• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
No, I mean without the Pokemon expansion. I want to apply Moemon patch on it but it only work with original Pokedex.

I don't have this version of the base rom without the Pokémon expansion.
Why can't you use the rom base? Does your patch insert only sprites and icons in the rom? Why don't you manually import them into base rom using PGE? In PGE there is an option that allows you to import all the sprites at once, without having to insert them one by one. The only requirement is that all sprites are numerically renamed.

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I don't have this version of the base rom without the Pokémon expansion.
Why can't you use the rom base? Does your patch insert only sprites and icons in the rom? Why don't you manually import them into base rom using PGE? In PGE there is an option that allows you to import all the sprites at once, without having to insert them one by one. The only requirement is that all sprites are numerically renamed.

PGE crash while import the sprites then when I open it again it say parameter is not valid.

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
PGE crash while import the sprites then when I open it again it say parameter is not valid.

Have you tried inserting a different sprite? Usually when this happens it is some problem in the sprite, and trying to force insert the sprite ends up making the rom invalid.
################################
Small Update v2.0 30-10-2021:
New: Focus Sash Item added.
New Fossil Regenerator Script added. (It is now compatible with all fossils available in the base.)
Modexe Mod Graphics: Fixed Mods color palette: 10 - Rework Bag Style(Black Color) and 11 - Rework Bag Style(White Color)
Obs: To apply this fix to your rom, open your base rom in Modexe Mod Graphics, then select Mod 10 or Mod 11, click on the
Mod with the right mouse button and select the "Set Original" option, then reapply o Mod 10 or 11, this will fix the old color palette problem.

Patch and ModExe for download in the attached file in the main post.

The video below demonstrates how the new Fossil Regenerator script works.

Li Yun

Years
Hot Update v2.1 30-10-2021:
New: Ev-Iv Display.
It was also added to ModExe - Mod Graphics.

bandicam_2021-10-30_19-41-31-496.jpg
bandicam_2021-10-30_19-41-40-138.jpg

bandicam_2021-10-30_19-41-30-966.jpg
bandicam_2021-10-30_19-42-58-274.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 19, 2023
i tested the rom out, and when i looked at my starters summary in battle, it was blank, and when i went back to the battle, the graphics looked corrupted when they were fine before
https://imgur.com/a/vz43fAS emulator is mgba

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
Have you tried inserting a different sprite? Usually when this happens it is some problem in the sprite, and trying to force insert the sprite ends up making the rom invalid.
################################
Small Update v2.0 30-10-2021:
New: Focus Sash Item added.
New Fossil Regenerator Script added. (It is now compatible with all fossils available in the base.)
Modexe Mod Graphics: Fixed Mods color palette: 10 - Rework Bag Style(Black Color) and 11 - Rework Bag Style(White Color)
Obs: To apply this fix to your rom, open your base rom in Modexe Mod Graphics, then select Mod 10 or Mod 11, click on the
Mod with the right mouse button and select the "Set Original" option, then reapply o Mod 10 or 11, this will fix the old color palette problem.

The video below demonstrates how the new Fossil Regenerator script works.

Thank, it work now. I need to rip new sprites from the game for it to work.

Li Yun

Years
i tested the rom out, and when i looked at my starters summary in battle, it was blank, and when i went back to the battle, the graphics looked corrupted when they were fine before
https://imgur.com/a/vz43fAS emulator is mgba

I recommend using VBA-M. Test and report if the problem persists, or if it's gone. But it is likely that this issue is related to mGba being incompatible.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Can you think of a way to insert a full screen style menu?
It is the menu of pokemon sovereign of the skies..
I'm trying to think if it's written by ASM and inserted into the rom when the flag is called by the Start button > Open Menu...
I know a little about code... But still not enough to write something like that :D

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 21, 2023
Hey there, thank you a lot for all the work put on this, I'm currently using it for a personal hack as a bday gift for a friend of mine and until now I'm doing fine despite of my lack of hacking skill XD. Thank you again for this, if I could ask you something, I'd just really appreciate the gym level cap mod for emerald to be compatible with this rombase, I've been trying to add on my own after looking into 20 different threads but I couldn't understand at all... anyway keep going with the great job, this helped me a lot and hope that keep helping other people.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Hey there, thank you a lot for all the work put on this, I'm currently using it for a personal hack as a bday gift for a friend of mine and until now I'm doing fine despite of my lack of hacking skill XD. Thank you again for this, if I could ask you something, I'd just really appreciate the gym level cap mod for emerald to be compatible with this rombase, I've been trying to add on my own after looking into 20 different threads but I couldn't understand at all... anyway keep going with the great job, this helped me a lot and hope that keep helping other people.

Would you mind sharing which tutorials/mods you've been trying to use? I've been trying to find something similar.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
I have the problem that I can't find the palette of the new IV EV anywhere..
I tried using PaletteView and also looking for HxD but it seems its value is reversed somewhere..
I just want to change the background color of the IV EV

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Is there a way to not have the changed type icons? I prefer the old ones personally....
Yes metoo.. but I can't find it using Unlz.. maybe it was inserted somewhere else..
Maybe we should wait for Li Yun, he'll have an answer

Years
link for the gym level cap mod for emerald?

Li Yun

Years
Can you think of a way to insert a full screen style menu?
It is the menu of pokemon sovereign of the skies..
I'm trying to think if it's written by ASM and inserted into the rom when the flag is called by the Start button > Open Menu...
I know a little about code... But still not enough to write something like that :D

This rom(Sovereign of the Skies) is a rom created using decomp, so I think there is no asm involved I said, but changes to the pure system code. I'm researching how I can replicate these changes to apply to a binary rom. I hope to be able to share it with everyone.
Is there a way to not have the changed type icons? I prefer the old ones personally....

I will add this option in the next ModExe update - Mod Graphics. Thanks for the sugestion.

To activate the level cap system, create a level script and add this to it: setflag 0x202. So the system will be activated as soon as you enter that location. Let's say you want to activate this system only in gyms, then you would have to create a level script and mark it as a level script within the gyms. Outside the gym you would create another level script and mark it in town. The difference is that in the level script to flag in the city you would add the command clearflag 0x202 to disable the system as soon as you leave the gym.
In case you didn't understand, I can record a video demonstrating how to do this.
Also, for updates, can I apply the patch to my edited rom without it reversing my changes? thx.

You can open and use Modexe Update vX.XX
This version of Modexe contains all the changes existing in the update.
This is great for applying new update changes to your rom without losing the current edited data in your rom.

I have the problem that I can't find the palette of the new IV EV anywhere..
I tried using PaletteView and also looking for HxD but it seems its value is reversed somewhere..
I just want to change the background color of the IV EV
The offset of the color palette starts at offset 14BF03C and the last bytes are C6 18 63 0C 00 00.

Li Yun

Years
Anyone know why DNS doesn't work on newly inserted maps?

In the new map, in the "header" tab you should define the type of environment the new map will be, this will interfere with the dns system. You will have an option quoting "weather", in it you will change from "in-house weather" to "regular weather". Then just test your map and check if the dns is working on the new map.

Years
To activate the level cap system, create a level script and add this to it: setflag 0x202. So the system will be activated as soon as you enter that location. Let's say you want to activate this system only in gyms, then you would have to create a level script and mark it as a level script within the gyms. Outside the gym you would create another level script and mark it in town. The difference is that in the level script to flag in the city you would add the command clearflag 0x202 to disable the system as soon as you leave the gym.In case you didn't understand, I can record a video demonstrating how to do this.
hey i wanted to add a level cap system in every gym to prevent overleveling in your rom base but can you make a video of it?

Back