• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Distant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Pokémon Distant! - Now 30% more Time Warpier.

Pokémon Distant!

A FireRed Hack by Disturbed!

Old Awards

Spoiler:

Prologue

Spoiler:

Storyline

The stuff that happens after the Prologue
    You are trapped in the prison cell named 'CONFINEMENT CENTER A' where Team Rocket is holding you. You have no memory of how you got there, or any events that happened before that. Upon escaping that prison cell, along with Mara, the Gym Leader of Marinur Peninsula, you find that the entire region has been completely overtaken by Team Rocket. Ralph, the current leader of Team Rocket is a tyrant in this region. If you do not follow his code of law, you will be imprisoned immediately. Ralph is a merciless leader. You and Mara decide to momentarily split apart. Mara will be building a rebellion, while you find more information about what the region.

Later on, you bump into a Team Rocket grunt, who immediately identifies you as one of the people that was imprisoned. He threatens to bring you back there... and promptly battles you. Upon you beating him, he mentions that your friend 'Mara' has been recaptured, and placed in 'CONFINEMENT CENTER D' - the highest security prison in Uranje.

You are now faced with three tasks at hand: One being stop Team Rocket, and drive them out of Uranje. The second: Rescue Mara from 'CONFINEMENT CENTER D'. The third: Find your way back home.Unfortunately, things go from bad to worse. You find out that there is something Team Rocket is after, located deep beneath the crust of your region, Kelios. Ralph, being a psychopath, captures Sarkaz. Sarkaz is a Pokémon that has the ability to completely manipulate land. (There is a difference between Sarkaz and Groudon. Sarkaz can completely break and bend land to its will. Groudon just droughts land, making it lose heavy amounts of water.) What Team Rocket is after underneath Kelios is beyond anyone's knowledge... but whatever it is, they want it bad enough to completely wipe a region from the map.

Features

150 Pokémon Available
    You will only see, and be able to catch 150 Pokémon. No, it is not going to be the original 150 Pokemon. The Pokedex will feature completely different Pokemon than the 150 Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow. Distant's Pokedex will be shown at a different time.
    10 Fakemon
    10 Fakemon will be added to Distant. 3 of them being legendary, and 7 others. The 7 others will be playing a somewhat important role in this hack, but you will not know what that role is until a release. =)
    3 Playable Regions
    Well... more like 2.5. The regions that will be playable are Kelios - which is the Player's home region. Post-Apocalypse Kelios, which will be Kelios after the cataclysm, and Uranje - which will be the region you're taken to after you're captured.
    New Badge System: Insignias
    Yep. That's right. No more of that "go through 8 gyms while dealing with Team Rocket!!" business. Insignias are awarded to you after defeating a Rocket Executive. The Insignias will give you access to certain locations, and also give you power of using brand new HMs!
    1 New Hidden Move: Time Warp
    I'm not going into too much detail about Time Warp. Just the fact that you can warp through time to a different point in the game. Yes, before I get hate, it IS functional, and only a select few Pokémon will be able to learn it!
    Graphical Overhaul
    What I'm planning on doing, is replacing each and every tile, overworld, and Pokémon sprite by the final release. Due to this tedious process, it will not happen suddenly. I will be changing it throughout releases. For example: Beta One might have the tile change and nothing else.
    New Music
    Because I am slowly learning how to incorporate new music into hacks, and create my own, the hack will feature a select few of my works. Not everything will be changed though, as of now, only Battles (Wild, Trainer, Gym, Rival) and Team Rocket encounters.
    Professional Mapping and Scripting
    The mapping and scripting will be top-notch in this hack. (I'm so modest) I plan on trying to have the most beautiful maps and most enormous and in-depth scripts you've ever seen. Mapping, most of you know I'm very good at, but not many of you have seen my scripts... which I can say, are equally as impressive as my maps.
    A Hack Which Will be Completed
    I've promised this from the start, back in 2008 -- I will complete Distant, no matter how long it takes me, or how tedious it becomes.

Progress

Mapping and Scripting
    Kelios - 23%
    Uranje - 5%
    Kelios: Post Apocalypse - 8%

Graphical Interface and Tiles
    Kelios - 75%
    Uranje - 50%
    Kelios: Post Apocalypse - 5%
    Battle: 0%

Overworlds
    Kelios - 20%
    Uranje - 10%
    Kelios: Post Apocalypse - 10%
    Battle: 0%

Ideas
    Kelios - 100%
    Uranje - 60%
    Kelios: Post Apocalpyse - 20%

Screens

Spoiler:

Additional

.~`HELP NEEDED`~.
    I really would appreciate a Userbar. (post in thread)
    And I need heavy assistance with Overworld spriting, and tile making. If you're interested in either of those roles, PM me please with examples.

BETA TESTERS: If you ask to beta test, you will be ignored. I hardly see a need for Beta Testers, but I have already selected whom I want to test for me.

.~`CREDITS`~.
    Lu-Ho for Advance Map 1.92
    Hackmew for XSE, A-Trainer
    ??? for unLZ
    EarthsVisitor for teaching me how to properly script. (<3 ya dude)
    Thrace for the title screen
    silver319 for YAPE

--Really appreciate all the work you guys put into constructing these tools! =)

DISCLAIMER
    ***When there are further releases of this hack, please do NOT mention anything related to the storyline. I do not want to see a single post mentioning anything that happens that is not in the story I mentioned above, or else this hack will no longer be public. I will remove any current downloads, and will get the thread locked. The hack will only be available to friends when completed. This may seem harsh, but this is going to be an extremely story-heavy hack, and I want absolutely NO spoilers.***

Also, please read the story if you haven't. You'll be much more interested in the hack than if you were to just look at my screenies. (I know, I too hate reading the storylines a lot. :))

Pokémon Distant!

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Alrighty then. Let's see if I can't remember some of my three paragraph, carefully-worded post that I wrote only to have lost thanks to Manipulation's modding antics.

1. Nice storyline. It'll be hard to pull off in a hack but if you can do it, I know that it'll be awesome to play
    2. I like the whole Kelios/Apocalyptic Kelios idea. It reminds me of the Light World/Dark World thing from LoZ: Four Swords.
    3. I'm eagerly anticipating the concept art for the three custom legendary Pokémon
    4. I'm also eager to see how you plan to replace the gym system, as well as what the new HM is going to be. Honestly, I'm eager to see pretty much everything on your features list. Though I'm particularly curious as to what you mean by a "New User Interface"
    5. The mapping is amazing, as always. Though you never fixed those two tile errors in that one map (screenshot 3)

It's good to have you back, man. Keep up the excellent work!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Alrighty then. Let's see if I can't remember some of my three paragraph, carefully-worded post that I wrote only to have lost thanks to Manipulation's modding antics.

1. Nice storyline. It'll be hard to pull off in a hack but if you can do it, I know that it'll be awesome to play
    2. I like the whole Kelios/Apocalyptic Kelios idea. It reminds me of the Light World/Dark World thing from LoZ: Four Swords.
    3. I'm eagerly anticipating the concept art for the three custom legendary Pokémon
    4. I'm also eager to see how you plan to replace the gym system, as well as what the new HM is going to be. Honestly, I'm eager to see pretty much everything on your features list. Though I'm particularly curious as to what you mean by a "New User Interface"
    5. The mapping is amazing, as always. Though you never fixed those two tile errors in that one map (screenshots 3)

It's good to have you back, man. Keep up the excellent work!

#5 - I thought it looked dumb otherwise. If it really bothers you, I'll fix it.

oh, and the HM... plays an important role as to why you get to fully visit Kelios, and Post-Apocalypse Kelios.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    um hi. when I first read the storyline I was like "whut, this sounds kinda like a game I recently played...OH YEAH! FALLOUT 3!". it does, you know. so, like, its freakin awesome to see you hacking again...even though I'm not. xD epic luck on this dude.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Woo welcome back. I'm liking the Falloutesque story. Your maps are nice as usual =D
    Also, I like the names Mara and Sarkaz, hehe.
    Don't be givin away mah secret cameos in mah hack.

It's nothing like Fallout. You'll all come to see >.>

('cept for the wasteland part... that's kinda like it)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    You're back in hacking??
    Great, the Mapping looks amazing, and I love the story.
    Really looking forward to this hack. :3

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    I really like the story, and the idea of 3 regions. Will you be changing the Hero's OW though? Guess it doesn't matter. The mapping is stunning, too~

Keep up the great work.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Of course the hero's Overworld will be changed - as soon as I get myself someone decent for that role. I can't do it by myself :|

Jesse, I swear to god if you mentioned anything I told you last night in that post, I'll eat your family. XD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    ~

Of course the hero's Overworld will be changed - as soon as I get myself someone decent for that role. I can't do it by myself :|

Jesse, I swear to god if you mentioned anything I told you last night in that post, I'll eat your family. XD

YES YOU CAN
    AND PLEASE DON'T EAT JESSE I LIKE HIM

Anyway story looks nice and catastrophic. I'm excited to see how you're going to represent the whole "world's-going-to-go-boom" thing and how it's going to look. Maps are pleasant too, coming from a decent mapper. :3

Good luck ugly.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    jus wat wi ned anothr n00b runin bout
    Omg, ish looking very seshkey.
    I looking forward to this.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    For now, this is the best I can do as far as updates go.
    It's Marinur Peninsula. Please don't mind the top part of the tower, as you won't see that area in game.
    Also, don't mind the lack of tree shading. I'm planning on removing the shading to make room for more tiles/block edits.
    EDIT: The area around the PC and the Mart are most likely going to be changed before a release to make this city a bit more navigable.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    It's good to see you're back! It's like you haven't lost your touch in mapping, though it's a bit different from last time. Have you changed your style? Or is it me? :P Anyway, good luck!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    OMG! I remember this hack.
    Good luck on this, really, good luck!

EDIT: I got bored, so I made you this:

Pokémon Distant!

I used the recent map you posted. Its not great, but I hope you like it. :)

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    Great Storyline. I am interested as to what a high security would look like. Electric Fences? Barbed Wire?

I love the name too, sounds mysterious.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    OMG! I remember this hack.
    Good luck on this, really, good luck!

EDIT: I got bored, so I made you this:

Pokémon Distant!

I used the recent map you posted. Its not great, but I hope you like it. :)
    Really appreciate it! Thanks!

It's good to see you're back! It's like you haven't lost your touch in mapping, though it's a bit different from last time. Have you changed your style? Or is it me? :P Anyway, good luck!
    My style has been changed to add a bit more playability through the maps.... with a goal of still having an equal amount of naturalness.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
    Great Story! No really, although there is only a Prologue and an After-Prologue, I was sucked into it :P Great thinking on that part. The mapping style in the in game screens look great ;) Although I don't really like the map you recently posted... The island has a really natural form and so do the rest of the mountainous area's, which is good. But I don't like your tree, hedge and house placement. But, the playability is fine, so I'm guessing that's what you were going for. But this isn't the map rating forum :P

Your features look good and possible. The names of the three legendaries are really cool too :) I'm really interested in the new HM and the "new user interface". The game is really original and "the amazing storyline" part should be bolded, highlighted and put in a huge font :P

Anyway, I wish you a lot of luck and I really hope you complete this! ;)

Oh and just wondering, looking at all those rewards and people who know this hack, is it being restarted? And if so, is the old thread still somewhere? :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back