• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

n0n

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I don't really understand why you're going so hard at this? You can try it on real hardware if you want. It literally runs on the real time clock. I only made the claim because everyone that has tested it on either 3ds with the .cia file or through Everdrive has said the DNS was functioning. I don't really know what else I can offer you. Please don't take offense to this but I honestly feel like at this point you're just trying to start an argument with myself and this mGBA dev.

I don't take any offense and I hope you understand you're free to completely dismiss this issue if it's bothering you. Like you said earlier, most people play on VBA(-M) so it makes sense to support these exclusively regardless of how well they hold up to the competition. I know I'm not entitled to anything from you but this is in my opinion a not so minor issue and it would be a shame for it to remain unfixed so I was hoping you could contact the dev I mentioned to see if a quick fix can be made.
Sorry if you got the wrong impression, tone is hard to convey through text and english isn't my first language.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I don't take any offense and I hope you understand you're free to completely dismiss this issue if it's bothering you. Like you said earlier, most people play on VBA(-M) so it makes sense to support these exclusively regardless of how well they hold up to the competition. I know I'm not entitled to anything from you but this is in my opinion a not so minor issue and it would be a shame for it to remain unfixed so I was hoping you could contact the dev I mentioned to see if a quick fix can be made.
Sorry if you got the wrong impression, tone is hard to convey through text and english isn't my first language.

It's all good man, but as far as I'm concerned the issue isn't on my end. No rom hack has a DNS compatible with mGBA. I'm sure other hacks are confirmed to have their DNS working on real hardware too. I will not be making any attempt to get compatibility with mGBA. I hope you're still able to enjoy the hack, no hard feelings on my end.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
It's all good man, but as far as I'm concerned the issue isn't on my end. No rom hack has a DNS compatible with mGBA. I'm sure other hacks are confirmed to have their DNS working on real hardware too. I will not be making any attempt to get compatibility with mGBA. I hope you're still able to enjoy the hack, no hard feelings on my end.

Hey hillsy. Found a minor glitch. I find myself still getting poisoned if i use fly in battle. I tried it several times just to make sure it wasnt just that one instance. Nothing game breaking. Just annoying lol
That i'd let you know.

Ive been busy as all hell(im sure you could relate) but im almost at the pokemon league. Man i can wait till you see my team. When i actually do get a chance to play i play for hoursss lol. Putting in work 😎

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
Ehy everyone! Totally loved this hackrom and kept spreading it over my friends because it deserves to be played, really exciting to see full gen3 functioning next generation abilities like technician..
I would love to see a changelog, hope something comes out fast in this sense :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Alright everyone, I've just updated the download and the Beta 2.1 update is here! Very simply, there is no new content in this update, it instead contains fixes for all of the bugs found so far in Beta 2.0. In addition, the first version of the documentation will also be provided in the download. Given the amount of information contained, there are bound to be a few mistakes along the way, so please let me know if you find any! I plan on continuing to update this documentation with future releases, and potentially add a few more sections in as well. Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
Hi! Does anyone have a list of the Pokemon type changes? Also, I saw on the documentation that there is Alolan Ninetales, anyone knows how to get him?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hi! Does anyone have a list of the Pokemon type changes? Also, I saw on the documentation that there is Alolan Ninetales, anyone knows how to get him?

Trade Stone on Vulpix for Alolan Ninetales. There are only 3 type changes: Absol is now Dark/Fairy and Grovyle/Sceptile are now Grass/Dragon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
I saw in the changelog that somehow Scald has been introduced in the game, despite not showing up in any learnset, it is my fault? Also, the biggest thing possibly is a Glitch that occurs whenever I try to take the ferry to Navel rock: I end up in a house that reminds the Trick house, anyone else encountered this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I saw in the changelog that somehow Scald has been introduced in the game, despite not showing up in any learnset, it is my fault? Also, the biggest thing possibly is a Glitch that occurs whenever I try to take the ferry to Navel rock: I end up in a house that reminds the Trick house, anyone else encountered this?

The Navel Rock bug has been fixed as of Beta 2.1. I am no longer able to re-create it no matter what I do. The scald thing is just a mistake, the rest of the moves in the list are correct.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 4, 2020
Hello everyone! Thank you Hillsy13 for this amazing hack!
I started a nuzlocke on my YouTube channel and I enjoy every single second of it!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 26, 2020
This comment is a mix of a suggestion, complain, personal opinion idk

So far, the hack is great! It quickly drawed my attention for it's simple but neat features that other hacks fail to deliver by overriding lots of assets and consequently ending in hundreds of bugs, sadly.

Going to the point, now. I tested the hack, but didn't manage to get pretty far... It happened when i was about to catch a Ralts in Route 102 at night and noticed that it's catch rate was uncommon, that's ok i thought, but what wasn't ok was that i was listening to a midi version of this song, ermm... "spear of justice" of "undertale" i think? when battling it

I immediately quit the game and deleted the hack in a rant (*sorry for the reaction) knowing what was coming...

That's when i noticed that it was part of the custom songs feature mwntioned in the OP.

So, in a personal opinion, i just felt that it was bad that a custom song that isn't part (or even related) to the pokémon universe is in the game, EVEN more when it is going to play in all the rare encounters i happen to have while catching 'em all (or not) y' know

It just isn't the Emerald i remember... Far as i know, there is one comment in this thread that approves the custom songs added in the hack, but let me at the least suggest a separate version for the (kinda purist) persons like me and other for the ones that like these songs so badly

If my suggestion isn't possible, at least reduce the times these songs are heard... (please, cause this hack is so great and has a lot of potential!)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
This comment is a mix of a suggestion, complain, personal opinion idk

So far, the hack is great! It quickly drawed my attention for it's simple but neat features that other hacks fail to deliver by overriding lots of assets and consequently ending in hundreds of bugs, sadly.

Going to the point, now. I tested the hack, but didn't manage to get pretty far... It happened when i was about to catch a Ralts in Route 102 at night and noticed that it's catch rate was uncommon, that's ok i thought, but what wasn't ok was that i was listening to a midi version of this song, ermm... "spear of justice" of "undertale" i think? when battling it

I immediately quit the game and deleted the hack in a rant (*sorry for the reaction) knowing what was coming...

That's when i noticed that it was part of the custom songs feature mwntioned in the OP.

So, in a personal opinion, i just felt that it was bad that a custom song that isn't part (or even related) to the pokémon universe is in the game, EVEN more when it is going to play in all the rare encounters i happen to have while catching 'em all (or not) y' know

It just isn't the Emerald i remember... Far as i know, there is one comment in this thread that approves the custom songs added in the hack, but let me at the least suggest a separate version for the (kinda purist) persons like me and other for the ones that like these songs so badly

If my suggestion isn't possible, at least reduce the times these songs are heard... (please, cause this hack is so great and has a lot of potential!)

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever seen ngl. That custom song in particular is one I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on. if I made a separate version, adding or removing every little feature for every suggestion, then there would be 80 versions of the game. It's just a selfish request in my opinion. Also, nowhere have I ever stated anything about recreating 'the emerald you remember', it's my personal re-modelling of the game, you're free to like and to not like it, I don't mind. Lastly, if one song that you dislike is enough to make you delete a game, then the problem probably lies with you. Rant over, have a nice day.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 26, 2020
Oof, i wasn't expecting such feedback (especially from the developer), anyways thanks for the response, i'm new here and i created an account specifically to make a suggestion for this hack.

Just one point to be clear, i never wanted you to make "an Emerald that i remember" i may have exaggerated that point but you may comprehend that i have such an appealing for video game music and with Emerald being my first pokémon game, it wasn't right hearing music from other games...

I apologize for not knowing the nice feedback you got on the songs, and i comprehend this hack ks not for me

Great hack, anyways

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Oof, i wasn't expecting such feedback (especially from the developer), anyways thanks for the response, i'm new here and i created an account specifically to make a suggestion for this hack.

Just one point to be clear, i never wanted you to make "an Emerald that i remember" i may have exaggerated that point but you may comprehend that i have such an appealing for video game music and with Emerald being my first pokémon game, it wasn't right hearing music from other games...

I apologize for not knowing the nice feedback you got on the songs, and i comprehend this hack ks not for me

Great hack, anyways

I'm not offended by what you said man, and I apologize for going so hard in my previous comment. I didn't realize you were a new member. The problem is that I still don't think you get what I was trying to say. 'it wasn't right hearing music from other games...'. It's my game man, it's not something that's objectively right or wrong to add music from other games. It's ok for you to not like it, but that doesn't make it blatantly bad or out of place.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
Hello, Having a blast playing this hack! I was wondering if Noibat can be found in the 1F of Meteor Falls? Or do I need to go to the rooms (which needs Surf/Waterfall)?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
I finished this hack twice now since the release of 2.0.

First time was a bit of a let down, because of a lack of planning. I grabbed Shinx and forgot the elemental fang attacks were gen4. I tried to train Shellder, but forgot how bad its moveset was. I loved Ariados in the early game, but at some point stopped using it because neither bug nor poison have a really great coverage. So I slowly ended up only using my Medicham, which was incredibly strong, with huge power and had a lot of coverage with the egg move tutor: Psycho Cut, High Jump Kick, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch.

UgLg7ye.png

I did train that Houndoom up for the first e4 fight, Medicham ended up being level 80 and didn't really need help though.

So I decided to do a fairy monotype the second time and it was great. I also picked up the early lucky egg I forgot last time.
Before Norman, there were not many options, I was stuck with Marill and Snubbull (and Ralts, but I couldn't find a female one for the life of me, so I couldn't get Gardevoir and didn't train it), but those two have a nice coverage and Wattson was the only gym that gave me trouble. As soon as I had surf I went to pick up Togepi and Absol. I actually got the Vulpix from Wondertrade, I regret not going there sooner, only rock smash is needed, I could have gotten a third team member a bit earlier. If I hadn't needed an HM slave, I probably would have picked up Mawile as well, but I refused to put 3 water moves on my Azumarill.

P31ILgw.png

Azumarill with huge power and roll out carried a lot. Absol is just super strong in this hack (and its shiny super pretty) and overshadowed Granbull later in the game. One swords dance and it murders almost everything, with a great coverage (Psychic, Fairy, Dark). Togekiss was my main special attacker, as I got it sooner than Vulpix, and already on level 35, so Ninetales never really caught up.
During the e4 fight, there was only one enemy mon that gave me real trouble. That Gardevoir destroyed my team and I came crawling out of that fight with 4 fainted team members. Everything else went pretty smoothly.

Besides the obvious game mechanics (love the new moves, the new mons, the shiny hunter AND THE DEX NAV!) I love the graphics. The green is just so green and the combat colors are so nice. That day night system is incredibly beautiful. When I first heard it would only be day and night, not morning like in GSC (which was always my favorite time of day) I was sceptical, but I'd take those awesome lit windows over morning always.

The only thing that drove me a bit crazy was EV training and unlike in 1.1 I slacked a bit. Not beacuse of the training itself, but because running to a room means skipping battle with 12 wild dittos, and because training Granbull for atk means 42 battles with double intimidate. I just trained my shiny purple boy and filled the EVs on the others and left it at that. Not that EV training is needed outside of the Battle Frontier, though the gym leaders and the e4 are noticeably stronger and have more diverse mons. Not fighting 2 Banette and 2 Dusclops in the e4 is refreshing.

All in all, this hack has almost every feature I could ever want in an Emerald hack and looks great on top of it. I will surely play this again.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Lucky Egg early? Huh. How do you even get that?

This hack is the freshest take I've seen on Hoenn, by the way! I smiled when I first heard Spear of Justice playing as I encountered a hard-to-find Pokemon.

Back