• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Coral Version (2022 DEMO OUT NOW!)

Max Elixir

PP Max
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really enjoyed v2.3 and ended the game by talking to the guard at Flicker Station.

Now that the 2022 Demo is out, I would love to continue where I left.
    I patched a fresh Pokemon Crystal with the ips and used the same name.
    unfortunately, as it was rebuilt from the ground up in a different engine since the last demo release, this will not be possible.
    Hello I'm stuck on Sunbeam Island with no way of progressing or going back, how do i get off this damn island? I've spoken to every single npc several times.
    have you dealt with team snare?
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Beautiful work so far! The Polished engine looks great, and I can really appreciate the humour and easter eggs peppered in!

Noticed a small typo with "challange" from the mart clerk roaming around Glint City. But otherwise, some amazing ideas in writing thus far!

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    i'm really enjoying this expectacular hackrom, it has very unique features that i love. The graphical aspect is beautiful and the adventure itself has a really good duration. I don't know if this is the place, but i tried to design the trainers from the game in a similar way from the main series, i'm really enjoying this hackrom and i wanted to show some apreciation.

Spoiler:

Napsack

bingo bongo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2023
    I registered an account to say that I really enjoyed Coral! Looking forward to the next release!

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2023
    Such a fun to play romhack, thank you so much.

However the game keeps crashing towards the end of the demo, I believe:

Spoiler:

Here's some more issues I encountered:

1. Abra sprite used for Mareanie
    2. Encounter with this surfer results in a crash.

Attachments

• Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-07 um 12.38.57.png
      Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-07 um 12.38.57.png
      12.7 KB · Views: 27
    • Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-07 um 12.40.06.png
      Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-07 um 12.40.06.png
      11.9 KB · Views: 23
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    I'm about to finish the demo and I must say the game is great! Unfortunately, now I'm stuck where I'm trying to learn the second trick with the skateboard and I can't go back. What exactly must I do to jump to where the owner of the shop is? I've already tried doing it in both sides and releasing the B button at the right time but I still don't get it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2023
    Heyho,

Really love the hack so far. Any news on the full release?
    Also: could you point me towards the skateboard? Haven't found it yet.

Keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I've played several romhacks over the years (Radical Red, Crystal Clear, Crystal Kaizo, Reborn, etc.), and so far, Coral is AMAZING and ranks up there as one of the most well-crafted and nostalgic hacks I've ever seen. As a big Gen 2 fan, I'm happy to be able to have an adventure in a whole new region with that generation's sprites and aesthetics! I've really been loving it so far.

I've been keeping a list of things I'd like to see in a future update or especially the full release. I look forward to seeing the progress you make on this, and I can't wait to play the full version!

1. PC box overhaul (Gen 1/2's PC system is atrocious, there must be a way to redesign it to be more modern!)
    2. Mega Evolutions (Easily one of the best additions to modern Pokémon and would love to see it in this hack).
    3. Changeable Natures & Abilities (I would add this in as a late game perk, because frankly, I am an old man now, and I don't have the time or patience anymore to look for 5% Hidden Ability Pokémon the way I used to. Having this be possible late game will encourage players to build the teams they want, instead of settling for teams based on what they could actually catch).
    4. At the start of the game, being able to check your Starter's nature right away upon selection, instead of waiting until the first rival battle (checking to see if my Charmander was Modest-natured took me like an hour and a half, and having to wait until the battle started to see was tedious).
    5. Exp. Share working for all Pokémon, instead of just the equipped Pokémon (makes level grinding more bearable).
    6. Following Pokémon! Obviously wouldn't expect all Pokémon to be available, but it'd be great to have our starters at least be able to follow the player around.
    7. Optimize the hack so it can work on Delta Emulator for mobile (Retroarch works fine on PC, but being able to play this on Delta would be amazing since it doesn't require jailbreaking).

Finally, in the interest of making this game more accessible and easier to play, I do think documentation of the game (wild Pokémon, available items, etc.) should be made available. Playing games blindly is alright, but for those of us with limited time, knowing exactly where to go for what does make playing much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Hi Coraldev!

As a Gen 2 fan I have to say you nailed it with Coral :)
    Keep up your good work and let it be a master piece, I am looking forward to it!

Just one thing I would love to be added in this game (but maybe too circumstancial) is the option to choose between different difficulties. Easy could be an automatically implemented Exp. Share for the whole team. Medium could be the current state and hard could be gaining less exp or bigger level gaps between the arenas so that someone has to train their Pokémon before heading to the next arena challenge. And Mega Evolutions would also be pretty cool^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    I'm probably the 10th person to say they signed up to an account here because they came across this mod and wanted to say "it's amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing more".

Also @Pekachu - I had a thunk on your suggestion of the difficulties thing, and thought that perhaps I'd augment your suggestion by suggesting hard could be the Gen5 mechanic of the experience scaling by (level of opponent)^2/level of pokemon, rather than just by the level of the opponent - It was something I really enjoyed on Gen 5, as it made it a bit harder (by getting me out of the habit of overlevelling by default), but also meant that if I wanted to add something to my team that was of lower level, it was up to speed pretty quickly... and that I managed to get something I'd just hatched to grow about 73 levels by fighting Cynthia once...

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I'm trying to nuzlocke this demo, can someone give me locations and movesets of Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Hey, I registered to say that the game is awesome, keep it up! Looking forward to the full release

Also I'm reporting the same bug that another user submitted: sometimes when pokemon level up some stat may get an _ instead of + next to the stat's name, resulting in actually losing stat points when leveling up. This happened to me with a ponyta and an electabuzz, but I'm not sure I can replicate it. Maybe I can get a screenshot next time I guess

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    hello I was playing this demo and found a glitch where this guy challenged me to a battle twice.

edit:

found another glitch that makes it impossible to get through the game. Whenever the normal type gym leader's ditto uses transform, the game shuts off. I was using a cubone against it if that means anything.

ok turns out it was the emulator I was using. The crashing problem seems to be fixed as of now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230118-001625_My OldBoy!.jpg
      Screenshot_20230118-001625_My OldBoy!.jpg
      185.4 KB · Views: 30
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2023
    Found a major bug at Hot Spring Gym, rematch. Private blue room trainer has "Text 1" dialogue and the battle will keeps looping (Won, text pops, battle again)

Minor bug is Pokemon sprites, but I suppose it could be commonly happens to many.

Here's the link to image
    https://imgur.com/a/2CgTes3

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    Hi,

I found an issue that makes crash my game evrytime. I'm playing Pokemon Coral on my GameBoy Color with an Everdrive Cartridge and when I want to learn a TM to someone the game always crashes. I don't know if it's a normal issue on GBC but I really wanted to report it.

(Indeed, I really like your game, and I can't wait for the final release)

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2023
    It seems like I've run into a bug that makes it impossible to progress. I'm at the boat house where the attendant says it's not running and that I should call the person I had intended to meet. I call the professor, but all he does it evaluate my Pokedex. What am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    It seems like I've run into a bug that makes it impossible to progress. I'm at the boat house where the attendant says it's not running and that I should call the person I had intended to meet. I call the professor, but all he does it evaluate my Pokedex. What am I doing wrong?

Call the mom.

Charem

Shadox
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey! I see the stat bug's already been reported a few times, but I have footage of it since I've been streaming my playthrough. Here: https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyCrazyStorkTakeNRG-MOz3KweaSkDJbeDd Level 36 always does this for Ampharos, and I've definitely seen it pop up with 2-3 other Pokemon before too.

ADDITIONAL BUG EDIT: Was just messing around in the third gym while doing some rematching and managed to do...this.
    Spoiler:
    You can still escape rope out from this situation, but...this is a very softlockable location if you are stumped and/or messing with the puzzle too much, lol.

Last edited:

BackpackerRex

Johto Trainer
    Years
  • I'm agreeing with the previous poster who said Nature Mints would be a good addition. It's always a shame when your starter comes at a Nature that works against their intended attacking stat.

Back