• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 9, 2021
-Link removed

Was anybody ever able to get the national dex thing working in PokeGen? I followed Dray's steps in the guide word for word last week and today and wasn't able get my save set up with it. I lost my save file after every attempt.

Last edited:
Years
Try this link for the anti piracy issue. It took me an hour to find this last week. The black and white roms should work for their respective hacks. If the rom you choose doesn't work and you don't have your own cartridge to dump, idk what to tell you. I'd have to go look again for the right link.

[redacted]

Was anybody ever able to get the national dex thing working in PokeGen? I followed Dray's steps in the guide word for word last week and today and wasn't able get my save set up with it. I lost my save file after every attempt.

Is the link you posted really allowed?You can just find the game that works with the existing ap patcher,then apply the game patch after its done.

Patcher is DS-Scene ROMTool v1.0 Build-1215.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 9, 2021
Is the link you posted really allowed?You can just find the game that works with the existing ap patcher,then apply the game patch after its done.

Patcher is DS-Scene ROMTool v1.0 Build-1215.

Oh crap, probably not. I'd better remove that link. You might want to remove it from your quote of my post.

It may or may not be against the rules, but neither game is even in stores anymore and there's no easy (be ready to spend a lot of money) or official way to buy it online either, so it isn't really piracy because you aren't stealing money from GameFreak/Nintendo as they aren't selling the game anymore. I may be wrong, though. I'll still remove the link just to be safe.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 87
  • Seen Mar 27, 2021
I cannot for the life of me get the Instant Grass or Advanced Stat Screen AR codes to function. I'm using Desmume to emulate. Trainer rebattle is working, so I'm aparently using cheat codes correctly. Confirmed that I'm using the right hotkey, using the right version.

What can I do to make this work?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 3, 2021
Im trying to put in the action replay codes on desmume and it doesnt seem to be working is this normal or am i doing something wrong? i just want the instant shaking grass cause grinding is a pain

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Im trying to put in the action replay codes on desmume and it doesnt seem to be working is this normal or am i doing something wrong? i just want the instant shaking grass cause grinding is a pain

I had an issue myself with that code, at least in the second Black/White. Make sure to hold L or R and then take a step before expecting to see the grass shake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Why can I not soft reset the starters? My Snivy has been Male, Lonely with Contrary after 10 resets. Is there a certain save point? I did a save state before clicking the box. Should I do an actual close the game and load the in game save? Is this a known issue? Will I have to actually start a brand new game each time for different Starters?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Why can I not soft reset the starters? My Snivy has been Male, Lonely with Contrary after 10 resets. Is there a certain save point? I did a save state before clicking the box. Should I do an actual close the game and load the in game save? Is this a known issue? Will I have to actually start a brand new game each time for different Starters?
Not an issue with the ROM, that's just how save states work - they preserve the current state of the game, which I guess includes the RNG seed in this case. To see any differences you'll need to create an actual save using the in-game save option, then soft reset with the button combo (L+R+start+select).

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 15, 2021
Can anyone help me to get the hack opened in DesMuME? I have a White version ROM, and I downloaded through the only available link in the original post, but it's not working. When I try to open the hacked version of the game it says that the loading failed.

Aqua Mosquito

Nuzlocke Beginner
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 21, 2021
Hello, I was playing Blaze Black yesterday and I made it to CIlan, but when I try to rotate my pokemon, the game crashes. Is it an issue with the emulator, the rom, the savefile? I have no idea what is causing it to do that.

Years
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to play BB on DesmuME (RetroArch Core on Steam), but every time I use the tool to enable the National Pokédex on my .SAV file it ends to corrupt it AND its backup file. What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help and time.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Hello everyone, did yet another compatibility fix, this time with Blaze Black and Volt White.

v3.2 - May 31, 2023
DeadSkullzJr:
- Made adjustments to the ROM image.
- Restored Nintendo DSi related data in the ROM image.
- Removed the anti-piracy bypass patch.

The anti-piracy bypass patch was removed because it's generally a bad practice to apply patches
like these to ROM hacks due to the constant changes that occur to the ROM image(s). The other
reason is because anti-piracy bypass solutions tend to receive updates from time to time to account
for aspects of the game that may have been missed in the past. Lastly, these types of patches should
only ever be applied by the end user and not forced, these should only ever be used if by chance the
environment you are working with requires a solution like this for the game(s) to run properly, not
all environments are guaranteed to operate the same exact way or handle game related data in the same
manner.

Download:

Pokemon - Blaze Black Version
https://mega.nz/folder/VEBHwTrb#DTOXCzyjkS8ujApgeDX_kA

Pokemon - Volt White Version
https://mega.nz/folder/tERRnQjI#BpGpErAzWa64RcJSSwT_lQ

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Hello everyone, did yet another compatibility fix, this time with Blaze Black and Volt White.

Thanks for the update. The patch for Black is working. White throws a checksum mismatch even though I use the same dump mentioned in the readme. Any idea?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Thanks for the update. The patch for Black is working. White throws a checksum mismatch even though I use the same dump mentioned in the readme. Any idea?

Yea I accidentally threw in the wrong vanilla ROM when making those, patches are fixed now, just go back to the post and grab it.

Back