• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Years
Thanks to the indescribably amazing work of Kyoko1, Cobalt now has a fully functional Badge Case!

Check it out!

RYGMlHn.gif

As you can see, the Case fills in the order you get the Badges.

4xmWuUR.png
5A99UgN.png

The second badge's sprite is a placeholder, as are the black circles. The sprite for the Case in the .gif is still the Tri-Pass, but it's been updated.

Everyone go tell Kyoko he's awesome!

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Thanks to the indescribably amazing work of Kyoko1, Cobalt now has a fully functional Badge Case!

Check it out!

RYGMlHn.gif

4xmWuUR.png
5A99UgN.png

The second badge's sprite is a placeholder, as are the black circles. The sprite for the Case in the .gif is still the Tri-Pass, but it's been updated.

WOW that is totally awesome !!! must be one of the few hacks havin g a place holder !!! awesome work kyoko

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years

Check it out!

RYGMlHn.gif

4xmWuUR.png
5A99UgN.png

I really love it! Keep it up!! ^^

Years
With the help of Shinoya, I've gone through what is completable in 1.4 and crushed as many bugs/oddities as we could find. As a result, you may notice that the to-do list on the OP has gotten longer, but a lot more is also crossed off!

We've also changed a few things.

LYYXOp2.png

Juan's gym, for example, is now a little more interesting.

Vd61QPn.png

This event has been added in between Gyms 3 and 4 to unravel more of the plot and pad the space in between the two gyms a little more. I will reveal more screenshots in a while. Thanks to Cuddlesthefatcat for Garnet Pyramid's tiles.

Smaller things like oddities in the level curve etc (Boxer, for example, was way too strong) have also been fixed.

1.4 is getting closer!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
With the help of Shinoya, I've gone through what is completable in 1.4 and crushed as many bugs/oddities as we could find. As a result, you may notice that the to-do list on the OP has gotten longer, but a lot more is also crossed off!

We've also changed a few things.

LYYXOp2.png

Juan's gym, for example, is now a little more interesting.

Vd61QPn.png

This event has been added in between Gyms 3 and 4 to unravel more of the plot and pad the space in between the two gyms a little more. I will reveal more screenshots in a while. Thanks to Cuddlesthefatcat for Garnet Pyramid's tiles.

Smaller things like oddities in the level curve etc (Boxer, for example, was way too strong) have also been fixed.

1.4 is getting closer!
That Pyramid is Awesome!!!!
Can't wait for 1.4..I hope you were able to fix the in-game save bug..cause I really want to switch the .sav between my pc & phone..I usually play on pc when I'm home & on my phone when I'm travelling to & fro my college..:)

Years
Whenever I try to save it says there is already a save file and then a save error, so I can't save it. Does anyone know what is happening?

Years
This game is looking great so far!

I found some bugs:
1) When you open the Gold Ball in Key Items, the text box says "You have 0/0 Gold Poke Balls!"
2) The Letter you get from Mom at the very start of the game has a wrong description.
3) After you battle Jack of Hearts in Lilac Fields, if you stand in the middle, he will move downwards and then to the left, and then walk through the camper.
4) The game freezes when I get into the Pokemon School and all the houses (except for the Hideout) in Crimsonburg City.

Oh, and I found some dialogues that are either quite weird or contain some spelling error, though they are not technically bugs.
1) When you talk to the Move Deleter, and he asks "How can I help you?", your answer is either "Yes" or "No", which is quite unconventional.
2) When you talk to the Relic Collector guy in Lilac City, the very last Meteorite is spelled as "Meteortie".

I will post more bugs as I further progress into the game.

Oh yeah, I have a question. Is Physical / Special split implemented in the game yet? In the description, it says there is, but in the game, when I hover over the moves in the summary page, I don't see the Physical, Special or Status symbols.

Looking forward to the release of Beta 1.4 soon!

Last edited:
Years
This game is looking great so far!

I found some bugs:
1) When you open the Gold Ball in Key Items, the text box says "You have 0/0 Gold Poke Balls!"
2) The Letter you get from Mom at the very start of the game has a wrong description.
3) After you battle Jack of Hearts in Lilac Fields, if you stand in the middle, he will move downwards and then to the left, and then walk through the camper.
4) The game freezes when I get into the Pokemon School and all the houses (except for the Hideout) in Crimsonburg City.
All already fixed for 1.4, thanks.

Oh, and I found some dialogues that are either quite weird or contain some spelling error, though they are not technically bugs.
1) When you talk to the Move Deleter, and he asks "How can I help you?", your answer is either "Yes" or "No", which is quite unconventional.
2) When you talk to the Relic Collector guy in Lilac City, the very last Meteorite is spelled as "Meteortie".
Ah, I didn't catch either of these, thank you.

I will post more bugs as I further progress into the game.

Oh yeah, I have a question. Is Physical / Special split implemented in the game yet? In the description, it says there is, but in the game, when I hover over the moves in the summary page, I don't see the Physical, Special or Status symbols.

Looking forward to the release of Beta 1.4 soon!
The split is indeed in the game, the symbols are just absent.

Last edited:
Years
Progress is coming along, slowly.

Here's a preview of some more of the Garnet Pyramid events.

cYZblye.png
qlZbVge.png
HRYw3kH.png

And a Draco Meteor move tutor can be found in Redburg Town.

wW2YxwF.png
JDW1HXO.png
C4G5zD7.png

HqV6iYS.gif

I don't think I've said this yet, but just so you guys know, once 1.4 is released and the inevitable are found and crushed, I will stop work on extending the actual game and work more on implementing more mechanical things like new (or at least, those from post-Gen 3 that aren't in already) abilities, moves, and so on. This also means more new attack animations and so on. This release will probably also have more graphical updates (the highest priority will be the player sprites, Team Aura sprites, Gym Leader sprites, updating the Gen 3 Pokémon sprites, and updating the Gen 3 Trainer sprites, though I might change other things like the battle backgrounds (maybe)).

Last edited:

Riansky

Purr
Years
Probably the best looking hack so far! I really like the professionalism going on. Really nice new features and the gameplay in 1.3 was amazing, can't wait for 1.4. From the looks of it, it seems like is going to be amazing! Great job!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years

cYZblye.png
qlZbVge.png
HRYw3kH.png

wW2YxwF.png
JDW1HXO.png
C4G5zD7.png

HqV6iYS.gif

I don't think I've said this yet, but just so you guys know, once 1.4 is released and the inevitable are found and crushed, I will stop work on extending the actual game and work more on implementing more mechanical things like new (or at least, those from post-Gen 3 that aren't in already) abilities, moves, and so on. This also means more new attack animations and so on. This release will probably also have more graphical updates (the highest priority will be the player sprites, Team Aura sprites, Gym Leader sprites, updating the Gen 3 Pokémon sprites, and updating the Gen 3 Trainer sprites, though I might change other things like the battle backgrounds (maybe)).

Awesome again <3 Are you planning to change the Hero's OW?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022

cYZblye.png
qlZbVge.png
HRYw3kH.png

wW2YxwF.png
JDW1HXO.png
C4G5zD7.png

HqV6iYS.gif

The attack animation of Draco Meteor is Looking Good man! I hope you complete it!

Years
Probably the best looking hack so far! I really like the professionalism going on. Really nice new features and the gameplay in 1.3 was amazing, can't wait for 1.4. From the looks of it, it seems like is going to be amazing! Great job!
Aw man, thanks!

Progress looks great! :) Any projected ETA for 1.4 Ice?
Thanks, and very soon, hopefully! As you can see on the first post, there is very little left to do.

woah my thoughts were wrong about this hack :o how far will beta 1.4 go up to ? in terms of gyms..
Haha what were your thoughts before? 1.4 will have 4 gyms, but there are dungeons and plot and stuff in between.

Awesome again <3 Are you planning to change the Hero's OW?
Thanks. Yes, that's what one of the main focuses for 1.5 will be (updating the graphics of the player, rival, Team Aura, gym leaders, etc.)

The attack animation of Draco Meteor is Looking Good man! I hope you complete it!
Thanks!

Small update - what was previously known as Ceilgrove Town has been renamed and remapped!

oEcr5Xb.png
c6PsfZm.png
b1T15IC.png

wTkozpZ.png
fRtsf4C.png
tDX4Ouc.png

The Gym Leader of the town has also been renamed from Garnet to Amber, because of Garnet Pyramid and the Molten Garnet already being things.

Last edited:
Years
I'd like to ask if there is any way possible to advance in the game if the buildings in Crimsonburg City are currently inaccessible (causing the whole game to freeze). I really want to play the game, but there seems to be no way to continue. I'll wait for Beta 1.4 to come out if there's really no other way out.

For Beta 1.4, can you add the Physical/Special split symbols in-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back