• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Black and White - Seasons

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
  • I love the idea of new pat along with the season, and I wonder if weather move will become field moves: for example in summer, you can cast hail in a route to change its appereance...however this would kill the season sistem, now that I think of it...

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I love the idea of new pat along with the season, and I wonder if weather move will become field moves: for example in summer, you can cast hail in a route to change its appereance...however this would kill the season sistem, now that I think of it...

Though it could change their effectiveness. In summer, Hail could be shorter or not work. And maybe in Winter rain won;t work as well either, or possibly turn into snow. But it would be cool if a little area around the battle changed appearence, like a square of summer in winter!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I really love the seasons idea and the fact that different pokemon are available during different seasons. hat is sooo cool!

Last edited:
    Years
  • the seasons

as you probably all know, isshu will have a season cycle. it lasts 4 months, each season lasting 1 month. it not only has aesthetic changes, but also changes the pokemon you will find, with certain pokemon being rarer or more common depending on the month. (there may also be pokemon that will only appear in a certain season). there are also certain areas that are only accessible in certain seasons. i personally think this is a very good idea. it injects even more of the real world into the game, without making it feel like the real world. what do you think?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    To make it more realistic, we should make our character interact with the snow. We could have like, mini-game snowball fights and everything during the winter.

Ah, the joys of mini-games. Why yes, I have been thinking of Pokemon Stadium 2 as I type this.

That would be amazing. Seriously. A Pokemon winter wonderland... actually that could replace the Game Corner! Ooh, or Game Corner games relying on what season it is :O

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    hey everyone, lets all give a big introduction to Shikijika, a Black and White pokemon that changes forms depending on the season.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Season change?

so can you imagine it if they say "seasons will change like days and nights, REALTIME!" hahahahahaha like "aw man, I gotta wait 4 months until i can get my magikarp =\

Pikachu3828

Webmaster of The Pika Club
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    It wouldn't have been too annoying if it only affected the Pokémon that were available. It would sort of make sense that some Pokémon are only available at certain times of the year. Since it's been announced that certain areas of the game are inaccessible during certain seasons though I'm glad they've shortened the length of a season to less than real time.

It would suck to have to wait half a year to advance with the story because you can't reach the area you need to get to during the season you're playing

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • It wouldn't have been too annoying if it only affected the Pokémon that were available. It would sort of make sense that some Pokémon are only available at certain times of the year. Since it's been announced that certain areas of the game are inaccessible during certain seasons though I'm glad they've shortened the length of a season to less than real time.

It would suck to have to wait half a year to advance with the story because you can't reach the area you need to get to during the season you're playing

I highly doubt the story path would ever be blocked, Nintendo isn't quite that annoying. It's more likely you wouldn't be able to get through some big mountain pass where you catch the Gen V Dragonite/T-Tar/etc equivalent pre-evolution or something like that.

Back