• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Hey there! Really enjoying the game, love the level of polish you've put into it. New areas are refreshing and completely non intrusive, great work. I do have some questions/issues. I'm using retroarch for Switch and I'm stuck at night even when it should be day. I wouldn't really care except that the Slateport market seems to only be open during the day. What items can't I buy? Also, is there any way to make it day? Also, are trade stones game corner exclusive? Thanks for a great game man.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hey there! Really enjoying the game, love the level of polish you've put into it. New areas are refreshing and completely non intrusive, great work. I do have some questions/issues. I'm using retroarch for Switch and I'm stuck at night even when it should be day. I wouldn't really care except that the Slateport market seems to only be open during the day. What items can't I buy? Also, is there any way to make it day? Also, are trade stones game corner exclusive? Thanks for a great game man.

Sorry for the late response mate! Pretty sure there are a couple of trade stones available here and there, but the game corner is easily the best method for obtaining them. Unfortunately the DNS is wonky on mGBA and a few other emulators in beta 2, which is why I recommend people use VBA and VBA-M for this release. I would like to put out there however that the way the DNS functions has been changed in Beta 3, which gives it functionality on the aforementioned emulators. Hope this helps!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2020
Hey Hillsy, I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for perfecting my favorite video game of all time. The amount of changes you made to Emerald are just right, giving the game a modern feel without going overboard. I especially love the changes you made to the battle frontier to make it compatible with the new pss. I also assume that Absol is your favorite pokemon because the amount of buffs you gave it is insane, potentially making it ridiculously fun to use and imo a fantastic choice for any player looking for a dark type, especially since it is now part fairy as well.

In these dark times I'm glad that emerald genesis was there to distract me from the stress of real life right now. Great job man!!

10/10, this right here is the apex of emerald rom hacks!!

P.S. this is my team: Sceptile, Typhlosion (Who's an absolute beast with Huge Power and Flare Blitz), Starmie, Honchkrow, Metagross and Machamp (I love that he gets Mach Punch in this game). This is one of my favorite teams that I've ever used in a pokemon game!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
So, liking the game so far, but how do I evolve my Phantump? Also, nice profile pic, I love Metroid too.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
So, liking the game so far, but how do I evolve my Phantump? Also, nice profile pic, I love Metroid too.

Can confirm what Zero-G said, a Trade Stone will do the trick. You can get them from the Mauville game corner. I'd highly recommend downloading the documentation!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 5, 2020
Loving this hack so much, especially the new additions (areas and holy s**t the DexNav! Chapeau.) and the graphics improvements. Hope you will continue update and finish the hack. I would love to see more new areas.

Great work!

PS: When a Pokèmon reaches lvl 100, EVs continue to raise up or they are given only by leveling?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Posted this to Reddit earlier today and thought I'd better put it up here too. A small little teaser for Hoennian Ekans and Arbok that will be coming in Beta 3!
JqpSwjd.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 12, 2020
This is one of my favourite ever enhancement hacks, well done to you, and thank you.

The DexNav is done so well that I can't see myself playing other hacks without it.

I decided to use a Johto team to beat the game and done so fairly easy with Azumarill, Sczior, Umbreon, Ampharos, Crobat and Hitmontop. I have beaten every trainer and so I think I'll aim to compete the dex now.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
This is one of my favourite ever enhancement hacks, well done to you, and thank you.

The DexNav is done so well that I can't see myself playing other hacks without it.

I decided to use a Johto team to beat the game and done so fairly easy with Azumarill, Sczior, Umbreon, Ampharos, Crobat and Hitmontop. I have beaten every trainer and so I think I'll aim to compete the dex now.

Thanks for the kind words mate, I really appreciate it. Good luck on completing the dex too!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 12, 2020
I think I might hold out for either the next beta or Jirachi release to finish up. I have done all the starter evos, water/thunder/fire/trade stone ones too. May i suggest a few things, totally optional obviously just some feedback.

Most importantly, better access to the other stones, namely leaf and moon stones. I don't know where I can find leaf ones and using covet on Lunatone 200 times to get one moon stone is getting tedious.

Add modern evo methods rather than trade stone. i.e for Magnezone, could level up in New Mauville. Grinding a few rematches and selling some nuggets just to buy coins for a trade stone doesn't really feel like I'm achieving anything except killing time. The other methods would add some post game longevity.

Possible to add Glaceon, Leafeon & Sylveon?
Add rest of Gen 4 Evos and pre-evos
Reinstate removed Gen 1, 2 and 3 pokes and add their evos
Create events for legendary birds rather than romaing

Gain exp on catching

Just some quick thoughts, game is great but those could push it to the next level.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I think I might hold out for either the next beta or Jirachi release to finish up. I have done all the starter evos, water/thunder/fire/trade stone ones too. May i suggest a few things, totally optional obviously just some feedback.

Most importantly, better access to the other stones, namely leaf and moon stones. I don't know where I can find leaf ones and using covet on Lunatone 200 times to get one moon stone is getting tedious.

Add modern evo methods rather than trade stone. i.e for Magnezone, could level up in New Mauville. Grinding a few rematches and selling some nuggets just to buy coins for a trade stone doesn't really feel like I'm achieving anything except killing time. The other methods would add some post game longevity.

Possible to add Glaceon, Leafeon & Sylveon?
Add rest of Gen 4 Evos and pre-evos
Reinstate removed Gen 1, 2 and 3 pokes and add their evos
Create events for legendary birds rather than romaing

Gain exp on catching

Just some quick thoughts, game is great but those could push it to the next level.

- Glaceon, Leafeon may get added in feature updates
- The remaining gen 4 evolutions (for Pokemon that weren't removed) have all been added for beta 3, other than Leafeon and Glaceon.
- I won't be reinstating the removed Pokemon. I don't want more than 386 Pokemon in my hack for a few reasons, with those reasons being; Dex expansion is buggy and requires the removal of second frame animations. In addition, I don't want to overload each route with too many wild encounters (Which I think is already a problem with only 386 Pokemon).
- I quite like having the legendary birds roam. If anything, Ho-oh and Lugia will be the Pokemon getting events in the future.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Thought I'd post another little update. Progress is going really well on Beta 3, and while I don't have a release date in mind, it'll be coming out much faster than Beta 2 did! Anyways, I figured I'd post another sneak peek for what's coming in Beta 3, introducing Hoennian Dreepy, Drakloak and Dragapult!

aWK1r2f.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2020
Thought I'd post another little update. Progress is going really well on Beta 3, and while I don't have a release date in mind, it'll be coming out much faster than Beta 2 did! Anyways, I figured I'd post another sneak peek for what's coming in Beta 3, introducing Hoennian Dreepy, Drakloak and Dragapult!

aWK1r2f.png

Whoa! That looks incredible, keep up the great work my dude!!

Back