• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axenild

Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    Cool hack, It must be tough using Emerald version (tried it once but quit out of rage) hope to see a beta soon.

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    O darn had to type this again my connection had to relog. I Hate Glitchy that scary Missingno up there omg.I ran passed out smashed my gameboy when I caught it in blue in 1999. Nightmares of the scary Missingno and so on. Anyway Pokemon Crystalshards seems better than shinygold. However in reality Shinygold will probably be the real deal since its almost done. I would give this game my # 1 from seeing all the work you put into it.

What is impressive is (Good sized pokemon centers,Pokenav, The wooden route, Animations, use of the Hoenn continent to create a non loading Johto although this I have to see when it comes. Hopefully the Johto map. The Originality of keeping Crystal Pokemon and the storyline. The correct size length for those buildings in bettween routes.) This is the flawless gameing im talking about. Bugs dont matter as long as they dont stand out in shinygold there was the shrinked pokemon center and the loading which was odd. Then I saw the map and I was like o darn no Johto map.Everything else seems fine. However for the visualboy it is not bad.

Crystalshards seems less buggy but Im sad primarily because I dobt this game wont be out in a while and it might not be finished at all. (But what do I know Im just a dumbo.)The other thing is I hope that if I can download the game from this site so I can have a legit fake version and not the ones that are pirated elsewhere. So excited please finish this dream for us but if you cant finish it Ill go to my # 2 choice shinygold and play it on the visualboy.

Umbreons home is in Johto poor little kitty is homesick, and It is an honor to make pokedreams come true since Nintendo never did this and your skill at this is simply awesome and looks like a flawless code.

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    This looks good, i mean it was still good back when it was on fr, but this looks amazing. Please continue it, crystal was my fav game in the days that i had a gbc. it was a shame the Nintendo didn't redo this series again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Yeah! It's amazing how you imported the FR/LG tiles into Emerald to get these graphics. There's an issue I'd like to bring up, though...In one of the earlier screenshots, shown here, when the player goes into Elm's lab, the door animation is different from the door shown when stationary:
    Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

alureon

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    I wonder how long it would take to finish this o darn im so desprite to play it. There was talk that you were going to add things to the game. Will it contain a Battle Frontier or Pokemon Contests or a dive zone in the whirl islands or will it just be plain Crystal cause, Its great to play plain Crystal. Even though Battle Frontier is nice. Hope you dont add anything too nuts.

jdogpwnz

Pokemon Elite Journey
    Years
    ya it looks totally like fire-red at first i thought it was lol. I agree with the others, You should make it more clear its an emerald hack.

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
    ya it looks totally like fire-red at first i thought it was lol. I agree with the others, You should make it more clear its an emerald hack.

Are you just trying to up your post count? He clearly stated on the front page that it was an Emerald hack. Geez, no one ever reads nowadays... -_-;

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    Hi, today i have the final screenshots of this first part, next i will just launch the preview:

Rival Appears!

Gold Trainercard

Crystal Trainercard

Brand New Pokédex!

Thanks to Gridiron for the Sprites and the colors for pokedex!
    That's all, Cya!

alureon

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Cool I definatly like the look on the Pokedex this seems awesome yo. Cant wait for the beta to come out hope it goes far. So exciting woot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back