• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Black and White - Seasons

Years
    I am disappointed that the seasons will not mirror the real-world in terms of length. However I like the idea that accessibility of locations will be determined by what season it is. Also the length of one month per season is reasonable.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I am disappointed that the seasons will not mirror the real-world in terms of length. However I like the idea that accessibility of locations will be determined by what season it is. Also the length of one month per season is reasonable.

If you know anyone that takes four months to play though one game, please point me to them. Because if they were real-world length, it would take four months to get to a new season.

I usually take a month, maybe 5 weeks to play through. That would mean I would play through a little more than a fourth of one season if what you wanted came true. :| That would be boring.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    If everything gets as snowy as the leaked image in winter time.
    Then I approve of these season changes.

some random awesome pic:
    Pokémon Black and White - Seasons

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    If everything gets as snowy as the leaked image in winter time.
    Then I approve of these season changes.

some random awesome pic:

They don't. I forget where, but I saw a picture of a route and everything just had a light dusting of snow.

My prediction is the higher north you get in the Winter, the more snow there will be.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    They don't. I forget where, but I saw a picture of a route and everything just had a light dusting of snow.

My prediction is the higher north you get in the Winter, the more snow there will be.
    here's no snow at all... :bandit:

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I'm guessing it doesn't snow EVERYDAY during Winter, that would be silly. Hopefully this fits into the random weather theory I have.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    ...I find this fact to be quite depressing. I guess Gen IV will probably be the only generation with snow in it. .__.; I was really looking forward to it too, but I guess it's too early to tell whether there's snow or not in the game indefinitely.

..How are you the only person who hasn't seen the picture of the snow pile or heard about the features that seasons allow? lol

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ...I find this fact to be quite depressing. I guess Gen IV will probably be the only generation with snow in it. .__.; I was really looking forward to it too, but I guess it's too early to tell whether there's snow or not in the game indefinitely.

Spoiler:

It's snow!

As said on pokébeach, where the girl is walking towards; the top of the cliff, that point can't be accessible in the other seasons of the in-game year. That being said, the seasons will affect the parts of the map you are able to go to.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If you know anyone that takes four months to play though one game, please point me to them.
    Personally, I still haven't defeated SoulSilver. I'm not even halfway done with the game. It's been pretty close to five months, and it's going to be even longer before I beat the game. So...

I like the idea of the seasons changing every month. It's better for those who rush through the game and for those who take their time. I also like how accessibility changes depending on the seasons. Again, it makes the Pokemon world more realistic. Like the characters changing clothes depending on the seasons.

Betwixt

[ The Unknown Enigma ]
    Years
    Personally, I still haven't defeated SoulSilver. I'm not even halfway done with the game. It's been pretty close to five months, and it's going to be even longer before I beat the game. So...

I like the idea of the seasons changing every month. It's better for those who rush through the game and for those who take their time. I also like how accessibility changes depending on the seasons. Again, it makes the Pokemon world more realistic. Like the characters changing clothes depending on the seasons.
    I believe Nintendo probably got the inspiration to do this from Animal Crossing, but it is a very cool feature. Maybe certain Pokemon come out at certain seasons now? I wonder if they'll bring back honey into 5th Gen.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I believe Nintendo probably got the inspiration to do this from Animal Crossing, but it is a very cool feature. Maybe certain Pokemon come out at certain seasons now? I wonder if they'll bring back honey into 5th Gen.

I think it's much more probable they got the inspiration of seasons from real life.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I love the idea of this. <3 And I want it to snow everyday in the winter. ;-;

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Ha, I totally called the 1-month thing. But I'm excited! And with the access to new areas it sorta reminds me of LOZ Oracle of Seasons. But all around I'm excited! Do you think it'll be in-game one month, or if you change your DS month it'll change too? And I'm curios to see the outfit changes. It's cool--a long journey, and the player never changes clothes. Until now!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I love how with the different seasons, different paths and areas open up. This is going to be so great and really add a bit more of uniqueness to the games. I absolutely can't wait!

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I love how with the different seasons, different paths and areas open up. This is going to be so great and really add a bit more of uniqueness to the games. I absolutely can't wait!
    Where did you learn that?

Back