• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
No, it has not been deleted, just changed slightly in terms of the requirement and reward (if you are talking about the original event). Now it just has a 'PokéDex captures' requirement.

Oh, so it now requires specific amount of pokedex of capture to get into the power plant?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Yes, more details about these requirements are in the guide since they also apply to many other events.

ah, I have read your guide, still got something to ask, hope I am not too stupid...

About the trio-bird, you say that after "defeating" the lati@s <--that means catch/kill BOTH, right?

then go the heal at any pmcenter, the event will be triggered, but I see nothing special after some centers...

Also, some the time slot for some events are nearly impossible, at least for me, like specific weekday, before morning, etc...

may I ask for the rearrangement?

really a great expansion based on the original, meaning more contents and more fun, thanks for that

Years
Hey, SkyVortex, how do you do?

Your hack looks promising, thanks for posting it! But I think I missed the physical/special patch, as it doesn't seem to be included in the archive you posted, or was it included in the main patch? Cheers and keep up the good work!

Years
About the trio-bird, you say that after "defeating" the lati@s <--that means catch/kill BOTH, right?
By Lati@s I mean whichever one you chose when the game has you decide between the color red (Latias) or blue (Latios) during the news report bit right after becoming the Champion. You don't have to deal with the one on Southern Island to unlock the Bird Trio, only the roaming one.

then go the heal at any pmcenter, the event will be triggered, but I see nothing special after some centers...
The new Roamers are supposed to show up one-by-one after you've captured/defeated the first one (Latios or Latias), healing at a Center just activates the next one so it ends up in the wild. From there you have to track it down as normal.

Also, some the time slot for some events are nearly impossible, at least for me, like specific weekday, before morning, etc...
There is a way around that, but it involves temporarily changing the clock on the system you are playing. For example, on Windows/Mac/etc. you'd open up whatever settings menu that allows you to set the date/time, and change it to what you want. In-game, you may want to leave and re-enter the area involved to make sure that the event and its scripts work properly. If in outdoor areas, you should see a color swap once the game notices a change in the time of day.

may I ask for the rearrangement?

Do you mean the updated game as of right now? If so, unfortunately it's best if I just post the update in the main post since it's just about ready (just fiddling around with a few extra things I realized would make it even better).

really a great expansion based on the original, meaning more contents and more fun, thanks for that

Thank you too! Yeah I wanted it to stay close to the original, especially considering that the majority of modern hacks appear to leave the old gameplay mechanics behind in favor of Gen IV+. I figured there were some people out there just looking for a polished version of the original, with more things to enjoy without really affecting nostalgia. Yeah there are a few newer mechanics in there but they are mostly either optional or for convenience only.

---------

Hey, SkyVortex, how do you do?

Your hack looks promising, thanks for posting it! But I think I missed the physical/special patch, as it doesn't seem to be included in the archive you posted, or was it included in the main patch? Cheers and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words! Don't worry, you haven't missed out on it. I've actually already created the patch, but I'd like to release it with the upcoming version which has been prepared (data-wise) for the patch to be applied without adversely affecting anything else.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the kind words! Don't worry, you haven't missed out on it. I've actually already created the patch, but I'd like to release it with the upcoming version which has been prepared (data-wise) for the patch to be applied without adversely affecting anything else.

Oh! That's a nice thing to hear! I'm looking forward to it!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Thanks for your answering and great idea (the changing clock-time on PC method), i can now access further in this game.

Again, may I ask about the roaming, is that meaning that I need the catch the trio-bird just like FINDING THE LATI@S NOT ON THE ISLAND?

If so, OMG how long will it take for such a unlucky me LOL

Years
Thanks for your answering and great idea (the changing clock-time on PC method), i can now access further in this game.

Again, may I ask about the roaming, is that meaning that I need the catch the trio-bird just like FINDING THE LATI@S NOT ON THE ISLAND?

If so, OMG how long will it take for such a unlucky me LOL

Yes, you will need to find them the same way you had to find the roaming Lati@s.

A method I'd use in order to find them as fast as possible would be to first buy a few Repels, preferrably Super/Max, then place a Pokémon that's below level 40 but above 20 at the front of your team. Go to Route 117 or 118 (two places I find that Roamers like to show up). Then save your game, apply the Repels, and ride around in the grass on your bike. If it doesn't show up after about 10 seconds worth of Mach Bike speed, soft-reset and try again. You can also try going to the next Route over and using additional Repels.

The game apparently uses a special data table to control where the Roamers go, and it appears that Route 118 specifically has two entries; which suggests they are more likely to show up there so give that one a shot.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
so glad to see that the producer is really here to explain, thanks for that.

I should be asking for the exact location for Entei's event to show up, if you do not mind, as I trigger my PC clock time in every hour and then go to the Mt. Chimney Peak, I find nth😭

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Yes, you will need to find them the same way you had to find the roaming Lati@s.

A method I'd use in order to find them as fast as possible would be to first buy a few Repels, preferrably Super/Max, then place a Pokémon that's below level 40 but above 20 at the front of your team. Go to Route 117 or 118 (two places I find that Roamers like to show up). Then save your game, apply the Repels, and ride around in the grass on your bike. If it doesn't show up after about 10 seconds worth of Mach Bike speed, soft-reset and try again. You can also try going to the next Route over and using additional Repels.

The game apparently uses a special data table to control where the Roamers go, and it appears that Route 118 specifically has two entries; which suggests they are more likely to show up there so give that one a shot.

Thanks for the tips, I will apply it ASAP

Years
I should be asking for the exact location for Entei's event to show up, if you do not mind, as I trigger my PC clock time in every hour and then go to the Mt. Chimney Peak, I find nth😭

Explore both upper corners of the volcano, it should happen automatically. Also if you are changing the time of day then exit and re-enter the map location to let it refresh.

so uhh... how do you go to the moon?

Complete the Hoenn PokéDex (Jirachi/Deoxys not required), do the Southern Island event, then attempt to go towards the Mossdeep Space center. Carefully read the dialogue that happens, then go to Littleroot and try resting in the bed in the protagonist's room, at the time hinted at in the dialogue.

EDIT: Just fixed a small typo

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 22, 2020
Hello, thank you for the awesome work. I want to ask if the IV/EV checker has been implemented in the game yet? If so, where can I find it?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Explore both upper corners of the volcano, it should happen automatically. Also if you are changing the time of day the exit and re-enter the map location to let it refresh.
Oh, I finally got it, thanks for that.

About the evolution stones, are they enough for hoenn dex?

Years
Hello, thank you for the awesome work. I want to ask if the IV/EV checker has been implemented in the game yet? If so, where can I find it?

Yes, and you'll automatically find it if you do Capt. Stern's sidequest (the one that usually gives you the Deepseatooth/scale.

Oh, I finally got it, thanks for that.

About the evolution stones, are they enough for hoenn dex?

Yes, and if you want more of the regular evolution stones, some are dropped by certain Pokémon in the wild and others you get elsewhere. For example, you can find Sun/Moon stones on Solrock/Lunatone, which is the same case in the original game. To get more Thunderstones (or the other elementals), find out which Pokémon drop Yellow/Red/Blue/Green Shards and take the shards to the collector near Mossdeep City. You can get more Plasma Stones from the Game Corner if you have enough coins.

Last edited:

TheSuperPika18

Pokefan
Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Mar 5, 2020
it looks really awesome, it could be a actual pokemon game, if you showed this to someone who played the gen 3 games, they'd think it is a gen 3 game, i mean, who wouldn't? I think i'll actually play it, using visual boy advanced or something like that.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Uwaaa, I haven't been to the forums in so long, and I stumbled across this gem of a hack! I'm definitely looking forward to trying this out! Good luck with the future patches!
EDIT: Eh? I might have commented on this before? When time plays tricks on your mind lol

Last edited:
Years
Hello everyone, the next release is FINALLY here!

Many changes have been made, which are detailed in the ChangeLog in the main post. The main feature list is already updated as well and the goods are now available for download.

To briefly summarize, there are now tons more options for customization (including primary+secondary clothing colors for both the player and rival, and patches for Fairy Type and PS-Split, new music as well as changes in the way several events are handled).

Next I want to add even more new music, some extra events and do the 'expanded Pokédex' type of stuff I mentioned before.

EDIT: Just re-uploaded the attachment, had a last-second idea to put Deoxys at Level 80 instead of the 70 I had it at before. It's a lot more fitting actually, since you would be able to handle it after defeating Steven.

it looks really awesome, it could be a actual pokemon game, if you showed this to someone who played the gen 3 games, they'd think it is a gen 3 game, i mean, who wouldn't? I think i'll actually play it, using visual boy advanced or something like that.

That'll work, I hope you enjoy it. I actually went for the best way I could of making it feel like a tribute to generations 1 to 3 but with 3's features.

Yo do you know where the trade evo stone is? I'm trying to evolve kadabra
Thanks!

They can be bought in the Game Corner, and there are a few thrown around the maps in the game (they mostly replace other items, so they won't be very hidden or anything).

Uwaaa, I haven't been to the forums in so long, and I stumbled across this gem of a hack! I'm definitely looking forward to trying this out! Good luck with the future patches!
EDIT: Eh? I might have commented on this before? When time plays tricks on your mind lol

Haha thanks! Yeah I know what you mean, I can hardly believe it's been so long since the last update. Even as far back as last year, I was thinking I was almost done with this one until I got a bunch more ideas and college/work started taking over my life again.

Is there a discord?

Not specifically for this game, at least I don't think so. There is one for this site as a whole though, the link to it can be found at the very top of the home page.

Last edited:
Back