• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
Is there a name rater or at least a save editor for this game. I need a way to change my pokemon's name. If so, how far is the name rater? I made a mistake in naming it...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2016
how do i evolve budew pls tell me i really neeed roserade btw i have the siny stone

how do i evolve budew

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Unless it's been changed from the main games, Budew should still evolve by leveling it at max happiness

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
Years
Alright I am so downloading this rom hack once again! Downloaded the last beta a while back, and had a lot of fun! Did you change stuff before the 6th gym? I still have a save file from the last beta, but if there are changes earlier in the game, I will start over my adventure.

Thanks for your awesome work! :)

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
2 questions:
1- Are the Good/Super Rods available?
2- Is there a way to get a GOOD (Slowpoke/Horsea) surfing pokemon before Aquamarine City?

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2016
Just curious, is there a full pokedex I can look at anywhere? I wanna try to only use fakemon and I wanna know if they evolve

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2016
So I read through the rest of the message board and saw all the fakemon and their evolutions I can get. Really love Ruffski's design, I'm praying you decide to put its evolution line in the next beta.
Love all the fakemon designs and hoping for an update soon.
Keep up the good work!

Years
Just an FYI, after I used an Escape Rope at Avalanche Mountain, I was transported to a glitched version of Bond Bridge. I had to purposely lose in order to get back to the previous city. Whatever you do, don't use an Escape Rope there (or probably anywhere) until the glitch is fixed, lest you lose your progress.

EDIT: At the department store, when you change floors, the title at the top of the screen still says "Celadon." Whoever's in charge of fixing things like that might want to change that before the next update.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2017
Everytime I speak to my rival at the Snowcrest City Gym my game freezes after.
Is there anything I can do against that?

Years
Is this hack still be working on. If it not than damn I wanted to ply it to it fullest, it sad when a game is almost has 8 badges and is drop. If you are not done when will be able to release the next beta

FlameShot

Infinite Flames
Years
Is this hack still be working on. If it not than damn I wanted to ply it to it fullest, it sad when a game is almost has 8 badges and is drop. If you are not done when will be able to release the next beta
This hack is still being work on. And I don't think chrunch will quit this hack because just like you said, it almost has 8 badges on it. I think the releases are yearly so probably there is going to be one this year. And also, asking for release dates are against the forum rules.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 9, 2017
yo guys why i cant fight vs the water gym it says something about shes not their but i tried everything :\

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2021
Hello, I have been a long time lurker on these forums but this is the first hack I have tried to play, but it has only ended in failure, am I doing everything right?

Trying to play it on Windows 10 with the VGBA emulator and I downloaded Lunar IPS. I tried putting the ROM in a folder with the patch, after which I patched the ROM using Lunar IPS and it said "patched successfully". Try to load the ROM and it instantly crashes. I backed up and checked the ROM to make sure it works, to which it does. I then tried another method I found, renaming the IPS file to exactly what the ROM file is. Tried that and I had a bit more luck. I get to the "if you paid for this hack ..." screen and the screen goes into the intro where Gengar is fighting Nidorino (not sure if Cyan changed the intro or not...), but regardless, after about 10s into the intro, it goes back to that white intro screen with the "if you paid for this hack ...". If I try to get past the intro by pressing any button, it takes me back to the intro screen.

So I have tried patching with Lunar IPS and tried renaming the patch and keeping it in the same folder as the ROM, both failed. I repeated this with three different ROMS from different locations and I get the same results every single time. I tried downloading VBA but I can't even load any of the ROMS, patched or not with that emulator

Am I doing something wrong? If someone can help me I would be very grateful, I would be lying if I said if the constant failures weren't getting under my skin

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys. I've beaten Giovanni and got the call from Mr Stone while entering the water gym. However when I go back to Devon Corp nothing happens. I've watched a playthrough on youtube and I know an event is supposed to activate as I walk in to DC, a character greets me. However the event seems to not trigger and I just wander about Devon Corp. Did this happen for anyone else? Have I missed a step to trigger the event? It would be a shame to have to restart at this point.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 6, 2016
yo guys why i cant fight vs the water gym it says something about shes not their but i tried everything :\

You should have got a call as you first walked in to the gym from Mr Stone asking you to come back to Devon Corp. Head back for that event before you'll be able to challenge the gym leader.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Hello, I have been a long time lurker on these forums but this is the first hack I have tried to play, but it has only ended in failure, am I doing everything right?

Trying to play it on Windows 10 with the VGBA emulator and I downloaded Lunar IPS. I tried putting the ROM in a folder with the patch, after which I patched the ROM using Lunar IPS and it said "patched successfully". Try to load the ROM and it instantly crashes. I backed up and checked the ROM to make sure it works, to which it does. I then tried another method I found, renaming the IPS file to exactly what the ROM file is. Tried that and I had a bit more luck. I get to the "if you paid for this hack ..." screen and the screen goes into the intro where Gengar is fighting Nidorino (not sure if Cyan changed the intro or not...), but regardless, after about 10s into the intro, it goes back to that white intro screen with the "if you paid for this hack ...". If I try to get past the intro by pressing any button, it takes me back to the intro screen.

So I have tried patching with Lunar IPS and tried renaming the patch and keeping it in the same folder as the ROM, both failed. I repeated this with three different ROMS from different locations and I get the same results every single time. I tried downloading VBA but I can't even load any of the ROMS, patched or not with that emulator

Am I doing something wrong? If someone can help me I would be very grateful, I would be lying if I said if the constant failures weren't getting under my skin

That's... interesting... I don't have the same issue as you... and I'm running Win 8.1... so I can't really do much to help you there... Unless you're positive that you patched onto a correct Fire Red base (which I think is a Squirrels base? maybe a 1.0?)

Yo, what system does the run on? I have VisualBoy Advance, and it cant run this game.

How do you mean? You might want to be a bit more specific on your issue if you want us to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back