• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum 2

Years
    Correct, the script for the Badge # check is as you have there.

The $Trainer.badges[2] is the script used after defeating Gym #3.

Sorry, I responded to you shortly after waking up and I wasn't very clear in my response.

I think that makes sense and I think I understand the issue now. When HIDDENMOVESCOUNTBADGES = false, BADGEFORSURF = 3 means that you need the fourth badge to able to surf. The fourth badge would be awarded by $Trainer.badges[3]=true. Because you have $Trainer.badges[2]=true, this actually gives the player the third badge, which isn't the badge required to use surf.

There are two ways to fix this. Either change BADGEFORSURF = 2 to require the third badge (Petra Village), or change $Trainer.badges[2]=true to $Trainer.badges[3]=true to give the player the fourth badge when they defeat the fire gym.

Years
    I think that makes sense and I think I understand the issue now. When HIDDENMOVESCOUNTBADGES = false, BADGEFORSURF = 3 means that you need the fourth badge to able to surf. The fourth badge would be awarded by $Trainer.badges[3]=true. Because you have $Trainer.badges[2]=true, this actually gives the player the third badge, which isn't the badge required to use surf.

There are two ways to fix this. Either change BADGEFORSURF = 2 to require the third badge (Petra Village), or change $Trainer.badges[2]=true to $Trainer.badges[3]=true to give the player the fourth badge when they defeat the fire gym.

I'll change that around this afternoon, see if it will help resolve things.

Thanks for helping out with these suggestions!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2021
    hi. sorry if this has been asked previously, but can you please add the accessibility scripts that notimportant and silverwind are making once it is released?

Years
    hi. sorry if this has been asked previously, but can you please add the accessibility scripts that notimportant and silverwind are making once it is released?

Actually, you are the first person to mention and I had no idea what it was until I searched. Sure! Once they release it for Essentials I will see if I can do that, I'm running version 17.2 or something so I will have to make sure that isn't an issue.

Years
    End of the week update: I've finally finished programming the Gym in Riga Village after four weeks of working on it!

This is going to be the hardest puzzle to complete in all of the gyms, as you must navigate a trap-laden maze to find a switch that will open the passage to the Gym Leader. Of course, there are also a bunch of fake switches that will result in dire misfortunes if pressed. There are even some local rumors that the walls of the maze will shift from time to time....

Pokémon Electrum 2

Years
    Starting off the week with a LOT of progress!

The next Beta will likely come after the New Year since I can't use my internet to upload anything 🙄
    But, this will also allow me time to get a lot more content packed in!

Here's a look at 3 routes plus Port Batumi, site of the 8th gym!
    Pokémon Electrum 2

Years
    End of the week update (a day early):

10 out of 12 gyms have now been programmed!

Currently on track to finish the game before the New Year and release the update in early January.

However, I must stress based on recent emails that you take a look at the last point on the main post "Important Notes", because that day is almost here.

Finally, due to consistent errors with HM Items I have decided to cut them from the game. The only HM you'll have will be for Surf, which will be obtained later in the game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is Nudel a good pokemon? Also, are those creatures related to the green Pokemon that kinda have a similar sprite? Also what type are those creature beast things?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does the Cruz line learn any dragon type attacks in this game? That was a major problem I had with them in the first game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, Is there a lucky egg somewhere? I have talked to basically everybody up to Astana City and I haven't found one.

Also, how do Porygon and Porygon 2 evolve?

Edit: what is the Digital type strong against? Also besides Fairy is anything else immune to it?

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, Is there a lucky egg somewhere? I have talked to basically everybody up to Astana City and I haven't found one.

Also, how do Porygon and Porygon 2 evolve?

Edit: what is the Digital type strong against? Also besides Fairy is anything else immune to it?

Yes, there is a Lucky Egg present. Not sure it's available before Hrodna Town though.

Porygon will evolve at Level 30 after the update due to an error. Porygon2 can then evolve via Heart Stone or Shiny Stone. If you are curious about any others I have attached a document to the downloads section with information on changed evolution methods/levels.

Digital Type is strong against Electric-types with Fairy being the only immunity, though Bug, Steel and Ghost resist them.

Years
    I've updated the main post's screenshot to showcase everything I've posted since starting this thread.

The new image that shows an interior with a timer in the top-right corner is what has been completed today. Inside of this building you will be required to make your way through as the lights go off and on, reaching the exit before the time runs out.

Back