• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
I'm really interested to explore the 'sub-Hoenn' region. Looks like its well thought through, and the mapping reflects that.

Years
Looks great, I'll give it a try when I get home from work later.
Oh god those tiles are eyegasmic.
Thanks!

It's been a while since I visited this thread and I'm very interested to see how the Hoenn region will be incorporated in this hack.
Thanks!

Would you like any help with the Hoenn Music? If you haven't already got a music guy/gal
I'm putting hoenn songs in my game anyway, so, if you need help, it's no trouble at all :)
Um sure, I'll contact you if I do! Thanks for the offer!

The remove fakemon patch doesn't work for some reason.
I'll fix this with the next release for simplicity's sake.

Oh my God! Virtual world!!!!
I remember when I first saw an image of virtual world (2nd gen graphics in 3rd gen) in Pokemon RijonAdventures but I wasn't implemented back then (somewhere May'13)..
& now I'm so excited to go to Virtopia now!!!! :D :)
Keep up the good work buddy!!!!!

Ps: In the post from where we get d/l link I think the rom base version should be "1636" instead of "1635"
(coz 1635 - Crushed Baseball (U) & 1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red GBA ROM (U)(Squirrels))
I may be wrong so please do check that!!!! :)

edit2 - I'm unable to save using the menu save (it says "save error please exchange backup memory" I'm using "automatic 128kflash option for saving in VBA")..any solutions??
As I told you via VMs, and as PokeReject said, the save glitch has been reported before and the only known workaround is save states, unfortunately.

I'm really interested to explore the 'sub-Hoenn' region. Looks like its well thought through, and the mapping reflects that.
Thanks!

TjHtW9L.png
cJ1OuQ7.png

inE3LlB.png
ZbmJqx3.png
ab7TlWu.png

Shadow Trial Houses are going to be throughout Hoenn. If you manage to defeat the Shadow Trial Leader - with a disadvantaged team (everyone is poisoned, has half health, etc.) - you win a Mystery TM. The Leaders use Shadow-type moves, such as Shadow Blitz.

ykOa29V.png
1QVccMy.png

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
1QVccMy.png

Where the gatehouse is, isn't that where May/Brendan is usally battled?

Regardless, the cycle road looks sexy to hell. :I

Years
Very Good Storyline and 'll be waiting for the new features!
Don't give up!

Thanks!

I've decided to remove fakemon from the hack. I've realised that I haven't been using them recently, the Pokémon I've replaced thematically fit better in most places, and, in some cases, they are too strong. For the next release, there will be no fakemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Thanks!

I've decided to remove fakemon from the hack. I've realised that I haven't been using them recently, the Pokémon I've replaced thematically fit better in most places, and, in some cases, they are too strong. For the next release, there will be no fakemon.
Thats cool!!!!
I hope you'll be adding some 6th gen pokes..
& BTW I loved playing this & as you mentioned in opening post that Virtopia would be expanded,can't wait for it as well :)

Years
There is a glitch (?) that when you going to the third gym and talk to the fish the player become stuck and when i press start the menu become glitched and the bag is full of ?????????.

Also in virtopia is it normal when you talk to the bush twice you always get the same messege (player got a glitch)?

Years
Thats cool!!!!
I hope you'll be adding some 6th gen pokes..
& BTW I loved playing this & as you mentioned in opening post that Virtopia would be expanded,can't wait for it as well :)
Hopefully for Beta 2 Virtopia will be more fleshed out, and there likely will be some Gen 6 Pokémon, as I have already added in some Gen 6 moves.

d28CV0M.png

I like how remove that annoying introduction.
very good indeed
Thanks.

There is a glitch (?) that when you going to the third gym and talk to the fish the player become stuck and when i press start the menu become glitched and the bag is full of ?????????.

Also in virtopia is it normal when you talk to the bush twice you always get the same messege (player got a glitch)?
These bugs have been fixed, and a new release (not beta 2, probably Beta 1.4) will be out soon that fixes it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
So if you defeat a Shadow Trial leader and win a "mystery" TM, can you come back again to the same house and win another one? Or is it just a one-time thing for each house?

Hoenn is looking good too - I can't wait to play through it in cobalt! :)

Years
aw man. i actually really liked the fakemons here.
Sorry dude ):

So if you defeat a Shadow Trial leader and win a "mystery" TM, can you come back again to the same house and win another one? Or is it just a one-time thing for each house?

Hoenn is looking good too - I can't wait to play through it in cobalt! :)
It's a one-time thing for each house, but you might be able to rechallenge the Leaders (I've not decided yet).

Thanks!

QbWKpgs.png

Years
Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
wow, that's an expensive entrance fee. But I really like the idea and I'm looking forward to it ^^

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Going to go ahead and double post here, apologies.

People who have been following this thread for some time may remember the Berry Juicing Competition I tried to implement a while ago but made unavailable in Beta 1 due to some difficulties. I've now completely added the competition into the ROM. Take a look!

r54kiCS.png
fmNkBfj.png
hVZqxNC.png

M6hOBcT.png
btRH9ta.png
8XHO6rv.png

C7ttBVt.png

Special thanks to shiny quagsire for his Berry Bag item selection hack and to Haru~ for his research into extending the diploma special.

Wow, nice! ^^ I really like the idea you come up with. Also by getting those berries.
As the above poster said; I think you should really lower the entrance fee :P

Years
wow, that's an expensive entrance fee. But I really like the idea and I'm looking forward to it ^^
Thanks. I put it at such a high cost because otherwise it's essentially just free juice (which would be exploitable as they can be sold at the market). I might add a time limit to how often you can enter, but for now the cost is more convenient (as an RTC is not currently implemented).
Wow, nice! ^^ I really like the idea you come up with. Also by getting those berries.
As the above poster said; I think you should really lower the entrance fee :P
Thanks!

I've begun working on adding animations for Gen 4/5/6 moves. Here's Moonblast.

0ObqkOS.gif

I am still playing around with them though, so this may not be final etc.

Gexeys

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
That animation looks awesome! You could try changing adding in some colours of purple or pink though.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Okay, okay! I just loooove the moon blast! :D
Can you like keep the moon with the blast on? If you get what I mean.. XD

Celibifan

Official Keyblade weider
Years
I don't know if anybody said this already but:

As I was playing the Beta, I used a repel to get through Coral forest. My Repel was still in use but as I was in the grass, A Pokemon came out it was: ????????? with a circle and a question mark inside of it as the Pokemon. I did not catch it so I don't know if it could harm you game. And if you know Pokemon cries, you were able to tell which Pokemon was which. A cry I heard was a Hypno's cry. These ????????? were also ranged from Level 1 to Level 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back