• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 16, 2021
Yeah, I bet I can do the Secret Base thing. If so then I'll make it as another separate patch in case it causes issues for anyone with those bases active already. Also will have to consider that some Bases might be some people's favorite and adding this feature might ruin it for them. Due to that I'll have to figure out which ones are the least popular.

Some time ago I was attempting to come up with some ideas for custom OC Trainers that show up on different days in different Secret Bases. Kind of like the 'Day of the Week' item-givers in GSC, except you battle them. If you guys want me to add one with all Blissey, I'd definitely have to make this into a post-game thing otherwise it'd be way too broken. Maybe I'll put that particular trainer elsewhere and make them a once-a-day battle (instead of weekly), and include some other high-EXP Pokémon with different stats (so Special attackers won't have to deal with Blissey's high Sp. Def).

Well for a Blissey trainer, you could put them in the Battle Frontier. Theres just no good way to grind in Emerald, aside the E4, that not ideal in most cases.

Idk about the secret bases idea. I just thought it might be good to have them used. I didnt think about it how it would be implemented.

Years
Well for a Blissey trainer, you could put them in the Battle Frontier. Theres just no good way to grind in Emerald, aside the E4, that not ideal in most cases.

Idk about the secret bases idea. I just thought it might be good to have them used. I didnt think about it how it would be implemented.

Totally agree, one of my gripes with the original Emerald is how they permanently nerfed the levels of the wild encounters in the Sky Pillar, so I increased them again. I did make a Smoke Ball available at that part so players don't get overwhelmed. Though, there are now a few more places with higher-level encounters that would work well for grinding, but they are not always accessible (for example The Moon, once per week). Putting a Blissey Trainer in Battle Frontier is actually a great way to go, might make them a daily battle however so they aren't too spam-able. To compensate I'd make sure they are very high level and take up the full party. Also add a second trainer somewhere with a team better for Sp. Attackers.

No problem about your Secret Base idea, it is still definitely worth considering otherwise and you brought up many good points.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 15, 2022
Game keeps crashing when a Pokemon learns a new move during a battle. Anyone know how to fix this?

Years
Game keeps crashing when a Pokemon learns a new move during a battle. Anyone know how to fix this?

Which Pokémon is this happening for? It might be related to a move-list change I made a long time ago for certain ones such as a few Legendaries and FR/LG Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 15, 2022
Hello:) thanks for replying!
So it initially was happening when maril was learning rollout at level 15. I must have had a dodgy rom because I downloaded a new one from a different website and re-patched and it stopped happening so that problem is completely solved! Definitely my own wrong doing there.

I do have another new question though, until now I've only played the game at night but now during the day the game is still dark? Tried sleeping and the time in game is right. (Yet it's stuck on Sunday)
Could it be that I'm playing on a GBA with a flash card?

Thanks in advanced! Also love the game so far it's nostalgic while also being a fresh experience!

Years
Hello:) thanks for replying!
So it initially was happening when maril was learning rollout at level 15. I must have had a dodgy rom because I downloaded a new one from a different website and re-patched and it stopped happening so that problem is completely solved! Definitely my own wrong doing there.

I do have another new question though, until now I've only played the game at night but now during the day the game is still dark? Tried sleeping and the time in game is right. (Yet it's stuck on Sunday)
Could it be that I'm playing on a GBA with a flash card?

Thanks in advanced! Also love the game so far it's nostalgic while also being a fresh experience!

That's good, I was getting a bit worried the game was even glitchier than I thought. Yeah for best results make sure your Emerald ROM has one of the two following MD-5 hashes (programs such as HxD Hex Editor can check this):

Code:
 605B89B67018ABCEA91E693A4DD25BE3

7B058A7AEA5BFBB352026727EBD87E17

As for the flash card I think this is happening because the real-time clock inserting program I used was designed around VisualBoyAdvance. There is apparently a clock bug in VBA that the tool takes advantage of for its effects. Fairly recently I uploaded a patch that should fix this, but it's a separate download. Here is a link to the post I made it available in: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10197734#post10197734
I can't guarantee it will work with your flash cart, but it's the best solution I can give right now. Also for anyone using mGBA, it looks like there is a "VBA compatibility mode" option in the latest versions that may nullify the need to use the patch (though I'd still recommend doing it).
Anyway, glad you're enjoying the game, and thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 15, 2022
Only got around to patching now and it has completely resolved the issue:) thanks again

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
Can you post the level caps( the levels for each gym leader since you mentioned they are stronger than the original game... i am trying to doing a nuzlocke run of this game with level caps of not overlevelling the next gym so this information would be really helpful??

Years
Can you post the level caps( the levels for each gym leader since you mentioned they are stronger than the original game... i am trying to doing a nuzlocke run of this game with level caps of not overlevelling the next gym so this information would be really helpful??
I posted them below in the spoiler. It turns out the levels don't really make that much of a difference in difficulty (especially since I only increased them by a few), but I did make a few alterations to movesets for variety. There's nothing insane or competitive, but I posted a few notable examples below as well.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 5, 2021
Okay, so this romhack seems to not be working with GbaRunner2 For the DSi, any fix?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I have captured everything besides Jirachi and don't seem to be able to interact with the bed in littleroot to start the event. I have the wish tag.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2021
bro this is the best rombase for emerald, hands down

hoping u accept advices, i would say to add new moves and expand pokedex

like a combination of this plus "650" rombase, if happens and still can be so "clean" as this rombase (wich u can edit ez ) i trust there will be no better rombase for GBA pokemon games

ps. i am making the maps of jhoto and kanto for emerald, there are only maps ( no script or sprites) but if u would like i can pass them to u maybe u can make a better use, in trust they will be finished next month though

Years
Okay, so this romhack seems to not be working with GbaRunner2 For the DSi, any fix?

My apologies for taking so long to respond. Unfortunately I have no idea how to help with this as I have no experience with DSi homebrew/apps.

I have captured everything besides Jirachi and don't seem to be able to interact with the bed in littleroot to start the event. I have the wish tag.

The time has to be between Monday evening (ideally after the red/afternoon phase) and the very early Tuesday morning just past midnight. Check the in-game clock, I went ahead and modified it to tell the day of the week along with the time. Also congrats on getting so far into the game! :)

bro this is the best rombase for emerald, hands down

hoping u accept advices, i would say to add new moves and expand pokedex

like a combination of this plus "650" rombase, if happens and still can be so "clean" as this rombase (wich u can edit ez ) i trust there will be no better rombase for GBA pokemon games

ps. i am making the maps of jhoto and kanto for emerald, there are only maps ( no script or sprites) but if u would like i can pass them to u maybe u can make a better use, in trust they will be finished next month though

Thank you for the compliments! I didn't really intend this to be used as a base for other hacks but honestly I see no harm in it. As for expanding the PokéDex, I still have certain plans for that but it will be a bit unorthodox the way I'd do it. There won't be anywhere near 650 entries though, sadly I don't have nearly enough patience to do that these days.

You don't have to send me your resources of course, but I have to admit it would be amazing to be able to implement some bits of other regions later on.

Wow, realizing it's been almost 2 years since the last release. It's not dead yet guys, I've got some cool things I've been sort of slowly working on, such as an updated Lugia event.

Last edited:
Years
My apologies for taking so long to respond. Unfortunately I have no idea how to help with this as I have no experience with DSi homebrew/apps.

The time has to be between Monday evening (ideally after the red/afternoon phase) and the very early Tuesday morning just past midnight. Check the in-game clock, I went ahead and modified it to tell the day of the week along with the time. Also congrats on getting so far into the game! :)

Thank you for the compliments! I didn't really intend this to be used as a base for other hacks but honestly I see no harm in it. As for expanding the PokéDex, I still have certain plans for that but it will be a bit unorthodox the way I'd do it. There won't be anywhere near 650 entries though, sadly I don't have nearly enough patience to do that these days.

You don't have to send me your resources of course, but I have to admit it would be amazing to be able to implement some bits of other regions later on.

Wow, realizing it's been almost 2 years since the last release. It's not dead yet guys, I've got some cool things I've been sort of slowly working on, such as an updated Lugia event.

Take all the time you need dude just make sure you don't overwork yourself And have fun as i did playing the game

(Sorry if it's a bit cringe/dumb i don't know how to compliment people)

uZ1

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
I'm using VBA and I have the mentioned day problem. (Stuck on Sunday)
Is there a way to fix it without changing the emulator?

Last edited:
Years
I'm using VBA and I have the mentioned day boy. (Stuck on Sunday)
Is there a way to fix it without changing the emulator?

Honestly I don't know, as I've stopped using VBA quite a while back. Look for a setting that will let it use 'System Time' for the clock.

I know you don't want to change the emulator, but at this point you're much better off with mGBA. It's made leaps and bounds in development recently, and is what I'd call by far the best GBA emulator for PC. It now has a 'VBA compatibility mode' for real-time clock issues if they still exist. It's also been optimized further for ROM hacks like this one within the past 2 months or so. It's what I'm using from now on for testing and developing this game unless something better miraculously shows up.

Not to mention, the latest changes I've made to CosmicEmerald (the one still available right now) includes a patch fix for the clock in mGBA. It actually solved a lot of peoples' problems with the in-game time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 24, 2022
can you please add the ability to change a pokemon's nature using an item (perhaps bought for the battle frontier?)

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
Hey there, I'm starting up this game. Just at beginning route 101 beginning to catch pokemon, just at 4th pokemon, encountered glitch. Pokemon description text warped around screen, look like this: https://imgur.com/jd8lDtF

I'm using BizHawk 2.5.2 (no not latest but good enough), it's core using mGBA v0.9.
Rom checksum was 605B89B67018ABCEA91E693A4DD25BE3

Last edited:
Back