• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Normal attacks doesn't affect Zigzagoon. I don't think that's intentional since you have no way to win if you can't use your only attack.

Years
Normal attacks doesn't affect Zigzagoon. I don't think that's intentional since you have no way to win if you can't use your only attack.

Dang. You're right, though thankfully after some testing now I figured out that this bug only happens after using the Fairy Type patch. Looks like I'll have to take that out of the features for now and find out what's wrong with it.

For all those who are currently having this problem, you can use "[CE]_Remove_FairyType.ips" to fix it, or patch the game to another ROM instead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Glad if I could help. I think you should also add screenshots of visual patches such as hp boxes, outfits etc.

Though I don't know if you added them already since imgur is banned in our country, thus can't see many of the screenshots in the website... If that's the case, then sorry in advance.

Years
Glad if I could help. I think you should also add screenshots of visual patches such as hp boxes, outfits etc.

Though I don't know if you added them already since imgur is banned in our country, thus can't see many of the screenshots in the website... If that's the case, then sorry in advance.

I don't have any screenshots for those specific features but I'll consider adding a few more images soon. They are all hosted at ImgBB instead of Imgur, but perhaps the ban applies to that image site as well.

Thank you for your help, it's great that the Fairy Type issue was found this early at least.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
If we can find a way, I can take screenshots of every outfit combination and send them to you? Though that might take a while because I am too busy at work =/

Years
If we can find a way, I can take screenshots of every outfit combination and send them to you? Though that might take a while because I am too busy at work =/

You don't have to, but thank you for offering. I'd probably just put 2 or three images only just to show a few differences as an example. If you do want to send me some screenshots to use, just send a few since every combination and color change would require anywhere between 50 to 100+ screenshots. Unfortunately that would just be way too much in this case.

Years
Alright, so another update has just been posted. I decided to go and find as many fixable problems in the game as I could, and it came down to fixing a rather critical glitch and further updating a lot of the graphics.

Details are below, which can also be found in the ChangeLog.
------------------------

• 12/20/2019: New release, important bug fix and many graphics updates
    • Fixed a very serious bug that would leave you stuck on The Moon until your whole party fainted. It would happen if you were to do anything there other than catch/KO Jirachi, which means you'd also be stuck if you went there after the event
    • Changed the color and art style of the default grassy ground tile, I think it's a great improvement over what it was before but if it's a problem I can change it next time
    • Some fixes to rock tiles, making grass blend with it better (less unnaturally straight lines)
    • Fixed a few glitchy looking trees on both Birth Island and Mossdeep City
    • Rearranged the flower tiles in Evergrande City and changed the color of the brick road (not to yellow haha)
    • Fixed up the look of the 'mountain edge slime' in Fallarbor and Route 114
    • Fixed a graphical issue that made some tiny bits of Cycling Road look like they are floating around in mid-air
    • In case anyone downloaded the patch within maybe 5 hours of when I posted it, they missed a tiny change where Deoxys' Level has been increased from 70 to 80. That change is included in this patch
    • No, unfortunately the Fairy Type patch is not fixed yet, that will take me some time since I'll have to redo all the steps and test it thoroughly (unless someone has a working patch)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Jirachi's chance of being a Shiny has been increased from 1/200 to 1/100. It made sense to do this since getting to it in the first place is a huge task, let alone trying to shiny-hunt it. Also doesn't help that it takes some time to for the battle to start once you interact with it. I think its Shiny odds are still low enough, in this case, that it will be a nice surprise if you do find it.

Last edited:
Years
Hello everyone, the next release is FINALLY here!

Many changes have been made, which are detailed in the ChangeLog in the main post. The main feature list is already updated as well and the goods are now available for download.

To briefly summarize, there are now tons more options for customization (including primary+secondary clothing colors for both the player and rival, and patches for Fairy Type and PS-Split, new music as well as changes in the way several events are handled).

Next I want to add even more new music, some extra events and do the 'expanded Pokédex' type of stuff I mentioned before.

EDIT: Just re-uploaded the attachment, had a last-second idea to put Deoxys at Level 80 instead of the 70 I had it at before. It's a lot more fitting actually, since you would be able to handle it after defeating Steven.

That'll work, I hope you enjoy it. I actually went for the best way I could of making it feel like a tribute to generations 1 to 3 but with 3's features.

They can be bought in the Game Corner, and there are a few thrown around the maps in the game (they mostly replace other items, so they won't be very hidden or anything).

Haha thanks! Yeah I know what you mean, I can hardly believe it's been so long since the last update. Even as far back as last year, I was thinking I was almost done with this one until I got a bunch more ideas and college/work started taking over my life again.

Not specifically for this game, at least I don't think so. There is one for this site as a whole though, the link to it can be found at the very top of the home page.

Thank you for your help :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Can you make a seperate patch for disabling visual changes of Day/Night cycle. Only visual though. Since a great portion of your update is on visual aspects of the game, different palettes over screen makes these changes hard to keep up IMO. Personally I would like to be able to see Brendan/May's preffered colors all the time :)

Years
Can you make a seperate patch for disabling visual changes of Day/Night cycle. Only visual though. Since a great portion of your update is on visual aspects of the game, different palettes over screen makes these changes hard to keep up IMO. Personally I would like to be able to see Brendan/May's preffered colors all the time :)

I'm very sure I can do that, and it's actually a good idea for the reason you mentioned and the fact that the color changes may be hard on the eyes at times.

In fact, I'll make a patch for that if possible and include it with the next update, which I actually intend to release tomorrow since I've been fixing some more stuff. For example, there was some bad color blending I overlooked when I made the last update where I changed up the graphics. The Weather Institute's outside portion looked sloppy because of mismatching grass, and on the same Route (119) the Ninja Boys with the hiding props were, well, not very hidden anymore.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I'm very sure I can do that, and it's actually a good idea for the reason you mentioned and the fact that the color changes may be hard on the eyes at times.

In fact, I'll make a patch for that if possible and include it with the next update, which I actually intend to release tomorrow since I've been fixing some more stuff. For example, there was some bad color blending I overlooked when I made the last update where I changed up the graphics. The Weather Institute's outside portion looked sloppy because of mismatching grass, and on the same Route (119) the Ninja Boys with the hiding props were, well, not very hidden anymore.

I'll gladly be waiting for the update then! IIRC a ROM hack actually implemented Day/Night cycle without visual difference. I hope you can do it too :)

Btw, do I have to apply add on patches after I upgrade the game or can I upgrade the game just like add on patches?

Years
Wait did I just hear right sky mate u can goto the moon

Yep, you can go to the moon. Though you have to catch enough Pokémon and do one or two other things first, more details are in the guide.

Btw, do I have to apply add on patches after I upgrade the game or can I upgrade the game just like add on patches?

The best way to do it is to apply the latest CosmicEmerald patch to a normal Emerald ROM, and only then add the extra patches. I think if you were to do it the other way around it would remove the extra features from the game and/or cause glitches. If you have an earlier version of the hack, you'd need to redo the steps with a new Emerald ROM. It's a little inconvenient (especially if you've customized it all to your liking already), but I really don't know how to make it so you can toggle the same stuff in-game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Yep, you can go to the moon. Though you have to catch enough Pokémon and do one or two other things first, more details are in the guide.

The best way to do it is to apply the latest CosmicEmerald patch to a normal Emerald ROM, and only then add the extra patches. I think if you were to do it the other way around it would remove the extra features from the game and/or cause glitches. If you have an earlier version of the hack, you'd need to redo the steps with a new Emerald ROM. It's a little inconvenient (especially if you've customized it all to your liking already), but I really don't know how to make it so you can toggle the same stuff in-game.

That's a bummer but totally understandable. Just wanted to try my luck anyways. Will there be any quick update after the one you plan to share tomorrow?

Years
That's a bummer but totally understandable. Just wanted to try my luck anyways. Will there be any quick update after the one you plan to share tomorrow?

I don't have any others planned after that one, besides a fix for the Fairy Type glitch that was found the other day. Though I don't know how long it would take me to get that done since I'd need to test everything again to make sure it doesn't break the game anymore. Otherwise, down the line I may be adding more aesthetic things like music and weather changes, and maybe even an extended PokéDex version with a small/medium selection of new Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I don't have any others planned after that one, besides a fix for the Fairy Type glitch that was found the other day. Though I don't know how long it would take me to get that done since I'd need to test everything again to make sure it doesn't break the game anymore. Otherwise, down the line I may be adding more aesthetic things like music and weather changes, and maybe even an extended PokéDex version with a small/medium selection of new Pokémon.

Don't know if you have anything specific in your mind but post gen evolutions of gen 1-3 pokes can be good additions, I believe. Anyways, after your update tomorrow, I will continue to play and let you know if there is anything worthy to share. Thumbs up for the good work! :)

Years
Alright, I've posted the update I mentioned earlier. Here are the changes:

• 12/24/2019:: Minor graphics changes + another add-on patch
  • Fixed miscolorations for some grass and Trainer sprites on Route 119
  • Recolored tall grass a bit and improved its animation color change
  • Fixed a map tile error in the Verdanturf Battle Tent
  • Changed up the colors in the Elite Four and Champion rooms to more closely match their Battle Backgrounds
  • Created two patches which allow turning on/off the screen color changes that happen during different times of day/night (thank you to qazmachuck for the suggestion)
  • Also changed the names of the "Infinite" PokéBalls patches to "Re-Useable", since otherwise it would imply that they will never run out at all

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Alright, I've posted the update I mentioned earlier. Here are the changes:

• 12/24/2019:: Minor graphics changes + another add-on patch
  • Fixed miscolorations for some grass and Trainer sprites on Route 119
  • Recolored tall grass a bit and improved up its animation color change
  • Fixed a map tile error in the Verdanturf Battle Tent
  • Changed up the colors in the Elite Four and Champion rooms to more closely match their Battle Backgrounds
  • Created two patches which allow turning on/off the screen color changes that happen during different times of day/night (thank you to qazmachuck for the suggestion)
  • Also changed the name of the "Infinite" PokéBalls patch to "Re-Useable", since otherwise it would imply that they will never run out at all

Heeeyyy ummm, instead of updated Cosmic Emerald ROM, I accidentally patched my original Emerald ROM with disabling bike music (Upss). I frequently use that ROM to patch other games so I need it clean. So, if I patch it with enable bike music patch, will it work like nothing happened?

Btw thank you for mentioning my name! :)

Years
Heeeyyy ummm, instead of updated Cosmic Emerald ROM, I accidentally patched my original Emerald ROM with disabling bike music (Upss). I frequently use that ROM to patch other games so I need it clean. So, if I patch it with enable bike music patch, will it work like nothing happened?

Btw thank you for mentioning my name! :)

Yes. Since that patch actually works with the original Emerald and only changes a few bytes, if you use the enabling patch it will become exactly the same as the original Emerald ROM again.

Also you're welcome! Glad you made the suggestion, I'm sure some other players may have wanted that type of patch in the game as well.

Back