• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

LucasLyn

Lyn
Years
Hello! great tool! I have just 2 questions though; I cannot figure out how to use the trainer EV/IV stuff. The txt just tells me to make the opponents pokemon hold an item, and then go into the EV/IV tab, however, there isn't an EV/IV tab in either PGE or G3T. Am I doing something wrong or?
Also, is it possible to get your opponents to use Mega Evolutions? I might want a boss or two to use them. Is it just a simply matter of making the pokemon hold the corresponding mega stone and it's mega eveolve?

Thank you!

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
Hello! great tool! I have just 2 questions though; I cannot figure out how to use the trainer EV/IV stuff. The txt just tells me to make the opponents pokemon hold an item, and then go into the EV/IV tab, however, there isn't an EV/IV tab in either PGE or G3T. Am I doing something wrong or?
Also, is it possible to get your opponents to use Mega Evolutions? I might want a boss or two to use them. Is it just a simply matter of making the pokemon hold the corresponding mega stone and it's mega eveolve?

Thank you!

1.It is necessary to create a custom moveset for the Pokémon, and in addition, you must secure some item for the custom ev-iv to work.
It is enough to repeat the steps of the video that I am sure that it will work perfectly.
For more information, read the EVs - IVs.txt file, explained by much better that. Watch the video below and try to understand more or less how it works in your configuration.

As for mega evolution, it only takes the trainer's Pokémon to be holding its mega stone. It is not necessary to have the opponent own the mega bracelet.
In the video below I configured the mega evolution of Venusaur and Charizard, as an example.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 18, 2023
Nice update 😀

Unfortunately the Battle Frontier's move tutors seem to be still broken:
Like I described before, most of the offered moves link to the same tutor slot, which is Fire Punch. Changing this slot's attack via PGE does work but then most of the move slots contain this very move.
Maybe the pointers to the tutor attack table (or the table itself) was damaged somehow?

Li Yun

Years
Nice update 😀

Unfortunately the Battle Frontier's move tutors seem to be still broken:
Like I described before, most of the offered moves link to the same tutor slot, which is Fire Punch. Changing this slot's attack via PGE does work but then most of the move slots contain this very move.
Maybe the pointers to the tutor attack table (or the table itself) was damaged somehow?

Maybe it's emerald engine v1 incompatibility with Battle Frontier. Perhaps at the time of the creation of the Engine there was
no complete data from the battle frontier to be able to adapt the Engine to it. Unfortunately I do not know how to solve this.

LucasLyn

Lyn
Years
1.It is necessary to create a custom moveset for the Pokémon, and in addition, you must secure some item for the custom ev-iv to work.
It is enough to repeat the steps of the video that I am sure that it will work perfectly.
For more information, read the EVs - IVs.txt file, explained by much better that. Watch the video below and try to understand more or less how it works in your configuration.

As for mega evolution, it only takes the trainer's Pokémon to be holding its mega stone. It is not necessary to have the opponent own the mega bracelet.
In the video below I configured the mega evolution of Venusaur and Charizard, as an example.

Ah, alright that makes sense. I understand now. Thank you very much for the explaination and short videos!

I don't suppose it would be possible to give trainers shinies? That would be awesome but a pretty far stretch hehe.
Also would it be possible to easily modify the shiny odds? I would like the 1/4k from the later games instead of the 1/8k in the game. But that would probably not be that easy in binary hacking?

Also, in HxD, when going to the offset 152FB80 for trainer EVs/IVs, there's just empty space before and after. All the values are just FF. Is this normal? I figured the already created indexes would start at that offset? Or was it just examples in the .txt?
DFXAN1m.png

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
Ah, alright that makes sense. I understand now. Thank you very much for the explaination and short videos!

I don't suppose it would be possible to give trainers shinies? That would be awesome but a pretty far stretch hehe.
Also would it be possible to easily modify the shiny odds? I would like the 1/4k from the later games instead of the 1/8k in the game. But that would probably not be that easy in binary hacking?

Also, in HxD, when going to the offset 152FB80 for trainer EVs/IVs, there's just empty space before and after. All the values are just FF. Is this normal? I figured the already created indexes would start at that offset? Or was it just examples in the .txt?
DFXAN1m.png

1. Well, there's a routine that forces Shiny Pokémon into the trainer, but I can't remember where I saw it. I'll let you know if I find her. There is the Shiny Charm item, which raises the likelihood of meeting Shiny. By default this value is 1/8, but with this item on the bag this value goes to 1/4.
2.. The actual offset of the custom ev-iv table is in file 02.1 - Hacked Engine - Offsets.txt. Look for the config_table option, and next to it will be the offset of the table.

Last edited:

LucasLyn

Lyn
Years
1. Well, there's a routine that forces Shiny Pokémon into the trainer, but I can't remember where I saw it. I'll let you know if I find her. There is the Shiny Charm item, which raises the likelihood of meeting Shiny. By default this value is 1/8, but with this item on the exchange this value goes to 1/4.

That would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Yeah I completely forgot that the shiny charm item existed. I guess I can just give it to the player right at the beginning of the game. Thank you!

2.. The actual offset of the custom ev-iv table is in file 02.1 - Hacked Engine - Offsets.txt. Look for the config_table option, and next to it will be the offset of the table.

Alright. So does that mean, if I simply write my own at the offset, then the first one would be index 00, or would it continue from the ones you wrote? As in theres a gap between the two but the index's still line up?

Li Yun

Years
That would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Alright. So does that mean, if I simply write my own at the offset, then the first one would be index 00, or would it continue from the ones you wrote? As in theres a gap between the two but the index's still line up?

I pre-configured 44 tables, and both are in enumerated order. That means you can add another 210 new custom ev-iv tables.
The last table i created has index 43, so if you create new tables the index of it will start at 44, then 45 for next table, and so on.
I don't know if you can understand my explanation, just let me know if you still have doubts.

LucasLyn

Lyn
Years
I pre-configured 44 tables, and both are in enumerated order. That means you can add another 210 new custom ev-iv tables.
The last table i created has index 43, so if you create new tables the index of it will start at 44, then 45 for next table, and so on.
I don't know if you can understand my explanation, just let me know if you still have doubts.

Yeah I understand, thanks! My main doubt was just the fact that the given offset in the .txt file was surrounded by empty space, so I thought that the pre-configured tables weren't actually implemented for a sec there. Thanks again!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Thanks for reporting, this will be fixed from the next update.
EDIT: Fixed. File in the attachament updated.
bandicam_2021-06-03_16-33-57-860.jpg
bandicam_2021-06-03_16-33-59-775.jpg

I just wanted to check once more if the string was translated from Spanish to English.
I believe the latest release is the 7-10-2021 attachment, however when I tested by performing the mega evolution to Zard X, I still get the Spanish string in battle.

LucasLyn

Lyn
Years
I just wanted to check once more if the string was translated from Spanish to English.
I believe the latest release is the 7-10-2021 attachment, however when I tested by performing the mega evolution to Zard X, I still get the Spanish string in battle.

Just tested vs an opponent with a mega, and I get the same result. Spanish text.

Okay, so I might have messed up something in the EV/IV section, but could you try and take a look at the video below and tell me if you can spot the problem? The whole EV/IV thing doesn't work :/
Thanks! If I apply some low indexes (01-10) it just switches between Premier Balls and Luxury Balls (even though I have only used those balls on indexes 122-217).

The video cannot play because it is still pending the HD version apparantly. Here's the direct link https://youtu.be/UuYIxc_lSFY

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
Spoiler:

Thanks for reporting this error. Issue fixed, download and apply the update below.
Small Update v1.7 11-10-2021:
Fixed String Mega Evolution.
Decap map name Trainer Hill.

Patch and ModExe for download in the attached file in the main post.
bandicam_2021-10-11_07-01-58-791.jpg
bandicam_2021-10-11_07-02-02-599.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Would you happen to know where the offsets are for the 4 colors on the Day and Night feature to make any changes?
I checked the Offsets.ini files, but not sure if I misread it.

Li Yun

Years
Would you happen to know where the offsets are for the 4 colors on the Day and Night feature to make any changes?
I checked the Offsets.ini files, but not sure if I misread it.

With this tool you can easily edit the system day and night inserted in the base rom. Here: Day & Night System
Link(the link of the post is off): D&N System

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
With this tool you can easily edit the system day and night inserted in the base rom. Here: Day & Night System
Link(the link of the post is off): D&N System

Hello y like your rom base :3 i have little cuestion about the rom base, it´s posible make the abilities that change forms like battle bond disguise, zen mode etc. work with anothers Pokémon?

Li Yun

Years
Hello y like your rom base :3 i have little cuestion about the rom base, it´s posible make the abilities that change forms like battle bond disguise, zen mode etc. work with anothers Pokémon?

Yes, but for that I would have to re-apply the Engine and configure the entire base again. It would be a lot of work for a small result.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
Yes, but for that I would have to re-apply the Engine and configure the entire base again. It would be a lot of work for a small result.

yeah i understand, well i have another question how works the rotom form change? its via a script?

i already figured out and found the script. xD

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
Small Update v1.8 13-10-2021:
Little has been added in this update. It's actually just to bring in some minor changes in the graphic look of the bag.
What was added in Modexe:
New Frame Style.
PC System BW Style.
New Style Box Visual
White Color(Bag).
Black Color(Bag).
Obs¹: To be able to apply the mod Rework Bag Style(White Color) or Rework Bag Style(Black Color), first apply the mod 03 - Slightly altered bag,
now you can apply the mod Rework Bag Style(White Color) or Rework Bag Style( Black Color).
Obs²: The bag has a small visual bug, which is the part circulated in the print below. She doesn't interfere with anything in the game.
As soon as I figure out how to fix it, I'll let everyone know and upload a fix update.

bandicam_2021-10-13_08-31-01-117.jpg

Patch and ModExe for download in the attached file in the main post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
(Excuse my English) my native language is Spanish and I use google traslante
Well it happens that I have a doubt
In order to use the personalized music of the coach, it is necessary to give a value to a variable the number of the song and I did not see in the whole post that you mentioned this variable.
What is that variable?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
I have a little problem inserting the cries :( i have no problem putting the cries from ivysaur to the last alolan form but starting whit the fillers to the rest of pokemon spaces the cries are the same of bulbasaur i already repointed the bulbasaur cry but the other cries are in the same offset of bulbasaur so.. How can i fix that?
my english is´t great hope someone can understand me :(

Back