• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    First time I've played Ash grey and gotta say than even with all its simplicity it certainly left a lasting impression on me, the Pokemon League was an amazing experience like going back to childhood watching the Anime with nothing else to do but having fun, being able to win the admission test to the Pokemon League, being able to battle Assunta and Melissa on the league, Ash facing against Kanto elite four(on any order you want, did First Lance to fourth Lorelei) Champion Slate as an interpretation of Ash's father and of course the ability to portray the best of the pokemon anime without losing its soul.

The only thing that was a but of a let down specially after introducing the Orange Islands, the guy didn't have to but abandoning the project a few islands away to the championship battle against Drake?

Not gonna lie dirty thing to do, when you realise Shamouti island is the last you'll see of your amazing adventure, even tried to mess around with cheat but alas the Second Film island forcibly ended an incredible journey.

Congratulations to metapod for the good yet unfinished hack.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Question, are you going to make it so pikachu has his early thick appearance from early pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    there is a glitch in ash gray
    when we reach the islands after grampa canyon
    1.we have to get a pickaxe from a scientist
    i press a emulator crashes
    2. i left it as it was
    3. i went to doll competition where rocket team is battling a lickitung i try to talk , crash
    4. the secret of the breeding centre , try to talk to jessie and james , crashes the game and quick save does not work also same for butch and cassidy too and so i cant go to cinnabar island cause breeding centre is a not a side quest but a main onen
    5. TEAM ROCKET DOES NOT APPEAR IN SAFARI ZONE
    6 I WON 6 BADGES IT SHOWS 5 ALSO IN FUCHISIA CITY , IT SAYS WINNING TRAINERS - ASH , GARY
    7 . I CAN DELIEVER THE MEDICINE BEFORE HELPING THE WARDEN AND DRAGONAIR
    8. I DONT HAVE SCREENSHOT CAUSE I EXPLAINED EACH ONE OF THEM

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    I had the same problem, turns out I skipped the first part. I never returned the bike to misty and never had pikachu come out and attack the spearows.

I took the swimming route and that whole part was missing. After a while I went back and did that part and pikachu listened. I have a different issue with pikachu, he is not stronger after getting the light ball...

IT CAN HAPPEN
    u need to get a specific item from someone to make sure all pokemon above level 50 listen to you

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    I think i broke the game, i broke the raft to get to new island before i got the invitation, now i have the invitation but i can't get there cuz no raft

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hello. First of all I am not metapod23, I'm just a guy who loves this hackrom and want to complete it. Because the original author practically dissapeared from the web, I decided to make an "unnoficial" update of AshGray.

Here' s the changelog
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Download
    The zip file contains .bps and .ips files, pick one of them and apply it to a clean Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels) rom
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/24eeb7me91skm3d/ashgray-b4.6.zip

First off, thank you for updating Ash Gray! I just wanted to ask if your release has fixed most of the nasty bugs that Ash Gray had in the official release? Also, how is progress with porting the version into decomps coming along?

Last edited:

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    This is amazing news, will there be more updates or is this update a 1 off?

Days
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Hi Inner Rhymes, I have probably a weird or funny request but could you somehow please make it possible to change Ash's main outfit to Ashley outfit even outside of the Erika gym battle in your unofficial Ash Gray update?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hi Inner Rhymes, I have probably a weird or funny request but could you somehow please make it possible to change Ash's main outfit to Ashley outfit even outside of the Erika gym battle in your unofficial Ash Gray update?

I am not the person who made the unofficial Ash Gray update.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Yo i dont know if its a bug or something but when i have done the mewtwo strikes back event i warp back to pallet town and the mom wont give me the errand to go and get the fertilizer thing in viridian have i done something wrong?

Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Hey guys I am kind of lost here. I have tried both the 4.6 update as well as the 4.5.3
    I have patched them both over a few different fire red rom. I have put them over firered usa 1.0 and the fire red 1.0 cleaned, as well as the 1636 squirls.

What I am finding is first the screen does not follow you normally. It seems to move up or down too high and the player is not centered

On top of that, as soon as I get to the pidgy encounter right away as soon as Pika goes to take the first hit, the game freezes.

I am sure I am missing something simple here. I have patched a few other games and they worked fine. Both the unbound and the rocket edition worked just fine on my FR roms.

Please help, thank you guys!

I forgot, I am playing on a everdrive gba mini and gba sp

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey guys I am kind of lost here. I have tried both the 4.6 update as well as the 4.5.3
    I have patched them both over a few different fire red rom. I have put them over firered usa 1.0 and the fire red 1.0 cleaned, as well as the 1636 squirls.

What I am finding is first the screen does not follow you normally. It seems to move up or down too high and the player is not centered

On top of that, as soon as I get to the pidgy encounter right away as soon as Pika goes to take the first hit, the game freezes.

I am sure I am missing something simple here. I have patched a few other games and they worked fine. Both the unbound and the rocket edition worked just fine on my FR roms.

Please help, thank you guys!

I forgot, I am playing on a everdrive gba mini and gba sp

You might want to know that some ROM hacks don't run well on actual hardware.

Days
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    there is a glitch in ash gray
    when we reach the islands after grampa canyon
    1.we have to get a pickaxe from a scientist
    i press a emulator crashes
    2. i left it as it was
    3. i went to doll competition where rocket team is battling a lickitung i try to talk , crash
    4. the secret of the breeding centre , try to talk to jessie and james , crashes the game and quick save does not work also same for butch and cassidy too and so i cant go to cinnabar island cause breeding centre is a not a side quest but a main onen
    5. TEAM ROCKET DOES NOT APPEAR IN SAFARI ZONE
    6 I WON 6 BADGES IT SHOWS 5 ALSO IN FUCHISIA CITY , IT SAYS WINNING TRAINERS - ASH , GARY
    7 . I CAN DELIEVER THE MEDICINE BEFORE HELPING THE WARDEN AND DRAGONAIR
    8. I DONT HAVE SCREENSHOT CAUSE I EXPLAINED EACH ONE OF THEM

Having the exact same problem. What did you??

Days
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why after getting my 8th badge and going back to Pallet Town and defeating Mr. Mime my mom won't tell me to go visit Professor Oak. When I talk to her she just tells me I need to rest and when I go to Oak's lab he just rates my Pokédex. Any help would be appreciated it

Days
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Having the exact same problem. What did you??

You might want to know that some ROM hacks don't run well on actual hardware.

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why after getting my 8th badge and going back to Pallet Town and defeating Mr. Mime my mom won't tell me to go visit Professor Oak. When I talk to her she just tells me I need to rest and when I go to Oak's lab he just rates my Pokédex. Any help would be appreciated it

Back