• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well, Kike just as easily could have made the maps himself as direct remakes. Before accusing someone, get the facts strait from the direct source (In this case, Kike).

And about the graphics problem...

^^ I revamped Gold's floor, Kike revamped Gold's walls ^^

But the ceiling looks strange, doesn't it? (not bad... just strange... But still, it was strange also in the original... :P)

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2021
    You never said you made the graphics and that's why I said that.
    Since they're yours Kike will have to change the lighthouse tiles.

Never?

Hey you! Have you got a permission for using THAT maps of lighthouse made by my hands for Project Platinum? Do you think if you change stairs it would be your "remake"? Heh it wouldn't, you steal it - I think - next time... -> It's not first time you steal graphics from Platinum. Wal się!

Look at this page:
    -link removed-
    Very funny! That was THE PROOF! Let's go to court and remove all their proofs...

Now you can compare lighthouse, it's THE SAME.

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Well, Kike just as easily could have made the maps himself as direct remakes.

THIS IS NOT KIKE'S MAP!!!

Before accusing someone, get the facts strait from the direct source (In this case, Kike).
    You should say: "Get the facts straiGHt from the direct source (In this case, Map Thread at Project Platinum Forums)."

Because this map was first posted THERE, on Platinum. As newly done map, done by LEGENDARIES not zel nor kike. The map has been there BEFORE Kike started his hack!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • How about this discussion is stopped here, and you let Kike make a statement about this situation?

If the map was done by Legendaries, and he requests you to remove it, then you will have to do so.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Umm, i find a Cyber Cafe in the Town, yay! The last year it wasn´t there, hehe.
    First thing, i can´t just put the maps, and, the walls are the same as GSC, the floor is a derivation of the S.S. Anne, the ceiling, ummm, i don´t have idea where i taked it, but, anyway, i want to change it. And, stop saying i using platinum things, if i use, the people of there will PM me, this thread is not for discuss about platinum, it´s for my hack. I don´t want to be mean, but, only the staff of platinum can say to me if i will use or not it things.
    Please, let me have good vacations!
    P.S. Scizz, you can delete all the discusion of the maps?

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Umm, i find a Cyber Cafe in the Town, yay! The last year it wasn´t there, hehe.
    First thing, i can´t just put the maps, and, the walls are the same as GSC, the floor is a derivation of the S.S. Anne, the ceiling, ummm, i don´t have idea where i taked it, but, anyway, i want to change it. And, stop saying i using platinum things, if i use, the people of there will PM me, this thread is not for discuss about platinum, it´s for my hack. I don´t want to be mean, but, only the staff of platinum can say to me if i will use or not it things.
    Please, let me have good vacations!
    P.S. Scizz, you can delete all the discusion of the maps?

Nicely said.

Back on topic I like the hack keep up the good work.

BTW did you get my PM.

Edit- me and kike have joined forces so now i am translating his hack right now.

and to prove I am serious heres a pic

Pokémon Crystal Shards

progress, I have finished the intro

edit 2- I have finally made the english text in the intro flawless, kike-scott would be proud.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Controversie...well, I hope you won't let all this hinder your hacking Kike, and do enjoy that vacation to come back and feel motivated. Well, I hope those guys don't give you a hard time though. Anyway, I hope that you use better graphics for the ceiling of the lighthouse, because to be honest those 'platinum' tiles don't suit it. ;)

Years
  • Technically, they can not do anything map-wise, since both Crystal Shards and Platinum intend to be remakes (And very close ones at that). They can, however, stop Kike from using sprites and other custom content of that sort.

Anyway, glad to see you found a cyber café and came to clear things up, Kike.

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Ok, now I'm not here to start a flame war with anyone here especially with Kike-Scott but I intend to try and sort out the matter. I'm a staff member from Project Platinum. Now I noticed that some of the stuff is ours but we are using new things like Gridiron said. So you might be able to use our old content. For future reference if you find something of ours and use it please contact one of us staff members of PP. Other than that like Gridiron I think this remake looks really nice. Keep up the good work Kike-Scott. Also I go by the name PlatinumDS on PP.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Yeah man, the hack is very nice man. I love the way you did everything. I hope you continue, with no more problems. Anyway, keep it up bud, you're doing great!

Balladofwindfishes

A Spriter by Trade
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    Ok, now I'm not here to start a flame war with anyone here especially with Kike-Scott but I intend to try and sort out the matter. I'm a staff member from Project Platinum. Now I noticed that some of the stuff is ours but we are using new things like Gridiron said. So you might be able to use our old content. For future reference if you find something of ours and use it please contact one of us staff members of PP. Other than that like Gridiron I think this remake looks really nice. Keep up the good work Kike-Scott. Also I go by the name PlatinumDS on PP.

Yes, PDS basically summed up what I was going to say. I also apologise for some things Maxim may have said, I wish I could have read some of it though.

But basically summing it up, unless otherwise noted NOTHING from platinum to to be used by ANY fan-game/hack/remake or any of the above.

It also appears there's some contriversy with the Moderater Scizz, I'd like to know the exat reason for the deletion of what I was told by a member as "proof of thief".

I'd also like to applaud Gridion for his nice handling of this, kudos gridion

~Balladofwindfishes, one of the main admins at Platinum

Oh and nice hack kid, it looks intresting

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Yes, PDS basically summed up what I was going to say. I also apologise for some things Maxim may have said, I wish I could have read some of it though.

But basically summing it up, unless otherwise noted NOTHING from platinum to to be used by ANY fan-game/hack/remake or any of the above.

It also appears there's some contriversy with the Moderater Scizz, I'd like to know the exat reason for the deletion of what I was told by a member as "proof of thief".

I'd also like to applaud Gridion for his nice handling of this, kudos gridion

~Balladofwindfishes, one of the main admins at Platinum

Oh and nice hack kid, it looks intresting

Scizz deleted some posts cause he said the debate should be dropped, but maxim continued and he was banned for disobeying and flamming.

Also he is bashing me and scizz on the pokemon platinum forums.

i think Platinum DSsaid he could use the old work, not the new work.

Balladofwindfishes

A Spriter by Trade
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    I supose it's ultimatly up to the person who made the sprites, at least thats what I'm thinking

and if a mod wants to end the discussion than so be it, we should end it and only report it; need be; he "steals" again

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • WOW, sorry Balladofwindfishes, but some things that i putted in the hack and Maxim says that is stolen, they aren't. And the point is, just because, for example, recolored Pokémon Tower to white, is not suposed to be your creation, anybody can recolour it, and if i like the colors, why i can't put it in my hack? Because the inly difference to the original is the color, i just change the color of the Pokemon Tower and that is. None relationship with your besides of the color. I will not put the thing that you scratched or spliced with other sprites/tiles, thats is a real effort. The same thing is the Lighthouse inside, the walls are the same of GSC, and you know all the thing, and Ballad, any thing that you want to put away, first say it to me in PM, please. This thread is becoming a Fight Ring! xD.
    P.S. I will not use the new things anymore, sorry for all the trouble.

Last edited:

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2021
    I can't hear your lies anymore... In Poland we say that only somebody who is to blame is explaining. Please, end this case. Do what you want with my maps.
    Scizz, please don't remove this post.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well, glad it's all settled. Well Kike, still on your vacation in Brazil, and perhaps do you have anything new to show or tell us when you get back? Hope to see more of it, and hope no trouble will hinder the production of this hack. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back