• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    This is because there are no slots available in Pokédex. The base supports registering only 809 Pokémon in the déx, so your game freezes
    when capturing any of the Pokémon you've created. Originally, I created this base focused only on Pokémon from 1st to 7th generation.
    Could I have inserted the 8th generation ones? Yes, but the "problem" is that not all the moves and abilitys of the 8th generation would
    be inserted(because I don't know how to program them properly), so I just focusd on the7 first generations.

Maybe they could be added with the warning of being mechanically incomplete or something?

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2021
    Is it possible to add new mega evolutions? If so, how do you create a functioning mega stone or turn an existing item into one?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    i hope so i wanted gen 8 in my hack this base is the only complete rom base of the game thats not 8 years old now so BlizzWhite might be right i have many fake mon and gen 8 wont fit can it be expanded again sorry for my english not good then others

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
    Is it possible to add new mega evolutions? If so, how do you create a functioning mega stone or turn an existing item into one?

Yes, it's possible. Just look at how mega evolutions have been set up at the base.

i hope so i wanted gen 8 in my hack this base is the only complete rom base of the game thats not 8 years old now so BlizzWhite might be right i have many fake mon and gen 8 wont fit can it be expanded again sorry for my english not good then others

As I mentioned before, I created this ROM Base only with contents from the 1st to the 7th generation. I didn't insert the mechanics or anything from the 8th generation because I don't know how to program, which is to limit myself to doing a lot. In addition to not delivering a ROM Base with incomplete 8th generation contents, I decided not to insert it into the base. Another good option is CFRU. It's a bit tricky to work with, but it has all the mechanics available, plus it has all the moves, abilitys, Pokémon, etc. available.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2021
    Yes, it's possible. Just look at how mega evolutions have been set up at the base.

Not sure what I'm missing, I set up an evolution for a pokemon, set the condition to mega, set a pokemon to mega evolve into, and set an item for it to mega evolve with. I also set a revert mega evolution for the "mega" pokemon, and set the item's hold effect value to the same one mega stones have (139). Made sure the pokemon was holding the item and I had the mega bracelet in the bag but it didn't work. The only thing I can see that's still off is the extra parameter but I don't know what to do with that since it's different for every mega stone.

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024

As I mentioned before, I created this ROM Base only with contents from the 1st to the 7th generation. I didn't insert the mechanics or anything from the 8th generation because I don't know how to program, which is to limit myself to doing a lot. In addition to not delivering a ROM Base with incomplete 8th generation contents, I decided not to insert it into the base. Another good option is CFRU. It's a bit tricky to work with, but it has all the mechanics available, plus it has all the moves, abilitys, Pokémon, etc. available.

Yeah, I tried CFRU before, but had to stick with the old type of Binary Hacking because DevkitPro isn't compatible with 32 bit PCs (Which is why I can't use decompe either), that's why this base came as a huge relief for us binary hackers that had to work with very outdated bases 😂 (Thanks for the work anyway despite the limitations)

Li Yun

Years
    Not sure what I'm missing, I set up an evolution for a pokemon, set the condition to mega, set a pokemon to mega evolve into, and set an item for it to mega evolve with. I also set a revert mega evolution for the "mega" pokemon, and set the item's hold effect value to the same one mega stones have (139). Made sure the pokemon was holding the item and I had the mega bracelet in the bag but it didn't work. The only thing I can see that's still off is the extra parameter but I don't know what to do with that since it's different for every mega stone.
    In the "extra parameter", you must add the Mega Evolution ID.
    For example, the Mega Venusaur is inserted in slot 948, converting the 948 we will have 3B4.
    In the extra parameter, delete the last three zeros, and paste the Pokémon ID (in Hex) there.
    You can use the calculated Windows itself to convert a tenth number into hex, or any other
    tool that has such a function. The XSE (editor and script compiler), for example, it has a calculator that can do this.
    Yeah, I tried CFRU before, but had to stick with the old type of Binary Hacking because DevkitPro isn't compatible with 32 bit PCs (Which is why I can't use decompe either), that's why this base came as a huge relief for us binary hackers that had to work with very outdated bases 😂 (Thanks for the work anyway despite the limitations)

With CFRU you can create a great Rom hack, only it's hard and complicated to set up it, which ends up frustrated many users.

Last edited:

pal7mentor

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2021
    This is a very nice one and gives in-depth information. I am really happy with the quality and presentation of the article. I'd really like to appreciate the efforts you get with writing this post. Thanks for sharing.
    CEH course in pune

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    With CFRU you can create a great Rom hack, only it's hard and complicated to set up it, which ends up frustrated many users.

Yes, I know, the issue is that it isn't compatible with 32 bit PCs anymore, so I'll have to stick the old ways until I can have a better one 😂
    Hence why my interest in a base as good as yours.

Li Yun

Years
    Oi amigo '-'

This is a very nice one and gives in-depth information. I am really happy with the quality and presentation of the article. I'd really like to appreciate the efforts you get with writing this post. Thanks for sharing.
    It's nice to know someone liked this base. Make good use of it. If any doubts or anything like that arises on this basis, just comment here in the post that I will reply as soon as possible.
    Yes, I know, the issue is that it isn't compatible with 32 bit PCs anymore, so I'll have to stick the old ways until I can have a better one 😂
    Hence why my interest in a base as good as yours.
    Understand. You're the one who asked anything about déx's expansion to accommodate Pokémon up to the 8th generation, correct? And I had stayed to settle this for you? I've been pretty busy lately, not much time left. But I think by next Monday, or Tuesday, I'll be going over the data to help you with that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Can you add G3HS support so sprites can easily be edited? Its immensely complicated to edit sprites with the correct palette for PGE and G3T, and I still haven't figured it out or found any tutorials on how to do so. I would like to add new pokemon in my hack.

Li Yun

Years
    Can you add G3HS support so sprites can easily be edited? Its immensely complicated to edit sprites with the correct palette for PGE and G3T, and I still haven't figured it out or found any tutorials on how to do so. I would like to add new pokemon in my hack.

G3HS is a beta-phase tool that has been discontinued.
    By default, it can cause bugs easily on the rom, trying to edit this base in G3HS is not recommended.
    The chances of this tool buging something on the base is almost 100% guaranteed.
    I recommend using PGE, or even the HMA (Hex Maniac Advance) to insert the sprites.

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Understand. You're the one who asked anything about déx's expansion to accommodate Pokémon up to the 8th generation, correct? And I had stayed to settle this for you? I've been pretty busy lately, not much time left. But I think by next Monday, or Tuesday, I'll be going over the data to help you with that.

Yep, it was me, and thanks for that 😃

Zirconix52

Modder, Gamer, Streamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2021
    Wanted to give a quick update for people that may want to mod the game a little after applying the patch. Along with the modified programs listed, unLZ-GBA works perfectly and so does Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition. Nameless Sprite Editor (NSE) gave me a little trouble but only because some of the sprite indexing is different than the base game so that also still works. I can't get TileMolester to work properly but with NSE, you probably don't need it. Great work on this Li Yun! I really appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Thanks a lot for the response! I figured out how to insert sprites correctly with PGE, dw. Now, though, anytime i try to insert new attacks in learnsets in PGE, even using jambo hack, and automatically looking for free space, it gives me the number of attacks I asked, but also some program crashing nonsense after it like some glitch moves at levels 0 or above 100 till like 255 or something. Do you know what causes this, and what I'm doing wrong?

Li Yun

Years
    Thanks a lot for the response! I figured out how to insert sprites correctly with PGE, dw. Now, though, anytime i try to insert new attacks in learnsets in PGE, even using jambo hack, and automatically looking for free space, it gives me the number of attacks I asked, but also some program crashing nonsense after it like some glitch moves at levels 0 or above 100 till like 255 or something. Do you know what causes this, and what I'm doing wrong?

Watch the video below, it quickly demonstrates how to add new attacks to the Pokémon.
    Let me know if I haven't answered your question correctly, or if you have any other questions.

================================================================================

Added a modified version of NSE, which makes it compatible with rom hacks that have Expanded Pokémon.
    The images below demonstrate this. In the main post, open the Spoiler called "Programs Compatible with this Base".

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Nevermind, I figured it out, I was doing something wrong with the ini, thank you so much for responding

Back