• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DiamondDust [demo released!]

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    An Emerald Hack. Cool.
    I idolize emerald hackers y'know.
    Anyways, onto the hack.
    I like the tree tiles, but the green ground tile seem to be so bright. Maybe its just me, or not.
    Anyways, good luck with the Diamond premake.
    Thanks.
    And the ground color is basically the same compared to that of Platinum's...
    If anything, it's somewhat a bit darker than it, tbh.
    Anyways, it's just that color to keep a similar feel of the game. I may change it to a more official-GBA style type color at some point. The tiles are made to fit in with that bright color atm, though, and I am too lazy to fix everything for nothing so I might as well keep it for now. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Sorry for double-posting, as this isn't technically an update, but I've just realized that the code for the banner in the first post linked to the old thread. >_< I just fixed it, but any supporters should fix their sigs, also. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Can someone explain me, or give me a link to somewhat that can patch the rom to be playable ?

Thanks ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Can someone explain me, or give me a link to somewhat that can patch the rom to be playable ?

Thanks ;)
    I just uploaded the original patch again with a UPS patcher included. :) Just download that and open the patcher... The rest is pretty self-explanatory. xD

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Not bad at all man, this definitely has some potential to be a really great Hack, Stick with this one ;)

Years
  • Guys!

i have a problem regarding downloads!

i downloaded pkmn diamond dust....

but it seems there's a problem!

when im patching it it says

Failed! input checksum...

or something like that.

help, please?

YAGAMI_kira

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Guys!

i have a problem regarding downloads!

i downloaded pkmn diamond dust....

but it seems there's a problem!

when im patching it it says

Failed! input checksum...

or something like that.

help, please?

YAGAMI_kira
    That means your ROM isn't clean, or just is a different version from that of what I'm using to hack. Make sure your ROM is an Emerald BPEE 1.0, and it should work.

I just realized the thread has 69 replies. Haha. -_-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2014
    grr i cant wait because all we can do now is just talk and can't even go out the town also can you change the main character sprites??

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    grr i cant wait because all we can do now is just talk and can't even go out the town also can you change the main character sprites??
    Yeah. I haven't been able to do events past the first few yet because no 4th generation Pokémon have been implemented yet. And yes, the main character sprites are being changed. The demo had a lot of default stuff because it was mainly just for a little gameplay, not to show off all the changed graphics just yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    so are you working on it now?
    Um, kind of. I can't go further in the gameplay storyline until I can get somebody to help guide me through adding the DPPt Pokémon, without replacing existing ones, if it's even possible. If it's too farfetched or not very possible, I'll eventually be lead to overwrite the Hoenn Pokémon, I guess, but I don't plan to overwrite existing Pokémon if I don't have to. This is just a side project until I get around to this. I'm working on a new hack in the meantime anyways, some of which features will be ported to DiamondDust later on, so I'm indirectly working on it with that, too. Either way, any work in the meantime is only graphics, basically.

Back