• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Elite Quest

What Do you think I need to improve on most in this hack?

• Mapping?

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Scripting?

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Spriting?

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Tiles?

Votes: 35 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I read the story, and I think it's pretty mystifying, yet simple. The title screen look pretty well done. I think that you should use the old doors for the Lab and player's houses. It looks much better that way.
    I think I'll put this in my "Play the beta" list ;D
    Thanks. :D

About the doors, I personally think they're fine the way they are, but if more people want the original doors, I'll replace them. :3
    Hey can i have a sprite job? or do you need EX:
    PM me some proof, if it's up to my decent standards, you're in. :3
    You can try reposing Equil's sprite. And now, there are Equil, Minun and Plusle.
    Will there are be one with a dividing symbol and also one with a multiplying symbol?
    I was thinking of reposing it, but I'm not a spriter, anything I made would look horrible. D:

And no, there won't be Dividing and Multiplying symbols. I don't want to steal Quilava Masters idea, the one I thought of, Equil, was my idea though, I just needed permission to use it.

Updates!

I'm obviously too lazy to do anything today, so I'll just show a preview of the rival battle in Pure Village:
    Pokémon Elite Quest

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021

Updates!

Wow, alot of updates lately!
    Anyways, I've gone back on my word - Equil is reposed, thanks to
    NiKaNoRoU!
    Pokémon Elite Quest

As usual, tell me your opinion!
    Also, not only has NiKaNoRoU reposed Equil, he's done some OW's for EQs main rival:
    Pokémon Elite Quest

Of course, there's no walking frames yet - i'd appreciate it if someone did them for me. I'm not 100% sure that I should use them for a rival either, once again, I'm open to your opinion. :3

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    So Equil is = :D
    You could also make something like "un-Equil" with # (without either of those /)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    So Equil is = :D
    You could also make something like "un-Equil" with # (without either of those /)
    Like I said before, I'm not inserting any other Plusle/Minun fakemon. :3
    Cute fakemon^__^ I like him
    Thanks. :3
    almost as cute as domo

Updates

Not really sure sure if this qualifies as updates, but I've decided on inserting about 5 or 10 B/W Pokemon. Of course, they won't be easy to get, I'll most likely put a difficult sidequest for one (no screenies for now). Also, i'm extending the alpha release date to about another month, since I've decided I want to polish up scripts, and I've uncovered alot of bugs for me to fix, and, I don't have much time right now. D: Anyways, that's all for now,expect updates soon! :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    crunch you didn't respond to my pm...
    Be patient, I've responded now. :/
    Ah. Now, I would love this guy as my starter, but too bad he didn't end up as one! ^^;
    Honestly, you're hack has come a respectable distance Chrunch!
    I'm glad to see you doing good - hope you remember me.

~Good Luck! Raltz
    Thanks. You can get Equil in the alpha, if you really want it. :3
    And yes, - I remember you.

Updates!

Just a preview to prove I am inserting some B/W Pokémon:
    Pokémon Elite Quest

Credits to TB Pro for the sprite pack. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021

Major Updates!

The alpha is getting very close now, I just need to add some more events to make it just a bit more interesting. :3 Anyways, I've got 2 polls, and some more updates, expect the alpha out soon!

Poll 1

Now, many people have complained about the tiles, and although I think FR tiles are fine, many other people don't. now, i've gone and slightly changed the tiles to an emerald grass tile, and I want to know, what do you prefer, 100% FR tiles, or with an exeption of emerald grass tiles? Here's some screenies:

Option 1: emerald grass tiles
    Pokémon Elite QuestPokémon Elite QuestPokémon Elite Quest

Option 2: FR grass tiles
    Pokémon Elite QuestPokémon Elite QuestPokémon Elite Quest

Give me your opinion!

Poll 2

Now, as i've said, I'm inserting 10 BW Pokemon. However, I only know 5 I'm going to insert. Post what BW Pokemon you think I should insert! The most popular ones win, as I'm looking for 5 Pokemon! No starters or legendaries. as usual, post your opinion!

Well, that's it for today. :3 Thanks everyone for their support!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    I like the emerald grass tiles a lot more than the FR/LG grass tiles. That's why I changed the grass in my hack.

Sorry, I don't know any B/W pokemon... haha you should put in a couple of fakemon!

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
    Years
    Now I, I can't wait to try out this game. You should change the red roof because it looks like a Barbies™ playhouse roof.

Last edited:

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    not a fan of fakemon
    but ur hack ur world rite

other than that seems like a decent story line and like the screenies

good luck on the hack...

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I like the emerald grass tiles a lot more than the FR/LG grass tiles. That's why I changed the grass in my hack.

Sorry, I don't know any B/W pokemon... haha you should put in a couple of fakemon!
    yeah, the emrald tiles look slightly better to me too.

And, like I said, there are going to be a few fakemon in EQ, there's even one being sprited right now. :3
    I like zee emerald tiles i always find a way to change the Fr ones they aren't very good.
    I find them fine, but the emerald grass tiles do look a bit better.
    Now I, I can't wait to try out this game. You should change the red roof because it looks like a Barbies™ playhouse roof.
    Well, that is the original pallet town house, I just haven't changed it yet.
    It'll probably be changed in beta 1, though. :D
    not a fan of fakemon
    but ur hack ur world rite

other than that seems like a decent story line and like the screenies

good luck on the hack...
    Thanks.

Mini-Updates!

So, everything in the alpha is almost 100% complete.
    I want to touch it up (add some stuff, improve some), beta test, then I can release it. But before I do, I just like to see some more votes on the grass tile. :3

Anyways, to keep you entertained for now, here's some Azure City eyecandy:
    Pokémon Elite Quest Pokémon Elite Quest
    enjoy!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    Hey I'm back, and crunch can I make a fakemon? just you know, give me the details.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    sry for asking this but how long is the alpha
    it isn't out yet, but the alpha goes to Azure City. It has 4 Town/Cities, 4 Routes, and 2 Forests/Caves, Which is one GYM.

Hey I'm back, and crunch can I make a fakemon? just you know, give me the details.
    I'll PM you.

---------------------
    remember, I still want votes for the grass. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back