• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2018
    Hi miksy91 I really loved dark energy back in day. Good to see you are back. However you should considered remake it into GBA ROM hack

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2018
    Beta 5 will hopefully come later this year. At the mid-summer / end of summer, I can probably estimate better, when everything up till beta 5 will eventually be done. I can after all work on the hack more during May and summer time than during spring and fall.

I'm assuming not this year for Beta 5?? Playing through Beta 4.1 again and found a bug. After battling Roland in the area on the way to Granaldo City, I lost and didn't black out. When I checked my Pokemon, this was what happened.

xY8g5wp

Then whenever I encountered a pokemon or a trainer, the battle scene would appear and then cut away as if I had won.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Finally back on! Had lots do do this fall. But now I'm back to having free time :) I've tested a couple hacks for my friends irl, and have found bugs in different hacks on here. I did an alpha test on one here, but can't remember the name as it's been several years lol. Happy holidays btw :)
    Happy holidays to you too!
    Would you possibly like to test Dark Energy for beta 5? I'm not there yet, but I could possibly take some testers for the hack soon. Not that it should take weeks longer to get the actual beta 5 release out at that point either.
    Hi miksy91 I really loved dark energy back in day. Good to see you are back. However you should considered remake it into GBA ROM hack
    I don't think I'll be remaking the hack or actually even spending time doing anyhow large rom hacks after Dark Energy is eventually done. I feel I'm already starting to be too old for this stuff, and there is plenty of other stuff in life that also interests me. But not going to quit though.
    I'm assuming not this year for Beta 5?? Playing through Beta 4.1 again and found a bug. After battling Roland in the area on the way to Granaldo City, I lost and didn't black out. When I checked my Pokemon, this was what happened.

xY8g5wp

Then whenever I encountered a pokemon or a trainer, the battle scene would appear and then cut away as if I had won.
    No beta 5 this year, but I hope I can release that in January or at the latest in February.
    That's an interesting one.. Thanks for letting me know, and I'll make sure that doesn't occur in beta 5. And yes, I did see the image, but only after starting to quote you and copy pasting the link to the address row.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah I'm down to test for you bro! Just send me whenever you're ready :) my little sister will watch the progress because she's infatuated with rom hacks and she's only 8 :o

miksy91

Years
  • Hey everyone! GREAT NEWS!

Beta 5 coming up
    It's been over a four years since the last beta release, but beta 5 is really around the corner now! I have finished my first test playthrough of the hack (which I at the same time used for improving plenty of things). Now what is yet left to be done is to play through the hack once again, fix possible errors if there are such that require fixing, and simply release beta 5!

Looking for testers
    Before beta 5 release, I would like to find some players who would have time for playing the hack during this, and the upcoming weeks, and give me:

• Feedback (what was good / bad / what could be improved)
    • Point out possible typos, and bad grammar mistakes
    • Report additional bugs if you find any

I'm a finn myself so naturally my English isn't as good as what the English of native speakers is. Thus there will be small grammar mistakes here and there, but if you find sentences that are difficult to be understood, or if the ordering of the words in a sentence is really weird etc., let me know of these, and provide possible ways of fixing those mistakes.
    I can also provide a list of minor bugs that I won't bother fixing because they might be tedious to handle yet they shouldn't really affect the gaming experience. You can thus ignore these bugs from the ones you find.

I'm pretty sure there won't be many typos, or additional bugs out there. The grammar should be in good in overall as well. In that sense, you as a tester can concentrate on the playing rather than keeping notes about these kinds of errors. But if you find some that I'm not aware of, write them down and point those out once you're done with the testing.

So if you're interested in testing Dark Energy Beta 5, send me PM!

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • wow! I'm very excited to play beta 5. Just one quick question though. Will this be the final beta or is there going to be 1 or two more? That's all i have to ask so have a happy new year Miksy!

miksy91

Years
  • wow! I'm very excited to play beta 5. Just one quick question though. Will this be the final beta or is there going to be 1 or two more? That's all i have to ask so have a happy new year Miksy!
    Happy new year to you too!
    I'm not totally sure, but I believe there will be at least one release coming up that is not the final version (and doesn't include the whole game).

Also like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm looking for some test players for beta 5. I have gotten two requests to test the hack so far, but having a few more wouldn't hurt. If you're willing to test the hack, send me PM :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Happy new year to you too!
    I'm not totally sure, but I believe there will be at least one release coming up that is not the final version (and doesn't include the whole game).

Also like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm looking for some test players for beta 5. I have gotten two requests to test the hack so far, but having a few more wouldn't hurt. If you're willing to test the hack, send me PM :)

Im sent PM! Hope im is a first player for newest version of Pkm DE :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023
    I would love to test this! I played Beta 4 a while ago but would love to help out with anything that involves a hack of my favorite gen. Tester or not I look forward to the rest of your work, enjoy the New Year :)

miksy91

Years
  • Im sent PM! Hope im is a first player for newest version of Pkm DE :)
    Hi,

I replied you back, kametraz. I'm not sure if I really need more testers at this point, but I can consider letting you test the hack once I've handled the issues I'm already aware of.
    I would love to test this! I played Beta 4 a while ago but would love to help out with anything that involves a hack of my favorite gen. Tester or not I look forward to the rest of your work, enjoy the New Year :)
    Thank you Flaon! :)
    And happy new year to you too!

But yeah.. I'm not sure if I need more testers anymore. I have gotten some testers via Dark Energy discord server. I've also gotten plenty of feedback so far. They're all more or less minor improvement suggestions though, and thus based on the feedback, and my own comprehensive testing, I'm quite confident the hack is already in a state where I could hand it out as a public release.

I will yet do some improvements based on the feedback, and after that, another test run which one of the testers from Discord will also do. After making sure once again everything works as intended, I might as well release the hack as beta 5.00. One thing I haven't quite decided is whether or not I should wait for all the testers to finish the hack or not. We'll see..

Nonetheless, even after the public release, I can take more feedback into consideration, and improve the beta 5 content. If you want to help, you could at least provide me with improvement suggestions then :)
    I could later release beta 5.01 with (minor) improvements to beta 5.00 content.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I always play pokemon hacks on real hardware, but my flashcard has no rtc function.
    Would be nice if I can change the in game time easy (like in prism debug version) or if the time could optional change by in game steps gone.

miksy91

Years
  • I always play pokemon hacks on real hardware, but my flashcard has no rtc function.
    Would be nice if I can change the in game time easy (like in prism debug version) or if the time could optional change by in game steps gone.
    I can think about adding such functionality, but I would see it being a very low priority thing to be done. But sure, I'll write this down as one of the things to be checked, and possibly implemented at some point in the future.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Hi,

I replied you back, kametraz. I'm not sure if I really need more testers at this point, but I can consider letting you test the hack once I've handled the issues I'm already aware of.

Hi,
    Thanks!

Edit:
    I hope story will have more insland to satisfy players :))

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
  • Well.. guys and gals, it is done!

Beta 5 of Pokemon Dark Energy is released!

You can now find the download link to Beta 5.00 in the main post of this thread. The main post has been re-written in plenty of other ways as well. There are for example updated Storyline, Features, and ReadMe sections along with plenty of new screenshots of the hack.

If you're not familiar with Pokemon Dark Energy, it is an RPG game implemented as a rom hack on top of Pokemon Silver. The hack should offer you lots excitement via engaging and long gameplay.
    Below, you find see some screenshots of the hack. These ones can be found in the main post as well though.

On the other hand, if you have played Beta 4 before and finished that beta a while back, I unfortunately couldn't maintain the support for letting you use your old save files to continue. You can however use a save file that I have provided. See Returning Beta 4 player? sub section under Downloads section for more details.

Hopefully many of you are willing to try out the hack. It took me a long time to get this done, but here finally is :smile:

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • it's a great month man! not only does adventure red chapter get updated but 2 other rom hacks one of those is yours is completed. congrats Miksy

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    I don't know if anyone is experiencing this bug but when I play Beta 5 on Myoldboy, the hack crashes in the player's bedroom.

Myoldboy crashed for this and a few other rom hacks randomly. Switch to John gbc runs perfect!

Also I got the whooly hat and ran through the cold cave? But I'm trying to run back after beating the flying gym and got cut and I keep fainting trying to run back through the cave. Did I miss something else to keep me warm or am I doing something wrong?

Back