• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DiamondDust [demo released!]

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    This Hack will be better if Lucus', Dawn's and Barry's OWs are inserted in GBA Form.

Or, if you want, you can insert D/P/P OWs instead.

Like I've said, I'm going to use D/P OWs... The screenshots are early and a lot is still at default atm. I'll be using GBA form on the OWs.

School days again...
    Years
  • Like I've said, I'm going to use D/P OWs... The screenshots are early and a lot is still at default atm. I'll be using GBA form on the OWs.

Do you know Zel!x of Wah, his OWs have DPP ones and they are amazing, try using them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Just a little update.

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the ROM on a clean Emerald. From what I got out of it, it turns out that the clean dynamic offset I was using was somehow rewriting images over time? O.o. That probably doesn't make any sense, but either way, I don't have a total clue what went wrong. I'll just be using a further offset this time, and eventually will extend the rom. This only sets me back like a day or two, and I've only been working on the hack in free time anyways, so not much has changed yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Some news. The first demo is finally released! x]
    Some things you should know:
    - A LOT of the graphics still need replacement, including, but not limited to the OWs, indoor tiles, textbox, some sprites, etc.
    - The gameplay of the demo is rather short. Altogther, the demo is only a few days worth of work. I've just been madly procrastinating on finishing and releasing the demo. The demo ends after the event in Barry's house, with any other gameplay limited to Twinleaf.
    - Some events are changed from the original. Some will stay changed, and some will be added to and/or improved on.
    - The new systems named on the first post I didn't include in this demo. Yes, none are in, including the day/night system(although you still set the clock). Any further releases will have them.
    - Some of the changed tiles/pallettes included may still need improvement.

That's mainly it. Download below.

Demo 62.5kb
    Rapidshare (Note the 10 download limit)
    MegaFileUpload
    Wiki Upload

Last I checked, no other DPPt premakes have had releases yet(that I know of), so I'll technically be the first. Kind of legit. ;). Not that it's that great of a premake at its current stage, just saying, LOL.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Just finished the Demo. You sure know how to script properly and professionaly.

Oh and, there's a glitch.

Pokémon DiamondDust [demo released!]

You can walk into this house.

Best of luck on your further releases.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Whoa, this is actually some good stuff here. I hope you don't stop this.

Just finished the Demo. You sure know how to script properly and professionaly.

Oh and, there's a glitch.

You can walk into this house.

Best of luck on your further releases.
    Thanks both of you for the feedback.

and I just fixed that error. ;)

I'm probably going to release another patch within the next week or so with new sprites and what not, and other various changes/improvements, so look out for that, I guess.

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • This sure is one nifty hack you got there bud! I like your current tiles (they give it a gameboy advanced theme)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    This sure is one nifty hack you got there bud! I like your current tiles (they give it a gameboy advanced theme)
    Thanks, and I was going for that. :P

In other news, I've just started to make OWs. Just a Lucas front for now.

Eh, it's coming along okay overall. Opinions?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Will ya use Hoenn Battle frontier instead of Battle Tower? Will be here origin giratina, sky shaymin and torn world? (I know it isn't platinum premake)
    P.S. There is a thread of project which adds more than 386 pokemon in the hack. Look for it in Rom hacking forum.
    But maybe that project is kinda dead... And it is unknown how to make 2 more eeveelutions 'cause advanced generation games engine can hold maximum 5 evolutions of pokemon. How'll you do?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Your Lucus OW is awesome.
    And y'know what? You're an awesome OW Spriter.

Care to make a Dawn OW? Good luck on your Hack.
    I don't think I'm too great of an OW spriter... but thanks ;)
    and making a Dawn OW too is definately part of the plan... so I'll get on that at some point

Will ya use Hoenn Battle frontier instead of Battle Tower? Will be here origin giratina, sky shaymin and torn world? (I know it isn't platinum premake)
    P.S. There is a thread of project which adds more than 386 pokemon in the hack. Look for it in Rom hacking forum.
    But maybe that project is kinda dead... And it is unknown how to make 2 more eeveelutions 'cause advanced generation games engine can hold maximum 5 evolutions of pokemon. How'll you do?
    I wasn't planning on the Torn World, but yes, Platinum features will be in, like the new formes and what not. I'm kind of on hiatus from working directly on the hack right now, as I'm still waiting on good methods. And yes, I've seen that project's thread. I wouldn't consider it dead. I know there's already existing methods, I just need to get off my arse and get someone to walk me through the process of whatever method I choose to add the pkmn. :D

and yes, I'm most likely going to use a Battle Frontier, but have it be Sinnoh's.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Sweet, keep up the good work John =P

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I cant download from the links given
    wiki link download always gives me corrupted files and the other links not working

pls upload somewhere else

I would love to play a diamond hack!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I changed the download to a thread attachment. It should work now. I should have just done that initially, but oh well.

Last edited:
    Back