :laugh-squinted:

Get this everytime I try and rename a Pokemon via Name Rater, help?
Spoiler:

On another note, started a playthrough of this game on my YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=532ttdxsOek&t=1s

It's reaaly hard to beat Pit when my shiftry at level 21 does not obey a thing I say, also super difficult with a togepi and swablu added to the mix.

I think both of these are errors from updating pokemon essentials and not fixing everything. They should be easy fixes in any case. I swear I've fixed the trade pokemon disobeying error a dozen times though... it keeps coming back.

I just downloaded the new demo and I just encountered an error whenever I go to the player screen menu at the start of the game:
Script 'PScreen_Options' line 349: NoMethodError occurred. unidentified method '[]' for nil:NilClass
Can you fix this in the next update please?

This on the other hand has been a much more annoying error. There is a fix on the previous page that you can use for now if you want, but if you do stop as soon as you get to Squall City. I've been working on it and I think I found a fix that works for both the people that are getting this error and the people that aren't. I want to do a bit more testing before I release it though. I'll also add the above fixes to that patch as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
I am currently at the quake corporation puzzle and i managed to do the first one i am confused about the second one since i don't know at all where shoal cave is and i'm not too sure about how many legs a galvantula has if anyone can tell me the password or help me in anyway it would be appreciated

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Spoiler:

Same thing with me and i have tried other random codes as well

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
Hi,

Not sure this has been addressed before (in case: sorry!), but my game crashes in the Lighthouse when Robin tells his story. I tried downloading the patch but it doesn't seem to work. It says: Script "Game Event" line 164: ArgumentError occurred. comparison of String with 914 failed
How could I fix it?
Thanks for this and for the very enjoyable game!

Alababal

Years
Spoiler:

Same thing with me and i have tried other random codes as well

That's my fault for not updating the town map properly, sorry. Shoal cave is on route 319.

Hi,

Not sure this has been addressed before (in case: sorry!), but my game crashes in the Lighthouse when Robin tells his story. I tried downloading the patch but it doesn't seem to work. It says: Script "Game Event" line 164: ArgumentError occurred. comparison of String with 914 failed
How could I fix it?
Thanks for this and for the very enjoyable game!

I'll look into this, and then I'll post the patch/update.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
How often do you plan on updating the game like one every 2-3 months or 1 every 6 years

Alababal

Years
I updated the patch. The full version will be up later. This one should hopefully permanently remove the 349 error on startup, as well as the other errors mentioned so far except for the life of me I couldn't recreate the lighthouse error. I tweaked a few numbers in the lighthouse so if we're lucky that might fix it but otherwise idk.

Actually I just though of something and checked and I think I found the error. I'll fix it and reupload. If you're past the lighthouse it should be fine.

How often do you plan on updating the game like one every 2-3 months or 1 every 6 years

I don't have a timeline. Progress for the next demo should be faster than the last one in theory since (2nd demo spoilers)

Spoiler:

Next update should have two more badges. Story around the sixth is really short (like the first badge) and story around the seventh is on the long side (like the 3rd and 5th). I'll try and be better about posting updates between here, twitter, and youtube.

Also forgot to mention, I wanted a route between Squall and Tycane for this demo. If I do that it'll probably be posted within the next month and a half. Otherwise I'll probably end up saving it for the next demo.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Does anyone have tips to beat the first gym leader, he has rock types that destroy my larvesta and it is my only pokemon, so plz help

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
Is it possible to get gible as a starter in this game? How do I get it to follow me?

Back