• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2020
    Hey mate, how are you doing? Just want to say that emerald genesis is literally everything i wanted from an emerald hack. This game is just perfect imo and has been really helpful in keeping me sane during these tough times. Anyway i just have one question if u dont mind. I have a magneton but i have no idea how to evolve it into magnezone. Could u please tell me how to do it as i want to add one to my team. Thanks! 😁

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2020
    Thanks for the kind words and the feedback mate! I'm also super interested in double battles with rivals and other characters throughout the story, that's something I'll be working on in the future for sure!

No problem. I'm playing through Genesis right now and I like the polish, it has a lot of potential.
    Yeah, I've been looking for hacks that might have this feature where you have a partner travelling with you, perhaps the other 'you' instead of them being a rival, but have Wally and/or another character as your rival, like the guy I just met at Slateport. Just seems like a really fun experience instead of going Rambo all the time. Glad you're interested in the idea. Keep up the great work, I'll be following it closely. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey mate, how are you doing? Just want to say that emerald genesis is literally everything i wanted from an emerald hack. This game is just perfect imo and has been really helpful in keeping me sane during these tough times. Anyway i just have one question if u dont mind. I have a magneton but i have no idea how to evolve it into magnezone. Could u please tell me how to do it as i want to add one to my team. Thanks! 😁

Thanks for the kind words, as of right now, Magneton evolves into Magnezone by Level-Up at level 40. I'd probably consider changing this to be via Trade Stone in the future though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Is drain punch in the game? I would really love to use it for my lucario.

And how to evolve feebas in this one?

Drain Punch is not in the game currently. I don't think this is a big deal for Lucario though, since it's movepool in this game is honestly insane. Feebas actually has the same evolution method as in regular Emerald. I thought it was super unique and didn't want to remove it :)

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    So I've been playing 2.0 for about 4 ingame hours now. Awesome stuff but the game as been stuck in night time all this time, could you explain really quick how the day/night cycle works while the documentation is still under work ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    So I've been playing 2.0 for about 4 ingame hours now. Awesome stuff but the game as been stuck in night time all this time, could you explain really quick how the day/night cycle works while the documentation is still under work ?

Yep, so from 6am-6pm you'll have day time, and from 6pm-6am you'll have night. If you're having permanent day or night, then you'll probably find that real time clock has not been enabled in your emulator. Enabling that will make the Day/Night System function correctly. Hope this helps!

If you're using VBA it will be:
    Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yep, so from 6am-6pm you'll have day time, and from 6pm-6am you'll have night. If you're having permanent day or night, then you'll probably find that real time clock has not been enabled in your emulator. Enabling that will make the Day/Night System function correctly. Hope this helps!

If you're using VBA it will be:
    Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock

Ok thanks for the help. I can't get the real time clock and/or day night cycle to work with the latest mGBA but it works fine with VBA-M so you should recommend people use VBA-M in your OP (don't recommend VBA it's old AF). Also for some reason RTC is disabled by default so you'll also have to recommend to turn that on here : Option -> Game Boy Advance -> Real-time clock.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Drain Punch is not in the game currently. I don't think this is a big deal for Lucario though, since it's movepool in this game is honestly insane. Feebas actually has the same evolution method as in regular Emerald. I thought it was super unique and didn't want to remove it :)

Aww man, i have him as a mixed attacker. I was gonna have drain punch, bullet punch, aura sphere, and flash cannon, as my moveset. Drain punch actually is very essential to lucario since hes pretty fragile. Oh well. I hope you consider it on the next update. Other than that im actually having alot of fun playing this hack. My team is amazing. I'll show you once i beat the elite four.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Aww man, i have him as a mixed attacker. I was gonna have drain punch, bullet punch, aura sphere, and flash cannon, as my moveset. Drain punch actually is very essential to lucario since hes pretty fragile. Oh well. I hope you consider it on the next update. Other than that im actually having alot of fun playing this hack. My team is amazing. I'll show you once i beat the elite four.

Trust me my man, once you get to level 50 he'll get something really good. Can't wait to see the team though!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2020
    Ok thanks for the help. I can't get the real time clock and/or day night cycle to work with the latest mGBA but it works fine with VBA-M so you should recommend people use VBA-M in your OP (don't recommend VBA it's old AF). Also for some reason RTC is disabled by default so you'll also have to recommend to turn that on here : Option -> Game Boy Advance -> Real-time clock.

It's not just you, mGBA was doing that to me, too, so I couldn't buy anything from Slateport. Best to go back to good ol' VBA-M.

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    It's not just you, mGBA was doing that to me, too, so I couldn't buy anything from Slateport. Best to go back to good ol' VBA-M.

It's more old than good tbh. I can't get rid of those random stutters and other annoying stuff. Instead of recommending VBA-M, I think a better option would be adding an item (a watch for example) for manual day/night control.
    This should be an easy fix and would please people who don't want the day/night cycle or want to use mGBA, which is a superior emulator in term of performance and accuracy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    It's more old than good tbh. I can't get rid of those random stutters and other annoying stuff. Instead of recommending VBA-M, I think a better option would be adding an item (a watch for example) for manual day/night control.
    This should be an easy fix and would please people who don't want the day/night cycle or want to use mGBA, which is a superior emulator in term of performance and accuracy.

First of all, there is no way that would be an 'easy fix'. In fact, it sounds to me like the most difficult fix imaginable. Also, I'm almost 100% certain that the Day/Night System does work on mGBA. Since I don't use that emulator though, I'm unaware of the settings required to make the RTC work.

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    First of all, there is no way that would be an 'easy fix'. In fact, it sounds to me like the most difficult fix imaginable. Also, I'm almost 100% certain that the Day/Night System does work on mGBA. Since I don't use that emulator though, I'm unaware of the settings required to make the RTC work.

My ignorance is showing then I guess. I assumed it would be easier to add a single item than tinkering with an emulator you're not used to and possibly don't care about. Apparently most day/night cycle implementation in FireRed hacks are known to not work well with mGBA (Source 1, 2) and most likely real hardware because they were developed with the hacky, not very accurate VBA(-M) in mind, I assume this also applies to Emerald hacks.

If you're unwilling to fix this issue, you should at least warn people about it in your OP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    My ignorance is showing then I guess. I assumed it would be easier to add a single item than tinkering with an emulator you're not used to and possibly don't care about. Apparently most day/night cycle implementation in FireRed hacks are known to not work well with mGBA (Source 1, 2) and most likely real hardware because they were developed with the hacky, not very accurate VBA(-M) in mind, I assume this also applies to Emerald hacks.

If you're unwilling to fix this issue, you should at least warn people about it in your OP.

Creating a single item could mean anything man. What you were asking would 100% be beyond mine, and over 90% of people in this community's scope. As far as I'm concerned, it isn't an 'issue' as the DNS has been confirmed to be working on real hardware on an everdrive for gba and through a .cia file on the 3ds. It also works on every phone emulator I've tried, not to mention, both vba and vba-m, which are the 2 most common emulators used in the community. I'm pretty sure the issues with DNS for Firered hacks were all able to be resolved anyway, and were an issue with emulator settings and not the hacks themselves.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023

In a nutshell, if the emulator has a functioning real time clock, the day/night system WILL work.

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Creating a single item could mean anything man. What you were asking would 100% be beyond mine, and over 90% of people in this community's scope. As far as I'm concerned, it isn't an 'issue' as the DNS has been confirmed to be working on real hardware on an everdrive for gba and through a .cia file on the 3ds. It also works on every phone emulator I've tried, not to mention, both vba and vba-m, which are the 2 most common emulators used in the community. I'm pretty sure the issues with DNS for Firered hacks were all able to be resolved anyway, and were an issue with emulator settings and not the hacks themselves.

I see, I didn't know this was tested on real hardware. Btw are people usually able to get a stutter free, stable 60 fps with VBA(-M) ? That's the main reason I can't bear using those but who knows, maybe most people are fine with stuttering or just can be arsed to fix it themselves.

Edit : Double posted by accident

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I see, I didn't know this was tested on real hardware. Btw are people usually able to get a stutter free, stable 60 fps with VBA(-M) ? That's the main reason I can't bear using those but who knows, maybe most people are fine with stuttering or just can be arsed to fix it themselves.

Edit : Double posted by accident

Maybe I'm a plebeian, but I haven't ever noticed vba or vba-m dropping frames, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with that one.

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Maybe I'm a plebeian, but I haven't ever noticed vba or vba-m dropping frames, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with that one.

I guess some people are less sensible to stutter and lower framerate. You should give mGBA a try just once though, I've tested on multiple PCs and it's much better at delivering GBA like perfect 60 fps.

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Hey, sorry to bother you with this again. I started a thread on mGBA's github and the main dev is dubious about your claim that the day/night cycle works on real hardware. If it's not a bother would you mind commenting on the thread or contact them directly ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey, sorry to bother you with this again. I started a thread on mGBA's github and the main dev is dubious about your claim that the day/night cycle works on real hardware. If it's not a bother would you mind commenting on the thread or contact them directly ?

I don't really understand why you're going so hard at this? You can try it on real hardware if you want. It literally runs on the real time clock. I only made the claim because everyone that has tested it on either 3ds with the .cia file or through Everdrive has said the DNS was functioning. I don't really know what else I can offer you. Please don't take offense to this but I honestly feel like at this point you're just trying to start an argument with myself and this mGBA dev.

Last edited:
    Back