• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
Years
  • Isshu Region Police Office/Nurse - Best Wishes

Has anyone seen the Police Officer yet? If not, here is a picture.

Spoiler:

I don't like the look of her very much. The whole short hair thing? Not to my liking. Officer Jenny was way better.

Here's the new Joy...

Spoiler:

I prefer the old nurse joy's looks aswell!

What are your opinions on these new characters?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Jenny looks like a lezbo
    Although I do think Nurse joy looks much more pwetty :3~

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • Interesting.

From what I can gather in the last episode of D&P Ash just arrives to the outskirts of Pallet and doesn't actually meet Oak or gain a reason to go to Isshu. However using the preview of the first episode of BW and Bulbapedia, in the first episode he'll actually be in Isshu on an adventure and meeting the new Prof.

So I ask this, where will be the customary episode where Ash arrives home, meets his mum, Oak and his old pokemon and gets informed of a new region before deciding to head there?

I will be peeved off if they try to do a botch job on it by having it in some flashback later on. It does seem though that in keeping with the recent trend established in D&P they are trying their hardest to remove as much references to earlier seasons.

Sorry for bumping up one of my old posts but really does anyone have an explanation of any sort for this? I just find this somewhat ridcolous that there isn't going to an episode dedicated to him generating a reason/excuse to go to Isshu.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Sorry for bumping up one of my old posts but really does anyone have an explanation of any sort for this? I just find this somewhat ridcolous that there isn't going to an episode dedicated to him generating a reason/excuse to go to Isshu.

There will have to be some sort of explanation. We're getting a one hour special afterall. So don't fret, The difference is, his home reunion will be part of the Bast Wishes saga and not Diamond and Pearl.

Which makes me ask another thing, if he's moving, what happens to Gary, his lifetime rival?

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • There will have to be some sort of explanation. We're getting a one hour special afterall. So don't fret, The difference is, his home reunion will be part of the Bast Wishes saga and not Diamond and Pearl.

Which makes me ask another thing, if he's moving, what happens to Gary, his lifetime rival?

But that still makes no sense, because essentially all the one hour special is, is the first two episodes of Best Wishes coalesced if I'm correct.

In the first episode according to bulbapedia"A new journey begins, Ash and Pikachu arrive in the Isshu region. They are heading to the lab of Professor Araragi, the authority of research of this region's Pokémon. On the way there, lightning is shot from black clouds, and Zekrom's shadow appears over Pikachu, making it unable to use Electric-type moves."

So it seems to me he'll already be arriving in Isshu at the start of the episode and then dealing with Pikachu's problem as well as meeting Proffesor Aragi, whilst the Second episode judging by the title of it seems to be introducing Iris and Ash together. Seems very action packed so I'm really unsure how they'll find time to explain his motivations.

What it does suggests though is that instead of us actually witnessing the scene where Ash meets Oak & his old Pokemon and decides to go to Isshu (like we have done in the past), all we might get at best is a reference to the incident that occured out of the camera, for example Ash thinking (loudly) the following 'Oak said Isshu would be a great place to train and get stronger'. If this (and it's looking more and more likely) were to occur I would be extremely pissed.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • So looks like best wishes is going back to basics

MAJOR SPOILER TO SOME.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    So Iris is the 8th gym leader. You think she tells Ash before hand?

I highly doubt it. Most likely she'll wait till he reaches that gym.

But I thought they said Iris was going to be an anime character only (separate from games?)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, looks like Game Freak pulled a fast one! My dear Iris is a gym leader. And it was never officially said that she was anime only, it was only speculated because when she was revealed for the anime she wasn't... more like leaked, for the games.

The Red Chain

I didn't realize having shortly cut hair automatically makes you look like a lesbian, but whatever you say I guess.

Can someone tell me why Iris was speculated to be anime only? Every girl that's traveled with Ash in every generation has been in the games, either as the heroine or the gym leader in Misty's case. My guess is because Iris looks unexpected and different. XD

I don't expect her to be Gym Leader right away. I think she'll make it all the way through the anime and maybe take on the spot of Gym Leader before Best Wishes ends. Like a trial that she will take to become the Gym Leader officially near the end. But yeah, I don't think she's a "secretive" Gym Leader yet. Afterall, she has an unevolved Kibago. Then again, her actual team could be off somewhere else. At the gym with her temporary replacement, or with a relative.

But I doubt they would troll us that badly.

Posting here cause Shivi made me. :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Iris was planned for the game but she wasn't going to have such a big role 0.0

I think I speak for a lot of people that we were all surprised of the outcome.

I think she'll do what Misty did, tell him when he get's their.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Lol if Iris left her gym to her sisters to run while she travels with Ash alot of people are going to be mad lol

I don't expect her to be Gym Leader right away. I think she'll make it all the way through the anime and maybe take on the spot of Gym Leader before Best Wishes ends. Like a trial that she will take to become the Gym Leader officially near the end. Posting here cause Shivi made me. :D
    I like this idea, thast could be her goal, sure would be different from all the other female leads that have been on the show.

Last edited:
    Years

• I was going to add that but I thought it was a bit stereotypical. 'Cause of the short hair n' all?

You could also take it as seeing that she has short hair, that she likes men's typical hairstyle more than the woman's typical hairstyle. That she wouldn't be one, since she likes the men's appearance more. As for me, I prefer the short hair style on men, as opposed to myself. Whereas others like the style so much, that it's suitable for them, too. It doesn't have to be so gender specific. Why assume that a person leans towards one side or the other? People shouldn't make assumptions and judgments. Especially if it's because of hairstyle.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm itching to see what Ash's expression is when he finds out Iris is the last gym leader. He could be led to believe that she's a beginner, and then find out she's a poke Expert. XD haha It's possible. I really don't know, but I want to. This makes me like Iris more now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well guys, looks like we have another new preview...

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX1KgozJhXg

From the looks of things...

-Ash catches all three starters YAY!
    -Ash and his mom are in the new region together????
    -Dento is showing them the gym

I'm really looking forward to this series. Iris and Ash's interactions look like fun tooXD

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Oak <3s Araragi! xD He looks cool out of that lab coat. Looking forward to Best Wishes. But I'll only watch the first hour special ad wait until next year for the English one to air. I hope Ash doesn't get all starters, 4 already is the first 3 episodes is too much. I'm sure he'll only get 1 or 2, leaving the other for Shooti. Also, I'd like to mention that behind the barbed wire where Shooti is talking to Ash, it looks very suburban American :D

I think they'll be another series after the Main get 8 badges thing. And maybe Iris will stay past Best Wishes, like Misty.

That's all.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Oak <3s Araragi! xD He looks cool out of that lab coat. Looking forward to Best Wishes. But I'll only watch the first hour special ad wait until next year for the English one to air. I hope Ash doesn't get all starters, 4 already is the first 3 episodes is too much. I'm sure he'll only get 1 or 2, leaving the other for Shooti. Also, I'd like to mention that behind the barbed wire where Shooti is talking to Ash, it looks very suburban American :D

I think they'll be another series after the Main get 8 badges thing. And maybe Iris will stay past Best Wishes, like Misty.

That's all.

I don't know, kind of looks like he might but than more than two is fine by me. They are just trying to make things much faster this series, I'd love it if Iris was that other girl character to make it to another region, that or they'll keep Dento like what happened with Brocko LOL. I'd LOL If Dento stayed, that'd make AshxDento canonXD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back