• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
    • Seen today
    Uhmm... Great Ball is sold for 5300 pokedollar and Nest Ball is sold for 6000 pokedollar at Verdanturf Town. I'll check other towns too but is it intentional or did I just discover another bug?

Years
  • Uhmm... Great Ball is sold for 5300 pokedollar and Nest Ball is sold for 6000 pokedollar at Verdanturf Town. I'll check other towns too but is it intentional or did I just discover another bug?

It's actually intentional, for balance purposes. If Re-Useable PokéBalls is active, then that means you'd probably need only about 100 (?) or so in order to catch every Hoenn Pokémon you need for the Dex (not including evolutions and pre-evolutions). Plus this also means you won't ever run out of PokéBalls if you happen to find a shiny, and you can also freely catch what you want in whatever Ball you want. Imagine trying to catch Kyogre for example, all you'd really have to do in that case to make it easy is to spam a single Net Ball at it, which then lives up to its price tag in the end (though I know you mentioned the Nest Ball instead).

Using the patch to deactivate the feature also returns the prices back to the original's at the same time. Yeah this can be taken advantage of, but it's up to you all whether to do that or not.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    <Hi man, do you plan to edit trainers in battle frontier and create anything about IV and EV (Hyper trainer, checker etc.)?

Years
  • <Hi man, do you plan to edit trainers in battle frontier and create anything about IV and EV (Hyper trainer, checker etc.)?

I don't know about editing the Trainers, though I technically could. The thing is though, I don't want to make them any easier or more difficult since they are already a fun challenge (except for the cheap OHKO Moves that some Trainers like to use in there). As for EVs/IVs, I already put in a way to check those but to get it you have to do one of the game's usual sidequests, where it will take the place of another item.

Years
  • Hello, Where are the shard locations? I am trying to evolve pokemon to get 120 national dex entries

Thanks!

They are in the same locations as in the original Emerald:

Red Shards: Held by wild Corsola
    Green Shards: Held by wild Relicanth
    Blue Shards: Held by wild Clamperl
    Yellow Shards: Held b by wild Chinchou

Source: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shard#List_of_shards

All of the Shards can also be found randomly Underwater and some of the remaining evolution stones can be found on specific wild Pokémon like Lunatone and Solrock.

Years
  • They are in the same locations as in the original Emerald:

Red Shards: Held by wild Corsola
    Green Shards: Held by wild Relicanth
    Blue Shards: Held by wild Clamperl
    Yellow Shards: Held b by wild Chinchou

Source: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shard#List_of_shards

All of the Shards can also be found randomly Underwater and some of the remaining evolution stones can be found on specific wild Pokémon like Lunatone and Solrock.

Oh okay thanks

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hey there my man, sorry to bother you with this kinda of question, don´t know if you already replied to this question before.

How i can put the new patches into my old Cosmic Emerald version, i have one of the really old ones (08/17).

Keep up the good work, this rom is something else.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey there my man, sorry to bother you with this kinda of question, don´t know if you already replied to this question before.

How i can put the new patches into my old Cosmic Emerald version, i have one of the really old ones (08/17).

Keep up the good work, this rom is something else.

Get a clean rom and patch the rom with latest release. It is the only way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Thanks for the info, just one more thing how do i patch the latest version with the clean room ?

Already found the answer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Sorry to bother (again), but i download the patch to up the rate of fiding Surskit, and I got a doubt, it still only appears on water ponds or it can also appear on the grass ?

Years
  • Sorry to bother (again), but i download the patch to up the rate of fiding Surskit, and I got a doubt, it still only appears on water ponds or it can also appear on the grass ?

The latest release of the game already has the same changes as the Surskit patch, so the patch won't increase the chances any higher. If you are using the latest version, there are no additional bug fix patches or anything like that needed for now at least since all the fixes are already applied (except for Fairy Type).

In the release that's up right now, Surskit is a 4% encounter rate while Surfing on the ponds on the Routes that it is on (102, 114 and 117). It cannot be found in the grass, unless there is an active 'Swarm Event' happening on that save file, which IIRC requires mixing records between saves first.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Thank you for you answer, and keep the good work this Rom is very good to play.

👍

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2020
    Hey I got a older version of this mod and I've been trying to add the Addons via John boy emulator but can't figure out how to add it. Is there a guide of some sort showing me how or will I need my computer for it?

Years
  • Hey I got a older version of this mod and I've been trying to add the Addons via John boy emulator but can't figure out how to add it. Is there a guide of some sort showing me how or will I need my computer for it?
    I've never used that emulator so I'm not sure, but if you had to use your computer to patch the original Emerald ROM with this game, you'll also have to use it to apply the customization patches too since they work the same way.

Back