• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Pokémon Emerald Extend maps, weird results

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
  • I've decided that I wanted to recreate Kanto within Hoenn, and I was looking into extending the number of available maps within the game. Their own banks, and their own names. I tried using Advance Map (because that's the only mapping program available that's decent), and I ended up creating 51 extra banks. Thinking this, I thought that this would make it so that they would also have their own names. But...well, let's keep going. I used one of the newly created banks to recreate Pallet Town, and as a result:
    Pokémon Emerald Extend maps, weird results

It looks pretty good!

But, here's the problem that I have. I inserted the map, along with the inside buildings and, uh...this happened:
    Pokémon Emerald Extend maps, weird results

Littleroot Town was renamed Pallet Town...I thought that adding all of the new banks would create individual names for them. Is there some tutorial for the extension of map names or something, or reuse the FRLG names in Advance Map for the headers? I saw that the ROM does contain the FRLG map names. Is there anyway I could use those or something? Or some tutorial about it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Gonna piggyback off this thread because I have been trying to resolve this issue for a while.

Changing the map number in the header causes A-Map to spit out a "list index out of bounds (-1)" error upon re-opening the ROM. (I am using FireRed, btw.)

Back