• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Read the entire main post, there is a part in it that talks about it.
###########################################################
New Update.
This is what's new:
Fix: String Mega Evolution
Fix: Flag Activation Exp Share.
New: Summary Dark Mod Theme
All New BG's Inserteds.(Except battleground Groudon's , Kyogre rayquaza.)
All Egg Moves Fixed.
New: Pikachu Cosplay: Use the Light Card item to change its form.
New: Dynamic level. "Obs: The flag responsible for enabling/disabling this function is the flag 0x280. To activate the dynamic level, simply use the command setflag 0x280 in your script.
To turn off the dynamic level, simply use the command cleanflag 0x280 in your script."
Castform & Unow's sprites updated/corrected.
Pokédex expanded to 999 entries.
Fix some icons and update some sprites.
Fixed the Cries table. (It is good to remember that not insert create any for the reason of leaving the choice of which cry insert in the rom to you.)
Recommended tools updated. (The old tools may not be able to read this new update correctly.)
The Download Patch is attached to the main post.

Please report on what error you encounter, something that is missing to edit for some mechanic, or some item/Pokémon that has not been configured correctly. I also ask you to read all the information I have made available so far, but if you still have doubts, be sure to ask. In addition, enjoy the base.

Great update...
I hope you can insert ZMoves scripts or dynamax to emerald^^

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
New Update.
This is what's new:
All Egg Moves Fixed.
New: Dynamic level. "Obs: The flag responsible for enabling/disabling this function is the flag 0x280. To activate the dynamic level, simply use the command setflag 0x280 in your script.
To turn off the dynamic level, simply use the command cleanflag 0x280 in your script."
Fixed the Cries table. (It is good to remember that not insert create any for the reason of leaving the choice of which cry insert in the rom to you.)
Recommended tools updated. (The old tools may not be able to read this new update correctly.)

Please report on what error you encounter, something that is missing to edit for some mechanic, or some item/Pokémon that has not been configured correctly. I also ask you to read all the information I have made available so far, but if you still have doubts, be sure to ask. In addition, enjoy the base.
Great update I can now add my fakemon and gen 8 thank for you updating this lovely base :)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
pge isn't working for me dose anyone else have this problem

The base rom must be within the same folder where the .ini and both must have the same name.
The version of PGE that I made available has a .ini compatible with the base rom, .ini is called test.ini.
Just rename the base rom to test.gba and leave it in the same folder as the test.ini. Then open the base rom on the PGE.
I just took the test here and for me it worked without problems. Test and tell me if it worked or not.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
The base rom must be within the same folder where the .ini and both must have the same name.
The version of PGE that I made available has a .ini compatible with the base rom, .ini is called test.ini.
Just rename the base rom to test.gba and leave it in the same folder as the test.ini. Then open the base rom on the PGE.
I just took the test here and for me it worked without problems. Test and tell me if it worked or not.

I got pge to work now edit fixed it

Last edited:
Years
New Update.
This is what's new:
All Egg Moves Fixed.

pretty good update! but how can i update it? i edited (edited some trainers) i tried patching it but the patcher says "Source ROM checksum mismatch"
do i need to patch it on vanilla rom? (sorry for my dumb question btw)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
pretty good update! but how can i update it? i edited (edited some trainers) i tried patching it but the patcher says "Source ROM checksum mismatch"
do i need to patch it on vanilla rom? (sorry for my dumb question btw)

So I found out the hard way that you have to start over it's sad :(

Li Yun

Years
I found a bug: when you use M-Lunarizer/Solarizer and DNA Splicer, the game freezes.

Thanks for reporting this bug. Below I'll leave a new little update with a fix on this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small Update v1.4 07-10-2021:
Fix: HM's found in routes and/or obtained from Npcs.
Fixed all the items that froze the game when using it.
Bug Fix Box HP in Double Battle.(Bug Fix also applied to Modexe data. Reapply the HP White Box or HP Black Box to fix this bug.)
New: ModExe exclusive to the base. For now I plan to add only graphic content to it.
What has available in modexe so far:
Box HP Black
Box HP White
Party Screen Base
Party Screen BW
Party Screen HGSS
Slightly altered bag(No re-coloring for now.)
New graphics mods will be available in the future, stay tuned.

Patch and ModExe for download in the attached file in the main post.

Years
Thanks for reporting this bug. Below I'll leave a new little update with a fix on this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small Update v1.4 07-10-2021:
Fix: HM's found in routes and/or obtained from Npcs.
Fixed all the items that froze the game when using it.
Bug Fix Box HP in Double Battle.(Bug Fix also applied to Modexe data. Reapply the HP White Box or HP Black Box to fix this bug.)
New: ModExe exclusive to the base. For now I plan to add only graphic content to it.
What has available in modexe so far:
Box HP Black
Box HP White
Party Screen Base
Party Screen BW
Party Screen HGSS
Slightly altered bag(No re-coloring for now.)
New graphics mods will be available in the future, stay tuned.

good update, and when you said that my update problem isn't gonna happen again, how to update the edited rom base that i had?
anyway why theres no power-up punch move?

Li Yun

Years
good update, and when you said that my update problem isn't gonna happen again, how to update the edited rom base that i had?
anyway why theres no power-up punch move?

You can use the CTRL + K command in HxD to compare the data between the different versions, so you can know what has changed. It's a laborious job, but I can't think of other methods to make updates available, unless via patch. But I believe that from now on the next updates will be only bug fixes, that is, simple changes to the base code. As for Move Power-Up, on the base it has the name Grow Punch.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 2, 2022
i try open new mod exe but it says can not find hack.ini but itts in the folder

Li Yun

Years
i try open new mod exe but it says can not find hack.ini but itts in the folder

Follow this path: With Modexe open, go to the "File" menu and select the "Load ini" option, then navigate to
the folder where the are hacks.ini, and select it. Then just open the rom in Modexe.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
So I am having a issue where I add grookey after Alola forms it has no moves even it I add some help

Li Yun

Years
Small Update v1.5 09-10-2021:
Fixed all TM's found on routes or obtained by NPC's.
TM49 Snatch on S.S Tidal is now TM49 Leech Fang.
Fixed TM's for sale on Mauville Game Corner and Lilycove Department Store.

Patch the updated rom in the attached file in the main post. From now on I will make the
update available via Modexe, I believe this will be more practical for everyone, so you will not
need to modify your rom hack with each new update. With Modexe you'll be able to apply the
update in just two clicks, easily, quickly and efficiently.

Back