• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
Can you change it to black?
Specifically "A5 14"... It's the color I use..
Or is it possible to add a choice of 2 white or black background colors to the Modexe?
Or can I fix them myself using ASM , how?
Just show me, I'll probably figure it out myself...
Thanks a lot

Go to offset 1FFD01A, and paste this: 14 20 00 02 A5
14 and A5 was the color code you gave me. If you want to change to another color, just change these two values.
bandicam_2021-10-24_05-25-44-623.jpg

Years
How do I make teams bigger with PGE? I've been trying to do this for gym leaders as I aim for my hack to be more difficult but whenever I do it effects the next trainer in line, for example, if I extend roxanne's team of 3 to 4, the 4th pokemon becomes the 1st pokemon on Brawly's team. If I switch it on brawly's team to a normal mon it affects the 4th mon on roxanne's team and vice versa. this happens for brawly too, with wattson. Is there any way to prevent this?

Li Yun

Years
How do I make teams bigger with PGE? I've been trying to do this for gym leaders as I aim for my hack to be more difficult but whenever I do it effects the next trainer in line, for example, if I extend roxanne's team of 3 to 4, the 4th pokemon becomes the 1st pokemon on Brawly's team. If I switch it on brawly's team to a normal mon it affects the 4th mon on roxanne's team and vice versa. this happens for brawly too, with wattson. Is there any way to prevent this?
Here:

Thanks for sharing this, I have always wanted to make my own Pokemon Rom hack with all these more modern features and future gen Pokemon. And this base is a great place to start :)

Enjoy!

Years
So how do i properly use PGE. Whenever i try to go to any of the editors, i always get an unhandeled exception error message and when i click continue for example on the Pokemon editor, nothing is showing up, like no Pokemon are showing up, it's completely empty

Li Yun

Years
So how do i properly use PGE. Whenever i try to go to any of the editors, i always get an unhandeled exception error message and when i click continue for example on the Pokemon editor, nothing is showing up, like no Pokemon are showing up, it's completely empty

Read:
unknown.png

This information is explicit in the post.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Can I ask a few more small questions?
I want to modify the words in the start menu
For example Bag = Pack
Where can I find the offset of the letters in the start menu?

Li Yun

Years
Can I ask a few more small questions?
I want to modify the words in the start menu
For example Bag = Pack
Where can I find the offset of the letters in the start menu?

Well, you can use this tool: Hex Maniac Advance
With it you will be able to edit any text in the base. In addition to being able to edit any existing text in the base rom, you can also edit various other things in the rom.
But it's worth noting that as the rom was expanded (items, pokemon, moves, etc), some things the HMA won't be able to read correctly. So it's good to be aware of that.
All in all, HMA is a great tool. You can do a lot of things with it.

Li Yun

Years
Is the Focus Sash not in this rombase? Is there a reason for this?

I forgot to add it. It will be inserted into the base from the next update, but in case you
want to insert it by yourself, its effect ID is 106. Configure it like in the image below.
unknown.png

Years
There's something wrong. I edited the description of these moves (as I changed their effect) and now the text looks like this....

Spoiler:

Attachments

• errror.png
    errror.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 223

Li Yun

Years
There's something wrong. I edited the description of these moves (as I changed their effect) and now the text looks like this....

Spoiler:

In PGE, you must press "Enter" at the end of each line, this way the description will be displayed correctly.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 11, 2022
hi, PGE is not working with this base. Whenever I try to open a menu with it I get an error message. Any idea why? Thanks

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
A version with just the Pokémon expansion applied? If I may ask, why do you want something like that?

No, I mean without the Pokemon expansion. I want to apply Moemon patch on it but it only work with original Pokedex.

Back