• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
    I do have to say, amazing job with this, even though Im not a Hack creator and have very limited knowledge of Hex and zero knowledge of ASM. Out of interest, any plans for a FireRed Rom Base?

So far I have no plans to create a base for Fire Red.
    Anyway, in the following link (Fire Red Old-School Rom Base)you will find a Fire Red base with various mechanics inserted.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    Hi, another bug report, I think? The Echoed Voice TM still has its TM Count in the bag. Ill admit, I did fiddle with it so that it taught Liquidation instead, but that shouldnt have overwrote the code hiding the count, right?

Li Yun

Years
    Hi, another bug report, I think? The Echoed Voice TM still has its TM Count in the bag. Ill admit, I did fiddle with it so that it taught Liquidation instead, but that shouldnt have overwrote the code hiding the count, right?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Fixed. File in the attachament updated.
    Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

Years
    Apologies for pestering you, but are Potions broken? I tried to heal my Solgaleo and it acted like it wouldnt have any effect.
    Spoiler:

I'm sorry about that.
    You can resolve this manually like this::
    Go to offset 31E58C, and paste this: 80 E3 31 08. Now open your rom and try again to heal your Pokémon.
    Or you can apply the new patch I just updated in the attachment of the post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Did you download the PGE from the spoiler "Programs Compatible with this Base"?
    This PGE contains the .ini that is compatible with this base. The rom and the .ini must
    have the same name, and it is necessary to .ini and rom to be in the same folder.

Alright, it's working again. Thank you so much.

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I have a question. Is there a way to increase the Pokémon slots? I'm trying to add Galar stuff and I know there's enough slots for that. But I may need even more slots for things related to my hack, so I would want to know if there is a way.

Li Yun

Years
    Spoiler:

Yes, it's possible, but it would be very, very problematic. Won't the more than 200 free slots be enough for your rom hack?
    EDIT: It is worth remembering that there are only 809 slots available on Pokédex.
    If you're trying to capture any Pokémon with index 810 above Pokédex, the game will freeze.
    The box below (where it says "Here") is where you determine the registration number in the Pokémon Pokédex.

Last edited:

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Yes, it's possible, but it would be very, very problematic. Won't the more than 200 free slots be enough for your rom hack?
    EDIT: It is worth remembering that there are only 809 slots available on Pokédex.
    If you're trying to capture any Pokémon with index 810 above Pokédex, the game will freeze.
    The box below (where it says "Here") is where you determine the registration number in the Pokémon Pokédex.

Generation VIII introduces 121 Pokémon (Counting all forms except Alcremie's), so yeah, it is enough, I was just thinking forward the possible need of more slots later on, but if it's too problematic I will leave the slots like that. Thanks for the reply.
    Now that you mention it, is there a way to expand PokéDex to add Pokémon on the slots that are already free?
    (And a side question now that I mentioned Alcremie, is there a way to add more expanded evolution tables like Eevee's?)

Li Yun

Years
    Spoiler:

1. Expand Pokédex slots to accommodate more Pokémon? Yes, it is possible but requires some modifications and tests
    to confirm the functionality of everything and check whether or not such a change caused bugs.
    If you're really interested in this, I can perform the modifications and tests, and if everything goes well I pass on the data to apply the modification to your rom.

2. On the evolution table of eevee, I tried everything but could not make another Pokémon, besides the eevee, have an evolution custom table.

Back