• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017
I made a Pokecommunity account just so I could comment on this beautiful thread. I downloaded Pokemon Cyan Beta 3 about a week ago, and I can't stop playing it. The game is just amazing in comparison to normal Pokemon games and even other hacks. When put up next to fire red, or other cannon Pokemon games the options and little side quests make the game much more interesting. But when put up next to other hacked versions? Cyan far outshines many others in terms of pacing and scaling.

For example I just finished and my team is as follows:
Level 43 Kangrish (Please tell me you plan on fitting in a late level evolution for this??)
Level 54 Typhlosion
Level 51 Tekagon (Shiny)
Level 50 Sealob
Level 50 Gengar
Level 40 Vullaby

I fought almost every wild Pokemon I could find and stopped in places like caves to grind out some Baulders (high exp yield), but other than that I didn't do too extensive grinding to stay at pace with the trainers, in fact almost the entire game I was ahead of all the trainers. I almost **** myself when I found the shiny Baulder. Instantly decided to add to my party of Quilava and Kelprawn. Didn't really pull its own weight (well neither did Kelprawn though) and was pretty much just a meat shield as Dreadrock, but I held faith and was rewarded at level 48 (didn't think she was gonna evolve again) when Dreadrock changed into the Rock/Dragon monster Tekagon. Sporting 156 def and 110 sp. def (at lvl 51), and learning tons of moves with flinch while also rocking the ability sheer force, she became utterly unstoppable.

I was thoroughly discouraged though by the fact that whenever you buy a rare egg, an eevee is the only thing that seems to come out. Although I happily conceded defeat on getting a Larvitar or Dratini and accepted the Ghastly that popped out of an uncommon one.

Also..... You got me to accept a bug type Pokemon into my party, that is an accomplishment in itself, and over all I have to say with how well balanced this game is I am able to sustain a 4 Pokemon party while raising a 5th before I even hit the 8th gym with utterly no sweat.

I urge you PLEASE, PLEASE finish this hack and allow me to continue my journey with what is probably my favorite team of any Pokemon playthrough.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Hey, I thought I might leave a review to encourage you to finish this up! You only have one last gym to go.
The game was pretty solid, I've only encountered two bugs: One when I used the escape rope in the cave north of Slate City (it warped me somplace weird with messed up tiles, but I got myself killed by a trainer which forced it to warp me back to a PC so it was okay), and the other was the stairs you take just before the Amber Path, whose tiles mess up when you go up it (again, it fixes itself when you enter a building).
The fakemon was pretty legit, except for Fribitad which I can only describe it as 'an alien foetus' (It's evolved form is great though). No complaints about the story or the English.
All in all, 9/10. Just finish it up and it'll be up there beside Light Platinum and Glazed as completed ROM hacks, and even stand out as a good Fakemon ROM hack.
Cheers.

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
>Gen 4 and 5 pokemon
>Screenshot of a Swirlix
WOAH

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 9, 2022
Can anybody help me. I've downloaded the IPS and patched it onto a clean rom. However i'm still not able to play the game. The game won't start in Virtual Gameboy and keeps crashing on the titlescreen in No$ Gba Emulator

FelipeGazolla

I'm here just for Pokémon Adventure Red
Years
Can anybody help me. I've downloaded the IPS and patched it onto a clean rom. However i'm still not able to play the game. The game won't start in Virtual Gameboy and keeps crashing on the titlescreen in No$ Gba Emulator

Try it! Always work for me: in vba go to options>emulator>save type>flash 64kb. After close the emulator and open it again, it should solve the problem.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Pokemon Cyan is a really surprisingly good game. It's giving me some kind of challenge (at least in the beginnings) and even the Fakemon are mostly pretty good.
I've got one problem, though.
Spoiler:

Thanks for any help in advance!

Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Playing this (trying to) on No$GBA, but starts with an error, then crashes each time you look at a map??

Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
VBA worked a treat!

Awesome romhack! Can't wait to play the finished product.

One quicke though....where is the Fly HM...or is it just walking everywhere for now?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
My game freezes every time I go to battle my rival at the snow crest gym??

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
The in game save function doesnt work if anything that should be fixed immediately

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
Okay i'm having a problem. Going to the route to the right of slate city, the game freezes. I've gone out of my way to make sure the rom is clean, even downloaded a brand new one, and a new copy of the ips. It lets me poke my head out there, then it freezes. anyone else have this kind of problem?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Is there a way to get trade evolutions in this? Want to evolve my Scyther into Scizor

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Hello creators of pokemon Cyan. I have been having trouble saving my game because it says i already have a save file and then says save error what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back