• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Distant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I actually hated my old idea... which is why it's restarted. I only put those rewards up there so people think I'm not some guy who recently discovered AMAP and thinks he can hack with just that. :)

Click the links below. (And no, I'm not going to close this thread ever (unless some moron decides to post spoilers) and I'm not going to restart again either, mainly because I absolutely love my current idea)
    Distant 2
    Distant Original
    I'm fairly certain I won all the awards when I was currently working on the original... but I may be wrong. And Distant 2 isn't a sequel, just a different thread.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Oh, I remember seeing that title screen about a year ago (or a half year ago :P) in the titlescreen forum... It seems you keep changing your stories, but this is really the best one, also looks like you have a lot of experience. So something really good will probably come out of this :)

Good luck ;)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    As of now, I'm making little progress. All the maps I want for the alpha (which will be a total of 4 outdoor, 2 indoor (only counting the indoor ones that are relevant to the story)) are completed. Now it's a matter of me fixing my Advance Map to actually be able to do stuff other than map (like add events and such)
    Most of the scripts are done or near completion, so once A-Map is fixed, I can move on with testing the scripts, and eventually releasing an alpha... which I predict will be coming late June.

Edit: Titlescreen from the old distant will be back in this new one!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Time for a little feature update that will be displayed in the front post:

Features

150 Pokémon Available
    You will only see, and be able to catch 150 Pokémon. No, it is not going to be the original 150 Pokemon. The Pokedex will feature completely different Pokemon than the 150 Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow. Distant's Pokedex will be shown at a different time.
    10 Fakemon
    10 Fakemon will be added to Distant. 3 of them being legendary, and 7 others. The 7 others will be playing a somewhat important role in this hack, but you will not know what that role is until a release. =)
    3 Playable Regions
    Well... more like 2.5. The regions that will be playable are Kelios - which is the Player's home region. Post-Apocalypse Kelios, which will be Kelios after the cataclysm, and Uranje - which will be the region you're taken to after you're captured.
    New Badge System: Insignias
    Yep. That's right. No more of that "go through 8 gyms while dealing with Team Rocket!!" business. Insignias are awarded to you after defeating a Rocket Executive. The Insignias will give you access to certain locations, and also give you power of using brand new HMs!
    1 New Hidden Move: Time Warp
    I'm not going into too much detail about Time Warp. Just the fact that you can warp through time to a different point in the game. Yes, before I get hate, it IS functional, and only a select few Pokémon will be able to learn it!
    Graphical Overhaul
    What I'm planning on doing, is replacing each and every tile, overworld, and Pokémon sprite by the final release. Due to this tedious process, it will not happen suddenly. I will be changing it throughout releases. For example: Beta One might have the tile change and nothing else.
    New Music
    Because I am slowly learning how to incorporate new music into hacks, and create my own, the hack will feature a select few of my works. Not everything will be changed though, as of now, only Battles (Wild, Trainer, Gym, Rival) and Team Rocket encounters.
    Professional Mapping and Scripting
    The mapping and scripting will be top-notch in this hack. (I'm so modest) I plan on trying to have the most beautiful maps and most enormous and in-depth scripts you've ever seen. Mapping, most of you know I'm very good at, but not many of you have seen my scripts... which I can say, are equally as impressive as my maps.
    A Hack Which Will be Completed
    I've promised this from the start, back in 2008 -- I will complete Distant, no matter how long it takes me, or how tedious it becomes.

Also, I'll be making sure to update the front post in a moment!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Ooh, Time Warp. I'm very interested in this.
    I'm also anxious to see what kind of tiles you put in this. Your maps are usually great, so I'm going to assume that your tiles will match. A true artist will seek out the best materials. ;)
    Another thing that appeals to me: You're only including 150 Pokemon in this. Too many hacks want to jam in as many Pokemon as possible without consideration for whether or not it makes sense to have those Pokemon, as well as the fact that no region is that diverse with its species.
    As always, I look forward to updates from this hack.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    As far as tiling goes, since nobody has stepped up yet, I'm going to do them all myself. Don't be too scared guys, people have complimented my older work... just need to actually practice some more.

Probably going with Trial and Error... meaning, I'm making maybe 5-6 of each type of object, and keeping what people will consider the best =D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Update!

Fakemon

Non-Legendary

Falinx -- The second evolution of Pineco. Has extremely high defense and special defense. Other stats remain the same as Forretress. Bug/Steel

Ragaar -- A completely new Pokémon. High special attack. Fire/Electric

Ragnurar -- The evolution of Ragaar. Has extremely high special attack. Fire/Electric

Vesuvioshok -- A Pokemon that looks almost like a mountain. Has high special defense, and special attack. Very low attack and defense. Rock/Electric

Kalfi -- The prevolution of Tauros and Miltank. Evolves into either at 20. Males will be Tauros, females will be Miltank. Normal.

Slugemar -- The evolution of Muk. Poison. (Yes, we will finally have a very strong poison type)

Poltar -- A phantom... of some sort! Water/Ghost

Legendaries

Sarkaz -- Manipulates land. Extremely high attack, and health. Rock/Ground

Myrmar -- Nothing is known of this Pokémon.

??? -- No data.

More information on Myrmar and ??? will come with a future release, but it's too early to say anything on them now.

Zones

Spoiler:

Post-Apocalypse Kelios consists of the exact same zones as regular Kelios, so it'd be useless restating all of them!

Keep posting your opinions or questions, guys! I'd love to hear them.

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • This hack looks great, just really really great.

First off, I really like the story line, quite gripping. I like how Team Rocket took over the world, not just being a gang.

Secondly, I also really like the Time Warp move, but I'm wondering how the player will use it.

Thirdly, I'm also a huge fan of the titlescreen [good job Thrace( i think) i really like the background and the charzard.]

The final thing is I really like how your putting in a small amount of fakemon, but they all play a role in the hack.

Good luck with progress, I can't wait for the alpha/beta.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Hey there, I was just wondering if you could upload some of the Fakemon sprites, so we could get an idea of what they are/what they do. And, how are your doing on the hack?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Hey there, I was just wondering if you could upload some of the Fakemon sprites, so we could get an idea of what they are/what they do. And, how are your doing on the hack?
    None of them have been sprited yet.

ATM, I'm working on learning how to make my own OW sprites...

(No, I'm not showing you progress on them until I get them perfect ;))

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I support this with all my heart...

I DO I DO I DO I DO

I give you the best of wishes...

Don't die on us please

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back