• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Everytime I speak to my rival at the Snowcrest City Gym my game freezes after.
Is there anything I can do against that?
Sadly this is the one bug I haven't been able to consistently replicate or fix yet. If you save beforehand and keep restarting the game it should work eventually
Where can I find information about the pokemons on this hack?
I decided against including information on them as I wanted to make it feel like a proper new game. If you really wanted to you could view their stats and info with a pokemon editing tool, but I think it makes for a better experience if you go in blind!
Hey guys. I've beaten Giovanni and got the call from Mr Stone while entering the water gym. However when I go back to Devon Corp nothing happens. I've watched a playthrough on youtube and I know an event is supposed to activate as I walk in to DC, a character greets me. However the event seems to not trigger and I just wander about Devon Corp. Did this happen for anyone else? Have I missed a step to trigger the event? It would be a shame to have to restart at this point.
That is very stange indeed. What exactly did you do in between the time where you got the call and when you entered devon corp? If you want you can send me your save and I'll fix it.
Yo, what system does the run on? I have VisualBoy Advance, and it cant run this game.
VBA should work as it was developed and tested using it, most other emulators work too. But beware if you use an emulator with a BIOS file there is a crash when you view the world map, which should be fixed in the next release

---

Apologies for the long radio silence, everyone! I haven't had all that much time to work on Cyan but I have made some progress over the past few months. I've been considering releasing a 3.1 with a bunch of fixes and improvements over beta 3 since ideally i want to wait until the game is complete for beta 4, although it wouldn't include much new content in terms of story. Let me know if that's something you guys would be interested in :) For the meantime here's some progress:

yhh8ves.png

WIP forest with some new tiles

nK2mBZC.png

New and improved sprites for several fakemon, thanks to zerudez!

1Xy5LZX.png
vw5uKnR.png

ALL gym leaders now have fully custom sprites by cloudsoda

And of course there's much more that'll remain a secret for now. Hopefully everyone enjoys the update (even if I only made it to show I haven't quit)!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2019
This is am amazing hack and I can't wait for the release this year. I have been lurking on this thread high and low and going everywhere in the game.
Where is the moonstone to evolve Lilabaa? And where is surf?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
hi chrunch, i just finished the beta 3 of cyan, do you know whent the 4th beta or the final release will be ? i love it =)

By the way can you tell me where i can have rocksmash please ? i need it for th cuttest ruffski^^

Years
hi chrunch, i just finished the beta 3 of cyan, do you know whent the 4th beta or the final release will be ? i love it =)

By the way can you tell me where i can have rocksmash please ? i need it for th cuttest ruffski^^
He doesn't set exact dates or timelines is what I get from the F.A.Q. in the original post.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
i cant get pokemon cyan beta 3, since here i get some .ips file. on android, MyBoy emulator cant run this type of files. can you make it a normal pokemon hack rom file instead of .ips ?

Years
i cant get pokemon cyan beta 3, since here i get some .ips file. on android, MyBoy emulator cant run this type of files. can you make it a normal pokemon hack rom file instead of .ips ?

Its against the rules to post actual roms and such on the forum. You need to patch the ips file to a rom, which you can find by googling.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Download the fire red rom from online, squirrels version worked for me. Download the ips file here. Go on your google play store and download unipatcher. You will be able to patch the rom and create and rename an exported file of the rom. Then just download a gba emulator from google play for find the apk file online of gameboid and it's bios and you'll be set :) let me know if you need anymore help on getting it to work on android and I'll try and post some pictures of hoe to get it running :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 31, 2016
How do I get on gba4ios can someone send me a media fire link. When I try to open the link you put, nothing happens.

Glustora

Do you even Ayy Lmao?
Years
Can anyone help? Every time I try to talk to my rival at snowcrest gym, my game freezes. I just recently patched the beta 3 to a clean firered rom, and my .sav is from the beta 2. Also what do I do now that I've beaten the snowcrest gym? I'm lost, I don't know what to do now...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
i dont know why youre complaining about the story, everything is good. fakemon designs are awesome, good gameplay, awesome new region... what else is there to want ? also, does anyone know when will beta 4 come out ?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
Can i get a list of all the Fakemon, plus their types and evolutions? That would be wonderful! :D

Years
Omg chrunch, this is another hack that has beautiful fakemon that looks like it could be in an official game. I really love this hack. Haven't played the beta because I'm waiting for the full version. Your layout, features, screens are all beautifully presented, amazing and wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back