• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
  • where did this hack go ??? :(

Sorry, I took a break from it due to irl problems. I got a gall bladder removal surgery and had to recover and plus I've been busy with my 12 hour work days and been playing other games so just been conflicting with my schedule but I'm done with my break and I'm getting back into it now!

Gotta say I understand I was gone and no progress was put out but even during my break seemed like there was no interest and that's what also prolonged my break

Le pug

Years
  • Well, since you're back. Hope you make a huge progress! Hope you recover fully too :P

Thanks! Appreciate it. I've been recovering well and I return to work in a week! By that time, I would have had a nice 17 days of staying at home and relaxing ^^

Trying to finish up the second town now, still trying to figure out minor problems I was having before I took my break then I'll be working on the insides of the buildings of the town then onto the next route!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Glad to see that you're back Le Pug, I hope your recovery continues to go well and I am eagerly awaiting some more progress on your ROM hack. :)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Sorry, I took a break from it due to irl problems. I got a gall bladder removal surgery and had to recover and plus I've been busy with my 12 hour work days and been playing other games so just been conflicting with my schedule but I'm done with my break and I'm getting back into it now!

Gotta say I understand I was gone and no progress was put out but even during my break seemed like there was no interest and that's what also prolonged my break
    Finally announcing we're back in action eh? I'm also back from my problems, I think I was mostly gone all of March, I had to take care of my grandmother before she passed, and she passed, uh, early April, late March. I kinda had a prolong break from the hack because, you know, you pretty much disappeared for a while.

But we're both back from our irl problems and break, so the hack will be out in no time! We just kinda got one script error to take care of, but other than that, and I hope I'm not jinxing anything, no other problems are occuring.

Le pug

Years
  • Finally announcing we're back in action eh? I'm also back from my problems, I think I was mostly gone all of March, I had to take care of my grandmother before she passed, and she passed, uh, early April, late March. I kinda had a prolong break from the hack because, you know, you pretty much disappeared for a while.

But we're both back from our irl problems and break, so the hack will be out in no time! We just kinda got one script error to take care of, but other than that, and I hope I'm not jinxing anything, no other problems are occuring.

Well the script error has been taken care of, which was the only thing slowing us down for the time being so everything is currently back on track which is always a good sign!

Pesky level script: 0 Us: 1

Le pug

Years
  • Time for an update on the progress! We are moving at a great pace at the moment. I've nearly completed the Korowai Hall maze and I gotta say I'm proud. If the person who invented the maze gets stumped going through it, that'll tell you how awesome it'll be. But it'll be fun you'll see. Its horror-themed so prepare for some awesome spooks! Two new fakemon will be added to the pokedex for this maze. Their names are Skuth and Zombite, you can find them on deviantart. After Korowai Hill is complete, all that's left in Korowai Hill is to do the interior buildings for the small homes which will be cake then it's off to Berry City, the over-developed fruitful city of love, happiness, and berries! But it's not all that it is cracked up to be ... But you'll have to see for yourself!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Alright, I have had some time to test the hack and take some screenshots to keep you guys occupied with before the beta comes out (which will be eventually).
    Lightening010.png
    Interested.png
    RopenBucket.png

Starving.png
    Moon-1.png
    Meowth.png

Awake.png
    Berries.png
    Dratini.png

Hall.png
    Halls.png

Granite Guard

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    Nice screens im very hyped for the beta
    Since you switched to emerald i like this hack even more now

Le pug

Years
  • Nice screens im very hyped for the beta
    Since you switched to emerald i like this hack even more now

I'm glad you like them. We are almost done with the second city! Hooray! Then it's off to Tcoppy and I's favorite city in theory so far ! Lol. We're actively working together to come up with new ideas, new twists, new things that'll entice the player. I can't wait for beta to come out for you guys so we can get some feedback.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2015
    Le pug I just wanted to say that ever since I have seen the hack I always ALWAYS check this thread for updates. So don't ever feel that there isn't interest in the game! I am so excited for this game!! I'm glad you are having a nice relaxing break and recovering well. :D

Sorry, I took a break from it due to irl problems. I got a gall bladder removal surgery and had to recover and plus I've been busy with my 12 hour work days and been playing other games so just been conflicting with my schedule but I'm done with my break and I'm getting back into it now!

Le pug I just wanted to say that ever since I have seen the hack I always ALWAYS check this thread for updates. So don't ever feel that there isn't interest in the game! I just don't post because if I did I'd be posting like every day twice a day... which would get annoying. -_- I am so excited for this game!! I'm glad you are having a nice relaxing break and recovering well. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Well this thread will become very active but a release and a good hack are needed for that who knows in one year from now this thread may have as many pages as ashgray hehe
    Thanks, I don't know if Le pug agrees (He probably does but again, I'm not too sure) but I personally do not care at all about how active this thread is right now or in the future. All I care about, and I know Le pug will agree with this, anyway, all we care about is having a great, well developed, story focused, unique hack in store for people. All we ask in return is to have people wait patiently as this hack is being developed and prepared for it's first beta.

Le pug

Years
  • Thanks, I don't know if Le pug agrees (He probably does but again, I'm not too sure) but I personally do not care at all about how active this thread is right now or in the future. All I care about, and I know Le pug will agree with this, anyway, all we care about is having a great, well developed, story focused, unique hack in store for people. All we ask in return is to have people wait patiently as this hack is being developed and prepared for it's first beta.

I actually like when the thread is active, boosts my motivation and also pulls me away from the constant work of building the hack to see what people have to say : P
    And yes ... this hack is very story-intensive. What we're trying to do is engage the player in a way where he knows what's going on, what his or her goals are, and while you're at it, do sidequests to help people in need since this is after all somewhat a story of survival. And engage in pokemon battles of course : P

As Tcoppy said, patience is a virtue because we've promised several times in the past "hey just one more week then we'll release a beta or alpha" but right before that point we're like ... well we could add this and this and oh definitely need to add this before a release and screw it let's just start on the next city lol. We're trying to pinpoint a good point in the story where you can play to and be like wow that was amazing can't wait for the next release whilst leveling your pokemon in the meantime or whatever if you choose to keep playing. We think three cities is a good amount for a first beta so through our false promises in the past lol we can assure you that there will be a beta release once the next city is finished.

If you want to be a beta tester, that's also up for grabs just PM me or sign up on our team discussions thread and I'll hook you up with the latest version so you can tell me what you like and dislike about it.

Le pug

Years
  • I hope u make a full recovery

thanks i'm pretty much done recovering, my incisions are looking good removed the glue off them and they look fine.
    anyways lol thats an odd request but don't worry it'll be easier to download when I put the downloads out because they will be on a github account specifically for Pokemon Discovery ... aka no pesky wait timers or ads or surveys to conduct to get your download or any illegal activity to gain money *cough cough*

On a sidenote for those who love to read these pages, I'll go ahead and say that I've played a lot of hacks and I have to say that Pokemon: Discovery uses like 10x the amount of sounds in the scripts. Like ... once you play you'll understand. I'm a sound effects freak I guess lol. It adds to the gameplay what can I say. Just check out the video I posted a few pages back to understand what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • On a sidenote for those who love to read these pages, I'll go ahead and say that I've played a lot of hacks and I have to say that Pokemon: Discovery uses like 10x the amount of sounds in the scripts. Like ... once you play you'll understand. I'm a sound effects freak I guess lol. It adds to the gameplay what can I say. Just check out the video I posted a few pages back to understand what I mean.

Lots of sound effect, huh? Looks like when I play, I'll need to have the volume on for it lol. Looking forward to the tough gameplay, guys! :-D

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • Hi there is it ok to help with this little operation or at least a beta tester if not that's ok

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Hi there is it ok to help with this little operation or at least a beta tester if not that's ok
    This is not the thread to volunteer to help, either PM me or Le Pug (or both) and we'll consider you as a beta tester. But I'm gonna be perfectly clear, and this is for everybody to know, we will not be answering any volunteer help/recruitment stuff in this thread, either go to the Team Discovery thread actually no, that might've died. :P
    Just pm me or Le Pug or both if you want to join.
    Thanks. :)

Le pug

Years
  • This is not the thread to volunteer to help, either PM me or Le Pug (or both) and we'll consider you as a beta tester. But I'm gonna be perfectly clear, and this is for everybody to know, we will not be answering any volunteer help/recruitment stuff in this thread, either go to the Team Discovery thread actually no, that might've died. :P
    Just pm me or Le Pug or both if you want to join.
    Thanks. :)

i'm thinking this might be it for beta testers. have enough as it is, nothing really necessary to beta test. i'm pretty good at spotting stuff so when it comes to bugs or errors what beta testers we already have pick them up so we dont need any more beta testers... they can wait for the beta release!

Back