• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    Absolutely love the concept of this hack. I like the hacks with a more serious setting; people dying, chaos, not being a 10-year old going on an adventure. Also love that you can get different/interesting kinds of teams from the start. Choosing from an evolution from Eevee for example is absolutely fantastic and original! (although I wanted to start with Sylvean :p)

That said, I'm playing all hacks on my Android phone and the bag doesn't seem to be working. That's a bit sad, because you just need it so much. Doesn't matter from where I try to access the bag, it never works. So if I want to throw a pokéball in a fight, the game crashes (just a black screen), or the same when buying potions and/or just looking at your bag from the start menu. Everything else seemed to be working so far though. The game first crashed when I got into the first town.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Absolutely love the concept of this hack. I like the hacks with a more serious setting; people dying, chaos, not being a 10-year old going on an adventure. Also love that you can get different/interesting kinds of teams from the start. Choosing from an evolution from Eevee for example is absolutely fantastic and original! (although I wanted to start with Sylvean :p)

That said, I'm playing all hacks on my Android phone and the bag doesn't seem to be working. That's a bit sad, because you just need it so much. Doesn't matter from where I try to access the bag, it never works. So if I want to throw a pokéball in a fight, the game crashes (just a black screen), or the same when buying potions and/or just looking at your bag from the start menu. Everything else seemed to be working so far though. The game first crashed when I got into the first town.

I've found a bug, when I try to open the bag, I get a black screen and the game stops, at any time I try it won't open. Last time I opened it the game stopped and I lost my save files. :\ Can you help me?

EDIT: Fixed it, it was the emulator :|

Either it's the emulator or the type of Emerald ROM you're using. I downloaded it and applied to my copy of EM and it works fine.

As for all the other bugs in the thread, I'll be fixing them tomorrow and then fixing up the beta patch and releasing the latest puzzle with it

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    I'll try using a different rom and see how it goes. A bit weird though, since I've played around 10 hacks on my phone with that exact rom base and they all worked fine. Maybe it's a problem with NUPS? Not sure. Will try a different patcher as well.

Appreciate the response though :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    Sorry for the double post, but it warrants its own post. I've now had issues in 2 games with ups files, and it seemed it was caused by the NUPS program. I've now patched both hacks (Discovery and pokémon Gaia) with a different patcher and now they both seem to work great.

I've now used the Tsukuyomi UPS patcher (which creates a different file with a different .extension, but you need to remove that extension and use that file). So for anyone with a similar problem you might want to advise using a different patcher (or including a different patcher in the download file).

Anyway, thanks for making this rom. It's incredibly well made.

Cheers

iClipse

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • After much deliberation, with a heavy heart I am announcing the cancellation of Pokemon Discovery.

Nah, jk fools! This is a project that if it takes 5 years will be finished!
    Just a quick update: We've actually decided to redo the entire ROM. I know this hurts your savestates but just know it's for the better and by the time beta 2 is released, all events, scripts, and even graphics will be revamped and you will probably forget most of the events let's be honest. Anyways, we're going to start off with LL's 650 patch so we have more pokemon slots to work with. Also, in his patch are a few new things such as updated moves, types, etc. The only thing we are excluding is the xp gain per pokemon capture. Let's not be silly!

With this info, just know it really doesn't take that long to transfer everything over. The benefits of this outweigh any cons. It's like a massive clean-up since I developed this hack as I learned to hack. Now with my more advanced abilities at inserting/updating/creating maps, scripting, etc. I'm going to ensure that not as much space goes to waste. This will eliminate most bugs and also enhance the playability of the hack.

Things that will be added to the latest version:
    --Updated scripts
    --Dialogue cuts
    --More custom items
    --More items on maps
    --Updated OWs
    --Updated battle backgrounds
    --PokeShelf system in Excultus Village (we know you wanted it)
    --Pika Does mini-game completion
    --Mysterious Cave / Path mini-puzzle
    --First available orb of the game
    --Swarm events
    --TM Revamp (no technology = No TM? Pshh we got around that..)
    --New abilities (including Adaptability for Eevee)
    --New moves (on top of the ones from 650 patch)
    --More well rope and bucket events
    --More animations (including water tiles for Excultus Village)
    --Most importantly: A new in-depth means of getting your eeveelution (amazing, really)
    To better understand the eeveelution thing, you no longer randomly choose your eeveelution from a dream state. You don't have to get rid of your level 6 or level 7 eevee for a level 5 leafeon for example. Your same eevee will evolve to the eeveelution of your choice, you keep the stats, and it'll be attached to an awesome event for each specific eeveelution.

So for the TM thing, we will be implementing a Move Teacher. You will find Move Scrolls around the island and return them to him and he will teach your Pokemon on the pretense that you beat him in battle. His pokemon will use the move that you want to learn only as a means of teaching you its strength (if its with a defensive ability like Safeguard then the pokemon will also have a basic attack). His pokemon levels will be based on the levels around him in the routes. As you move along in the story and go to new towns and cities, he will have more moves available to sell to you or you will be able to redeem more move scrolls you've found along the way and the pokemon will almost always match your level to make the event not too hard, not too easy. Feedback welcomed!

More features might be implemented, but this is the list off the top of my head. Any questions, suggestions, feedback, feel free to input here so we can update the hack to better accommodate those who are playing. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1c1c9cc9142542188742123158_700wa_0.gif

jk.

Glad that you will use the 650 patch! And I wouldn't mind starting over, my team was terrible.

Years
  • You troll! I actually thought you cancelled the hack in that second of space before I read you were joking. >:(

But yeah I'm totally fine with you restarting the hack and it'll be nice to see the changes you put in. Funny enough, the only thing I care about is how you got over the whole "TM" thing. That's the real mystery. :P

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • This was already the best hack I've ever played. I didn't think that it could possibly be better than it already is, and now you're remaking it!
    First of all, thanks for the compliments, second of all, you actually brings up a really good topic:

For a while now, we've been thinking about starting the hack over for a long time. We just didn't in the past because we wanted people to keep using their old saves. However, more problems started to occur, random glitches just kept popping up one after the other, and then the other part of restarting is what Le Pug said, we wanted more space, and with the other rom we've been wasting space. With more space however, we can do even greater things than we never shared to you guys yet. Thanks for all the support and love for this hack everyone! The wait will be worth it (again)!

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    Yes im glad this stupid hack canceled 0/10 grafics 0/10 story fufufufuf
    I hope remake atleast playable for 10 mins before i delete rom fufufu

elcaptino

the one
    Years
  • It's alright i'm with you all along you have my full support i can beta test and if you need any help pm me i can do what i can do :P

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • After much deliberation, with a heavy heart I am announcing the cancellation of Pokemon Discovery.

Nah, jk fools! This is a project that if it takes 5 years will be finished!
    Just a quick update: We've actually decided to redo the entire ROM. I know this hurts your savestates but just know it's for the better and by the time beta 2 is released, all events, scripts, and even graphics will be revamped and you will probably forget most of the events let's be honest. Anyways, we're going to start off with LL's 650 patch so we have more pokemon slots to work with. Also, in his patch are a few new things such as updated moves, types, etc. The only thing we are excluding is the xp gain per pokemon capture. Let's not be silly!

With this info, just know it really doesn't take that long to transfer everything over. The benefits of this outweigh any cons. It's like a massive clean-up since I developed this hack as I learned to hack. Now with my more advanced abilities at inserting/updating/creating maps, scripting, etc. I'm going to ensure that not as much space goes to waste. This will eliminate most bugs and also enhance the playability of the hack.

Things that will be added to the latest version:
    --Updated scripts
    --Dialogue cuts
    --More custom items
    --More items on maps
    --Updated OWs
    --Updated battle backgrounds
    --PokeShelf system in Excultus Village (we know you wanted it)
    --Pika Does mini-game completion
    --Mysterious Cave / Path mini-puzzle
    --First available orb of the game
    --Swarm events
    --TM Revamp (no technology = No TM? Pshh we got around that..)
    --New abilities (including Adaptability for Eevee)
    --New moves (on top of the ones from 650 patch)
    --More well rope and bucket events
    --More animations (including water tiles for Excultus Village)
    --Most importantly: A new in-depth means of getting your eeveelution (amazing, really)
    To better understand the eeveelution thing, you no longer randomly choose your eeveelution from a dream state. You don't have to get rid of your level 6 or level 7 eevee for a level 5 leafeon for example. Your same eevee will evolve to the eeveelution of your choice, you keep the stats, and it'll be attached to an awesome event for each specific eeveelution.

So for the TM thing, we will be implementing a Move Teacher. You will find Move Scrolls around the island and return them to him and he will teach your Pokemon on the pretense that you beat him in battle. His pokemon will use the move that you want to learn only as a means of teaching you its strength (if its with a defensive ability like Safeguard then the pokemon will also have a basic attack). His pokemon levels will be based on the levels around him in the routes. As you move along in the story and go to new towns and cities, he will have more moves available to sell to you or you will be able to redeem more move scrolls you've found along the way and the pokemon will almost always match your level to make the event not too hard, not too easy. Feedback welcomed!

More features might be implemented, but this is the list off the top of my head. Any questions, suggestions, feedback, feel free to input here so we can update the hack to better accommodate those who are playing. Thanks!
    Phew, for second I was thinking... another Great Hack Cancelled{XD} but Good Luck on the Restarting Discovery, Le Pug :)

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2015
    Might I suggest the ability to name the species of Pokemon rather than have them already set. You are, after all, on a journey to discover these mythical creatures. Also if you haven't already I suggest instead of just suddenly adding wood balls (which make no sense) that you include a bit of story with balls made from apricorns.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2015
    Great to here all the new goodies in store!

GAMPLAY SPOILER!!!!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2015
    I tried patching it to emerald rom and it won't patch? I also tried firered ruby same thing it says files does not patch?

Back