• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Coral Version (2022 DEMO OUT NOW!)

Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 14, 2023
i finished playing the demo! absolutely love this game i hope your able to complete the game on your timing. i don't mind waiting a few years for this one. This is my favorite rom hack next to pokemon odyssey (which i hope also gets completed). my thoughts/ notes/ review:

- AI leveling in this game was very well done (never felt too over or underleveled)
- Rematching the gym leaders was awesome & great for exp
- The pacing & the story is marvelous
- The variety of pokemon that trainers are able to catch early on is splendid, in every patch of grass or cave it felt like there was always a pokemon I wanted to catch expect during finishing, finding horsea and corosola was cool but thats about it
- Love being told that there were certain areas where rare pokemon can be found by the AI
- Bank option to save me money
- Loved the "alpha" pokemon portion of that game that were found in the caves & jungle. that was an awesome feature added to the game if felt like nice unforced side quests (the boss pokemon battles are FIRE , huge fan of this installment
-
- Lava surfing!
- I personally like the fact that we can only choose gen 1 & 2 starters in the beginning. Maybe allow players to catch the rest of the starters throughout the game? But me personally its a GBC game gen 1 & 2 only felt right
- The towns & different areas were awesome! The fairy & ghost forest were both really cool
- The old manor jump scare was LIT
- The beauty contest battling was a nice addition
- The sprite & tile work was great, shout out to you for adding in the scene on the mountain where you can rest and view the town below that was beautifully done and a very nice touch
- The music was very enjoyable. The soundtracks were fun to listen to
- You implemented team snare very well. Team snare highjacking the train was classic!
- Mewoths in the trash can was a nice city touch

Questions:
- How big is the pokedex? I know this is a demo but facing the same pokemon in the wild and in AI battle is game freak redundant, giving AI's separate pokemon time to time from the wild pokemon would make the game pop a little more especially when the AI's aren't in the same area as the pokemon that you are able to catch

Dislikes:
- seeing stronger pokemon or evolved forms of pokemon you catch early on in the game in later areas. I didn't like this function and I never like it when game freak does this because it dilutes the whole trill of catching a pokemon and raising it. Whats the point of catching a mareep or pipekek early on if I can get a flaffy or trumbreak two gyms later? Or why catch a machop at a lvl 6 when this game has great lvl pacing and I can catch a machop with great moves only few levels below my parties team later on in the game. I hope u are able to make this adjustment before the full release because how it is right now high key makes catching and training mons pointless
- The catch rate on some of these mons is ridiculous. Especially on the boss battles. It brought back the haunted memories of chucking 50+ ultra balls at mewtwo and rayquaza. It wasn't fun then and it isn't fun now

Years
Hey, I just wanted to ask. Does this game work with the Pizza Boy GBC emulator for Android?

Pokemon Coral uses the Japanese Pokemon Crystal MBC30 mapper, any emulator or device that cannot play that, also cannot play Coral, as the mapper is used for additional space to add in extra Pokemon cries among other features.

↓Full MBC30 Support↓
✅ BGB (PC)
✅ RetroArch (SameBoy / mGBA / Mesen-S cores) (Android/iOS, PC, etc)
✅ Sameboy (PC, MacOS)
✅ mGBA (all platforms) (requires BIOS to run faster sometimes)
✅ SkyEmu (Browser)
✅ Bizhawk (Gambatte / SameBoy cores) (PC)
✅ Analog Pocket (Console/Flash Cart)
✅ ODroid-Go / Retro-Go (Console/Flash Cart)
✅ PizzaBoy Pro GBC (ver5.4.5+) (Android) [requires disabling Super Gameboy Mode]
✅ MBC3000 (by BenVenn) (Console/Flash Cart)
↑USE THESE↑

↓Incomplete MBC30 Support↓
⚠️ JohnGBC (Android)
⚠️ Nostalgia.gbc (Android)
⚠️ GBC Virtual Console (3DS)
⚠️ GBCC (Android)
⚠️ Lemuroid (Android)
⚠️ EclipseEMU (Browser)
⚠️ RetroGamesBot (Browser)
⚠️ Aurora/Skitty.xyz (Browser)
⚠️ HYLHH/Hayley.Zone (Browser)
⚠️ RetroArch (Gambatte core / GearBoy core / TGB Duel core) (PC, Android/iOS, etc)
⚠️ GBC.emu (Android)
⚠️ VGBA Next (Android)
⚠️ Higan (PC)
⚠️ Bizhawk (GBHawk core / SubGBHawk core)
⚠️ e[mulator] (PSP)
⚠️ RIN / HomersRIN / geMP (PSP)
⚠️ GNUboy (PSP)
⚠️ SpiceBoy (PSP)
⚠️ JMEboy (J2ME / Java)
⚠️ KiGB (PC)
⚠️ NO$GMB (PC)
⚠️ playGUY (PC)
⚠️ TI-Boy CE (TI-84 Plus CE)
⚠️ NSO GB (Switch)
⚠️ GamePlay Color (iOS)
↑LACKING ADDITIONAL CRIES + may be buggy↑

↓No MBC30 Support↓
❌ GameYob (DS/3DS)
❌ MyOldBoy! (Android)
❌ Taisel Gameboy-Online (Browser)
❌ jsGBC Web (Browser)
❌ WASMBoy (Browser)
❌ VisualBoyAdvance/VBA, VBA-RR, VBA-M (PC)
❌ Goomba Color (GBA)
❌ CAMLboy/Linoscope (Browser)
❌ Mednafen (PC)
❌ EverDrive (Flashcart/Console)
❌ EZ-Flash Junior (Flashcart/Console)
❌ PizzaBoy GBC Basic (Android)
↑DO NOT USE THESE↑

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Pokemon Coral uses the Japanese Pokemon Crystal MBC30 mapper, any emulator or device that cannot play that, also cannot play Coral, as the mapper is used for additional space to add in extra Pokemon cries among other features.

↓Full MBC30 Support↓
✅ BGB (PC)
✅ RetroArch (SameBoy / mGBA / Mesen-S cores) (Android/iOS, PC, etc)
✅ Sameboy (PC, MacOS)
✅ mGBA (all platforms) (requires BIOS to run faster sometimes)
✅ SkyEmu (Browser)
✅ Bizhawk (Gambatte / SameBoy cores) (PC)
✅ Analog Pocket (Console/Flash Cart)
✅ ODroid-Go / Retro-Go (Console/Flash Cart)
✅ PizzaBoy Pro GBC (ver5.4.5+) (Android) [requires disabling Super Gameboy Mode]
✅ MBC3000 (by BenVenn) (Console/Flash Cart)
↑USE THESE↑

↓Incomplete MBC30 Support↓
⚠️ JohnGBC (Android)
⚠️ Nostalgia.gbc (Android)
⚠️ GBC Virtual Console (3DS)
⚠️ GBCC (Android)
⚠️ Lemuroid (Android)
⚠️ EclipseEMU (Browser)
⚠️ RetroGamesBot (Browser)
⚠️ Aurora/Skitty.xyz (Browser)
⚠️ HYLHH/Hayley.Zone (Browser)
⚠️ RetroArch (Gambatte core / GearBoy core / TGB Duel core) (PC, Android/iOS, etc)
⚠️ GBC.emu (Android)
⚠️ VGBA Next (Android)
⚠️ Higan (PC)
⚠️ Bizhawk (GBHawk core / SubGBHawk core)
⚠️ e[mulator] (PSP)
⚠️ RIN / HomersRIN / geMP (PSP)
⚠️ GNUboy (PSP)
⚠️ SpiceBoy (PSP)
⚠️ JMEboy (J2ME / Java)
⚠️ KiGB (PC)
⚠️ NO$GMB (PC)
⚠️ playGUY (PC)
⚠️ TI-Boy CE (TI-84 Plus CE)
⚠️ NSO GB (Switch)
⚠️ GamePlay Color (iOS)
↑LACKING ADDITIONAL CRIES + may be buggy↑

↓No MBC30 Support↓
❌ GameYob (DS/3DS)
❌ MyOldBoy! (Android)
❌ Taisel Gameboy-Online (Browser)
❌ jsGBC Web (Browser)
❌ WASMBoy (Browser)
❌ VisualBoyAdvance/VBA, VBA-RR, VBA-M (PC)
❌ Goomba Color (GBA)
❌ CAMLboy/Linoscope (Browser)
❌ Mednafen (PC)
❌ EverDrive (Flashcart/Console)
❌ EZ-Flash Junior (Flashcart/Console)
❌ PizzaBoy GBC Basic (Android)
↑DO NOT USE THESE↑

Thank you for sharing this! Does Pizza boy 6.5 or 6.6 work if I disable super Gameboy mode? Asking cause I have the updated version of the app.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Um hi, I was using the current in-game development Github version of Coral, and while I was playing through the Twinkle Town Gym, there was a guy named "Spa Trainer Mac". When you open a spa door upon clearing all the fog in the 2nd room, he'd like you to battle. However, after the battle the door then shuts underneath the player thus turning into a clown. This is because of the closed door being an unreachable tile...

Years
Um hi, I was using the current in-game development Github version of Coral, and while I was playing through the Twinkle Town Gym, there was a guy named "Spa Trainer Mac". When you open a spa door upon clearing all the fog in the 2nd room, he'd like you to battle. However, after the battle the door then shuts underneath the player thus turning into a clown. This is because of the closed door being an unreachable tile...

Its an in-game feature.

Spindarig

I'm a cute mixmon!
Days
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Hello to everyone in this thread!
I want to thank CoralDev for his awesome work with this demo, still didn't finish it but It gave me a lot of happy moments.
It was like learning about everything again and that is really nice.
I want to ask, the actual "bug reporting" discord is the actual Romhack discord?, because I want to read more news about the development (I'm not pressuring anyone!).

See you later.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or talk about this, but im up to the lava surf bit, and my numel wont lava surf? :( im not sure if its just bugged as i havent tested any other fire types... i cant find any other info abt this!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
One of the better romhacks out there. So many positives that I don't want to list them all, and I hope for a finished game. Really well done!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Hi! I enjoy hacking myself and am currently working on my own Crystal hack (based with the polished crystal engine as well.) Just wanted to know if I'm allowed to use tilesets from your hack with credit since they're my least favorite graphic to do of all time? I know if I just pushed myself to practice making them I could get better at it but I can't bring myself to do that. Thanks in advance!

Back