• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Animé Adventure: Reborn

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Searchingthriough some old files on my computer the other day, I found an early version of Pokémon Animé Adventure, which I had abandoned long ago. Playing through the demo, I did appreciate how primitive it was, but how fun it ahd been to make it and to share it with the community. I have been inspired by that to try and restart the game, now that I have had alot more experience with RMXP, and hope to improve it in a way that it would really be something to be proud of.

For you interest, below is a downlaod link for the original demo.

https://rapidshare.com/files/50592020/Pokemon_Anime_Adventure.rar.html

Really is quite basic, so if I was to restart this project, I would be hoping to incorprate the following elements:

:pokeball: New Pokémon character sets
    :pokeball: New tiles to give the game a unique feel
    :pokeball: New maps, so that Kanto can feel like a whole new region, and people can get that thrill that comes with exploration
    :pokeball: A more interactive game approach, instead of just watching cutscenes to move the story along
    :pokeball: Side-quests, so that the game is more than an animé retell
    :pokeball: A comprehensive episode guide, to keep up with the plot of the game

So, I'm quite prepared to go ahead with letting this project live again, but I need assurance of two things, which is why I have created this thread.

:pokeball: That the community would be interested in seeing this project reborn - there's no point working if I don't ahve an audience!
    :pokeball: That a team would be willing to help work on this game - I have less time on my hands now and could not work on this solo.

In a way, what I am aiming for, is for the whole Game Development Team to pull together, so that we can all, through our combined efforts, create a linear game that follows the animé plot. So many of us have tried and failed, but what if we all pulled together and helped each other?

Please post your thoughts and opinions

Thanks

Micklo

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hmm... Are you going to be using a starter kit for the battle system, etc? It would be good if the player could play through Ash's battles themselves.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    If you need a scriptwriter for the story, I can help.

Thank you very much. I shall remember you in the future, should this project start up.

Hmm... Are you going to be using a starter kit for the battle system, etc? It would be good if the player could play through Ash's battles themselves.

The plan was always to use a battle system so people can play the battles for themselves. I will not be using a standard Pokémon battle system, but an RTAB with four characters, so Ash, Pikachu, Misty and Brock can all fight simultaneously, which adds pace to the battles. The Pokémon system is based off a summoning script, where the tariner call their own Pokémon out.

if you need episode documentation https://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/ is a great episode guide

Thank you very much. That will certainly be VERY valuable.

From these responses, I'm guessing I mught get some support, so I think I shall go ahead and start up the project again.

I'll keep using this thread to post updates until I'm far enough on to start a proper thread in the Showcase.

Wish my luck!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    If you'd like an example of my work, let me know and I'll be glad to type out an example script

Yes please! Please PM me an episode script for Episode 1, stating where all of the player input, battles and free-roaming would be.

Other staff postitions that are open are:

Tileset maker - For original tilesets
    Character set maker - For Putting PMD characters onto an RMXP usable sheet
    Original Mapper - Someone capable of mapping parts of a whole new Kanto

Any takers? :)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Umm... If you really need it, I could map, I think I'm pretty good at it. For examples check out my project thread.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I would be happy to help with sprites. Are you going to have pikachu, misty and Brock follow you?

Yes, Pikachu, Misty and Brock will follow you. What kind of help were you thinking of.

Umm... If you really need it, I could map, I think I'm pretty good at it. For examples check out my project thread.

That would be absolutely fantatic - you're perfect for the job. I'll send you some more information via PM soon.

The project will start around October time, due to a large volume of school work, but I promise that it WILL start!

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    i'd be willing to help if you want im me at

demonking994 - AIM
    dannybrookshaw - yahoo & msn on msn more

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2009
    I'm sure s/he will most likely bring more than one writer on board--it's a lot of work for one person to do it all by themselves

That's true... This wouldn't be as hard to write with a small team of writers, since it is basically based on something that is already written. (pretty much)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I'm sure he (really need to change that poofy signature!) will most likely bring more than one writer on board--it's a lot of work for one person to do it all by themselves

Yes, that is a good idea. Memyselforwho, please could you PM me a sample of your script-writing, from a part of Episode 1 (from where Ash wakes up in the morning to where he has received Pikachu).

Shikamaru88, what kind of help are you offering?

Back