• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum Version

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
    Years
    https://imgur.com/a/iDIjUXh

I'm currently having a bug in Goldenrod City. I've already defeated Whitney but it's not letting me leave the city. I notice that when I leave/exit the gym that Kris' sprite shows up but disappears. I'm assuming that we have to battle her? As well the Team Rocket Grunt is gone already and they are saying I saved the Radio Tower, which I haven't done yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    https://imgur.com/a/iDIjUXh

I'm currently having a bug in Goldenrod City. I've already defeated Whitney but it's not letting me leave the city. I notice that when I leave/exit the gym that Kris' sprite shows up but disappears. I'm assuming that we have to battle her? As well the Team Rocket Grunt is gone already and they are saying I saved the Radio Tower, which I haven't done yet.

Thanks for the screenshot, that was a huge help! So the thing with Kris appears to be a cancelled event, just deleted that error on my end.

Can you clarify who is the person saying you've already saved the radio tower?

yugoslavfub

Years
    Thanks for the screenshot, that was a huge help! So the thing with Kris appears to be a cancelled event, just deleted that error on my end.

Can you clarify who is the person saying you've already saved the radio tower?

The police/guard threw me off a bit because he said the tower hand been cleared. But I hadn't done that yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    The Rocket Guard is no longer in the front of the building, since it's too early in the game for them to be gone. However, I can enter the tower and the guard/police NPC is saying thanks for saving the tower.

The radio tower event takes place as soon as you defeat Whitney. So this is a crunchy pickle...

Defeating Whitney removes the guard from in front of the radio tower, allowing access to the event. But in order for that guard to be in front of the stairs, the Radio Tower event switch has to be on, and the only way for that to happen is for you to defeat Ariana at the top.

It seems that somehow, your RadioTower switch is on. That's why the guard is there at the steps. However, if it is on, then you should be able to proceed north and onto the next route. Because the script will not permit you to pass unless the switch is on....

If the switch turned on at any point, the next time you entered Goldenrod you'd have some dialogue from Silver, too.

This is very strange....

Years
    I did manage to get into the stairs and clear the Rockets out of the Radio Tower, so everything is working now apparently.

That's great, I'm glad it's working for you now!

I also have to say thank you, as looking for that potential error I found that Whitney's overworld sprite was replaced by the final sprite I added.

yugoslavfub

Years
    Another minor error to report, after beating the bug contest in the National Park, I entered the tall grass that leads to the south outside of the gateway. Had an encounter start (didn't even see the mon) but the game crashed w/o issuing any script errors.

EDIT: I think it is because of the egg in the park and getting it while the contest is going on. So you have seven slots instead of six.

Last edited:
    Years
    Beta 3.0 will be available tomorrow! I tried once again to upload it from home and once it got past 60% it started going backwards 🙄

This will fix all of the errors outlined on the main page and should just about cover everything. I don't recommend downloading if you're already well into the game and don't want to risk having to restart. As again, I have no idea how save files for this program work.

A few odd glitches here and there seem to be isolated thankfully, but please do report critical errors and I will help you as best I can.

On the sequel: Things are moving along much faster than I expected! I should be starting on the maps and events by the end of next week, as almost all of the internal data and graphics are finished! I'll have a thread up for that once the demo is ready so until then, here's a quick glimpse of the Shinto Region!
    Spoiler:

Years
    Beta 3.0 is now available!

Again, if you're well into the game and don't want to risk losing your save, you don't need to download this version.

If you have trouble with this download please let me know.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Thanks for stopping by!

I'm not aware of any turbo or speed increase things. I've played a few games made using Essentials and they didn't have them either.

No worries at all, it's a feature that seems to be catching on in a lot of fan-made games. This feature is found in games like Insurgence, reborn and Rejuvenation.

Dragontv48

WindGale
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    When I was trying to evolve my Gohng when I reach level 25 noting happen. I don't know what the cause of it not evolving? I talk to the npc and they just mention it evolves at 25 in to two forms depending on the gender. I was trying to use it to beat Whitney but, my golem took care of her gym good enough.

Years
    When I was trying to evolve my Gohng when I reach level 25 noting happen. I don't know what the cause of it not evolving? I talk to the npc and they just mention it evolves at 25 in to two forms depending on the gender. I was trying to use it to beat Whitney but, my golem took care of her gym good enough.

Sorry about that, that was a text error that has since been corrected.

It evolves at level 30 depending on gender. 🙂

Years
    No worries at all, it's a feature that seems to be catching on in a lot of fan-made games. This feature is found in games like Insurgence, reborn and Rejuvenation.

Oh okay, I've not played any of those.

If I'm not mistaken the guy who makes the tutorial videos that I go by has one on speeding up the game, I'll have to check on that.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Yooo, i just clocked in my first 2 hours in version 3 and I must say, I'm very impressed. I love how you've taken a lot of liberties in remapping the existing Johto towns and even interconnecting some of them like Dark Cave. I do have a small gripe and that's the the game music. I dig how you've pretty much given the towns/cities their respective Johto music as well as Wild Pokemon battles, but the original theme tracks for the Team Rocket battle, Rival battle and trainer battle are missing.

I didn't mean to sound nit-picky at all, it's just that Johto is a very nostalgic region, and it's music latches onto that very factor. I don't know how hard it is to implement it using essentials, but if it is possible i think it would really elevate the experience. Regardless, brilliant job so far!

Years
    Yooo, i just clocked in my first 2 hours in version 3 and I must say, I'm very impressed. I love how you've taken a lot of liberties in remapping the existing Johto towns and even interconnecting some of them like Dark Cave. I do have a small gripe and that's the the game music. I dig how you've pretty much given the towns/cities their respective Johto music as well as Wild Pokemon battles, but the original theme tracks for the Team Rocket battle, Rival battle and trainer battle are missing.

I didn't mean to sound nit-picky at all, it's just that Johto is a very nostalgic region, and it's music latches onto that very factor. I don't know how hard it is to implement it using essentials, but if it is possible i think it would really elevate the experience. Regardless, brilliant job so far!

Thank you for the compliments, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

On the music end I didn't add too much on this go. It's not too bad adding in tracks for the routes but I don't understand the battle music itself just yet, something I'm working on for the sequel as I add custom music and hopefully some battle themes!

Back