• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    The 10 year old's that started making the sprites in Red and Blue are now Mature. They make really cool sprites now.

But when you talk about sprites one thing comes Into mind, one disgusting, revolting, demonic sprite comes into mind.

Please open this spoiler only If you are sure you want to look.
    Spoiler:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Thanks for the lay out to fable dawn, fable do you know what big words mean miss18 year old, lol.

Actually, that's mostly your fault for the confusion. We all know what revolution means, but using it where it makes no sense is confusing.
    Pokémon Chit-Chat

So in a regard to that, I dislike how we are a bit too new school, and wish we could bring back some of the classic elements, you know?

Remember,
    Pokémon Chit-Chat
    was old school. Do you seriously want to go back to that?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    :O ? thanks for the burn AC? I dont see how that sentence was miss used @_@ okay simple and sweet next time, stupid english skills >.<

Golbat is flat out funny! XD Speaking of best sprites though, I thought the jolteon of the first gen was the best jolteon so far though.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Well, in the advancement in technologhy, it's not impossible Nintendo would do that. They did it with PBR

Actually, they've been doing it since Stadium in first gen. My point was that it was impossible to make a sprite three-dimensional, because a sprite by definition is two-dimensional.
    Pokémon Chit-Chat

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Whoops my mistake. Nintendo might make the rest of the upcoming Pokemon games, after MD2, on the Wii. I would be very sad about that :(

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well PBR and DS are pretty much two different things. I don't think we're seeing 3D next gen, more of a defiant era in pokemon, with more attention to detail with the sprites and areas.

Back on my sentence for the OFFtopic, it wasnt no sense AC, now that I think of it, it made complete sense
    Revolution - a significant change, and the sprites have had that kind of change, so no, it should have made perfect sense, and "In terms of spriting" made it to the topic of that development in pokemon and not something else. So yeah, clearing that up.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Back on my sentence for the OFFtopic, it wasnt nonsense AC, now that I think of it, it made complete sense
    Revolution - a significant change, and the sprites have had that kind of change, so no, it should have made perfect sense, and "In terms of spriting" made it to the topic of that development in pokemon and not something else. So yeah, clearing that up.

Well, I thought it was confusing. The spriting hasn't been one huge change- it's been a series of small changes from generation to generation. More of an 'evolution', really.

Plus, 'evolution' is a better pun.

And no, I have no idea why I'm bothering to argue this topic.
    Pokémon Chit-Chat

Now, on topic...

Whoops my mistake. Nintendo might make the rest of the upcoming Pokemon games, after MD2, on the Wii. I would be very sad about that :(

Nintendo would never do that. Pokemon is their biggest cash cow- limiting its audience would be absurd. Plus, DS games are probably cheaper to make than Wii games, which promises a bigger return for the same product.

Not only that, but that goes against just about everything Pokemon is. If Pokemon were on the Wii, you couldn't take it to school and battle with that kid with the glasses during lunch. In fact, the only way to battle or trade would be online- something not everyone has.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Yeah that's why Pokemon isnt involved in the computer side of the economy, they are portable people and AC said really everything I could and more about that.

That's also the reason we don't have Pokemon Sports, it hits another area of people that don't associate with pokemon. Pokemon will continue to feed the chickens the sae way, because it brings those money symbols home 8D

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Yeah that's true, as they certianly can fill the pockets if they just finished what everyone wants already (GSC remake)

But yeah, Pokemon still has many areas for improvement so they arn't going anywhere. But what I do think could possibly happen is a refresh of sorts, like instead of going in 700+ pokemon, they simply start over, it would be different and 99% chance it probably wont happen but hey we have no clue what they are thinking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back