• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Empyrean [v1.1] (~! Final Arc Released !~)

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
  • Hi everyone!
    Wow it's been a while I haven't got involved in this community.
    I'm coming for this fangame, that I've discovered from one of the cool national pokemon youtubers we have.

I gotta say I'm fond of the mechanics intended to add comfort to the gameplay. IV/EVs being addressed, + the type of the Hidden Power, neat.

So far I've reached the 7th gym and am resolving this situation in Industrial Town. I wasn't so lucky nor organized so I just bought the villa that costed one million pokedollars, I'm looking buying the two others that are available at the moment. I'd do this Apriplum farming thing but it looks rather boring :p I would need to mix it up with pokemon levelling or egg raising maybe. I would have wished for more exp spots near the loamy soils. But I'll try.

I wanted to come back on a variety on small details. Although I understand a game needs secrets; I feel the game rather overlooked instruction on some topics.
    - Constest medals. I have one gold medal, one silver medal, are they useful later or can I sell them?
    - Heart scale move tutor. The guy makes his appearance way after the player gets this item. I had sold it so I looked like a dum dum haha. Okay I don't sell them anymore.
    - Locked balls and ball keys. It is a nice addition as a side-quest, but I feel some of them can too easily be overlooked. For example I found myself unable to unlock the one located in
    Spoiler:
    , I am not sure I will be able to return to this place. I don't know, maybe an NPC could say the ball keys need thorough research? Most of time I find them by sheer chance. And the last one was a TM, which is a rather important item.
    - Breeding. I must admit I didn't try too much because I never cared about "perfect" stats Pokemon, and even with additional comfort I've done not much about it. Just to be sure to understand, what exactly does GP do? Is it some stat multiplier like IVs and EVs, what are the maths behind it? But as I understand, it stands as an extra challenge for players who find IV/EVs too comfortable now; so maybe I'm not the target audience for this feature.
    - Number of items. Honestly I've been overflowed with info, all these items in my way. I'm pretty glad I've found all the Mega stones or hidden card, but I'm kinda traumatised from the heart scale venture quoted earlier. I don't sell any item because I fear they would find an use with an NPC later (star dust, for example, I know it had an use in gen III) or that I can't buy again until later (all these type-efficiency single-use items, I've not been using). I don't know maybe this one is just me.
    - Overall difficulty. I don't know what happens if I dismiss all the optimisation features out of laziness, does it make the game unbeatable for me? I've experienced a first spike of difficulty at the Blitz fight before 6th badge, but nothing a bit of levelling couldn't overcome.

If a fellow user can advise me how to better understand and manage items, locked balls and breeding, I'll be thankful.

I think I've done a decent job with my Pokemon team; now I'm kinda trapped with it anyways since they've earned so many EVs :) I caught them from the start.
    Delphox, Omuran Swellow, Alolan Ninetales, Pangoro, Drapion, Lycanrock.
    Unfortunately I find Omuran Swellow and Alolan Ninetales to be rather lacking lately. I think the Alolan Ninetales would take the role of a glass cannon or revenge sweeper, while Omuran Swellow, well he does a fairly good job to electroshock my enemies. I wish its moveset for Flying-type or other types would be a bit extended, for variety purposes. My two superstars are Braixen and Lycanrock, they are tru powerhouses!
    Still kinda sad I care for a team of 6 when I literally have 5 boxes full of unused Pokemon.

To finish, I would lke to congratulate the author on the gorgeous tilesets and the t h i c c storyline; as well as the wild Pokemon filling the different ecosystems. They do really good for getting 100% involved in the game. I've just spent 6 hours on it yesterday evening without taking breaks hahahahahahahaha I am crazy. Oh! And the soundtrack of course! Is there a list of tracks available? There are a number of songs I'm curious about, especially the non-Pokemon ones.

I'll comment other things later.
    Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2020
    I remember there was a tent that would sell revival herbs but i can't seem to find it. Can someone help me with the location?

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    Hello, when i first did this game i found a nugget before the 7th gym then i start a new game + but can't remember where i found the nugget i need it for golden egg does someone know where it is ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I remember there was a tent that would sell revival herbs but i can't seem to find it. Can someone help me with the location?

There's also one in Naruku Village, I believe. Once you beat the Leader? Or I am mistaken, cause I usually blitz through there.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    To finish, I would lke to congratulate the author on the gorgeous tilesets and the t h i c c storyline; as well as the wild Pokemon filling the different ecosystems. They do really good for getting 100% involved in the game. I've just spent 6 hours on it yesterday evening without taking breaks hahahahahahahaha I am crazy. Oh! And the soundtrack of course! Is there a list of tracks available? There are a number of songs I'm curious about, especially the non-Pokemon ones.
    Thanks!

Thank you! There isn't a complete list, but there are some songs listed in the Credits section. A lot of songs are from old Final Fantasy games, PMD, Seiken Densetsu, Chrono Trigger, etc.

- Constest medals. I have one gold medal, one silver medal, are they useful later or can I sell them?

They're just for selling at this point.

- Heart scale move tutor. The guy makes his appearance way after the player gets this item. I had sold it so I looked like a dum dum haha. Okay I don't sell them anymore.

The earliest tutor is in Shawmonk Forest, so I wouldn't say it's way after.

- Locked balls and ball keys.

You can return to the mansion later.

- Overall difficulty. I don't know what happens if I dismiss all the optimisation features out of laziness, does it make the game unbeatable for me? I've experienced a first spike of difficulty at the Blitz fight before 6th badge, but nothing a bit of levelling couldn't overcome.

You should be able to beat main game without cards/GP, but it'll have difficulty spikes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Where in Naruku? I have looked around but the only tent is for the codes

XD I was mistaken then! Like I said, it's been a minute since I've explored that town. Then it seems there's that one in the bottom half of Shian Swamp. The one that sells X-Scissor. Why are you looking for herbs, when there's plenty of other options though? Honestly curious. EDIT: Nope. There is a herb shop there(Naraku village), but I was wrong on timing. He's only there if you *HAVEN'T* gotten the Curse badge yet.

Last edited:

LeonTheFirst

Dev Helper
    Years
  • Really Great Game, Love it for a long time and played it for a year. Finally Completed it last month, It was whole heartedly worth the time.

Years
  • I have a question. If i do a NG+, am i going to keep the card on my team ? If yes, does those cards are going to be the same or they will "de-volve" with my pokemon ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Hi, I started the game one week ago and it IS AWESOME I love it !! (already have the 7th badge :P)
    I just wanted to know what are the day/night times, is it 6am and 6pm ? (I need to evolve my Riolu ^^)

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Hi ! I was wondering about the list of the Pokemon encounters... Is it still up to date ?
    'Cause Rowlet in the Shawmonk Forest is not listed
    And Route 103 doesn't exist... I also found two of them on Route 102
    I'm trying to complete the Pokedex as much as I can, so I wanted to know

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Thanks Stochastic.
    I guess I prefer to occasionnally suffer, than to repeatedly train and breed my poke poke until they reach 5GP. IV/EV candies and nature surgeon sure do a great job. Occasional TM learning, use of type-resistance items, there are great alternatives everywhere. Other than that I've got myself a 5GP Swampert at the bid auction, maybe I'd use it later in replacement of my Omurean Swellow, because it drags a bit now.
    Overall, I believe re-doing all the training that's done on my team since the start of the game looks daunting. All the trainers I've fought didn't give their phone number so no re-match available. At least there are these trainers I can pay for a fight (another neat feature that helps comfort). I am yet to find a game that allows me to re-buid, re mix-and-match teams in no time, but I guess that's ok. I will change my team in new game +, there I many Poke Poke I'd like to use.

Oh, yes, I was surprised that this shop was gone after I got the Curse Badge. Had I known, I would have bought his stock :shrug:.

Edit: Yeah; most of the musics are referred to with their Empyrean destination, in the BGM folder. Guess that's too bad for me for not knowing their original sources for now... I wanted to check out the Dooriver's carnival music. That Mystery Dungeon medley is sick though, it was a good idea to use it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Another question (still figuring out how to evolve my OM Riolu which is level 84 now ^^')
    Is there any happiness checker somewhere ? And what is the best method to increase my Pokémon's happiness ?

UltraFlexTape

Willy Smith Here!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2022
    Question:
    Isn't there a card that increases 2x/3x stats of your pokemon?
    And don't you get this card at the end of rainbow quest?
    I'm asking this because I either don't know the name of the card.
    Or it's nonexistent.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • Question:
    Isn't there a card that increases 2x/3x stats of your pokemon?
    And don't you get this card at the end of rainbow quest?
    I'm asking this because I either don't know the name of the card.
    Or it's nonexistent.

Yes, it's called the Quartz Card and can be equipped to any Pokemon. It's only 2x the stats though, same as a Platinum Card.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Another question (still figuring out how to evolve my OM Riolu which is level 84 now ^^')
    Is there any happiness checker somewhere ? And what is the best method to increase my Pokémon's happiness ?

Go to the Pokemon Daycare, and there'll be a guy sitting all by his lonesome. Talk to him and he will either massage your Pokemon for some money to increase happiness, or he'll check happiness for free.

UltraFlexTape

Willy Smith Here!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2022
    Question:
    Is there any way to enter the locked house in Asutra?
    Or is it some room where you actually need to hack into to get in?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    So, what's the Apriplum Technique ? I remember having saw it mentioned in the thread but I don't know where.

Rag

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2021
    I have a question regarding a pokemon I'm looking for in the game. Where exactly does Axew spawn? I've been looking for a decent amount of time and suspect I'm just looking in the wrong area.

Back